Writing-up [UK] The Novel Psychoactive Substances in the UK Project

noreenmdege

Greenlighter
Hi there,

My name is Noreen Mdege and I'm a researcher working with the University of York in the United Kingdom.

I'm looking to recruit people to contribute to a study whose overall aim is to inform the development of public health intervention research on novel or new psychoactive substances (NPS)/ Legal Highs through bringing together and reviewing existing information on their use, the associated problems and the potential responses.

One of the main components of the study is involving NPS users in the United Kingdom, in informing the study and the recommendations that will come out of it. I am therefore looking to enlist the support of users in doing this work. If you choose to support the study, this would involve responding to questions about issues that users are better placed to answer and commenting on text provided from time to time. You could decline anything that wasn't suitable and withdraw at any time. I would probably want to contact you two or three times in the next 6 months and your involvement might take 30-60 minutes each time. I will be able to offer some compensation for your time and expertise, and will respect your preferences for how contact is made and maintained. I am also well aware of the importance of anonymity and confidentiality.

To be able to contribute you have to be a current NPS/ Legal high user and be resident in the United Kingdom.

This study began in November 2015 and will run until November 2016.

You can find further information at: http://www.york.ac.uk/healthscience...th/projects/novel-psychoactive-substances-uk/

If you might be interested, I can be contacted at [email protected] or via the Bluelight private messaging system. I would be happy to answer any questions you have.

Hope to speak to you soon,

Noreen Mdege

Bump - this project is still ongoing and looking for UK participants

UK Project on NPS

My question, is more than obvious...Why is this research being undertaken AFTER a ludicrous blanket ban was passed?...It's

Last edited:
I must be out of touch with new terminology and such. Can you tell me what NOS is? Is it synthetic or natural / grown natural and changed at some point to make it psychoactive?
Also how much compensation are participants reviving for say 6 months or is it pay per experience/ trip? Thanks and I hope to hear back from you.

Rather NPS NOT NOS....LOL DISLIKING THIS DEVICE FOR TRYING TO CORRECT MY SPELLING. UGHH!!!!

Thank you Scott@417. We are looking for UK-based users of 'Legal highs'. We are working on documents that bring together what is known about 'Legal Highs'. After these are finished we are planning to send them to a number of legal high users for comments and to gather their perspectives. We will send two sets of documents, one in September and one in October. After commenting on each set of documents, the person who has commented will receive £10 or £10 shopping voucher. So if they comment on one set, that is £10 in total, and if they comment on both sets that is £20 in total, over the course of the project.

I hope this helps.

Noreen