• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Cannabis Social V. Social Cannabis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just smoked a nice 1 paper of some Organic Jack Herer with Girl Scout Cookie Keif sprinkled throughout. Am thoroughly assembled.

What're you guys/gals tokin'?

I still haven't tried GSC, what's that like? Seems to be all the rage lately. I've got some OG Kush and schwaggy sativa now, looking forward to the outdoor harvest!

^good cookies are good. it's a nice strain--good taste, stoney effect. I've heard people joke it's just OG made worse though--which I wouldn't entirely disagree with, I'd take good OG over good cookies, except this area is flooded with good OG

Felt like shit this morning so I just slept until I didn't.... hadn't slept til noon in a while haha

Then got up a smoked a joint of Tangerine Dream and Gorilla Glue

Last edited:
I've got some OG Kush and schwaggy sativa now

Mix dem out. All these fancy names gosh... In Gouda (Holland), there's a coffeeshop that sells only one weed and one (moroccan) hash. No names, just 1/2g, 1g, 5g deals. Kinda handy if you ask me.

I still haven't tried GSC, what's that like? Seems to be all the rage lately. I've got some OG Kush and schwaggy sativa now, looking forward to the outdoor harvest!

Its great, 24% THC from an LP called Broken Coast from B.C. Currently they are not taking on any new patients to sell to. :mad:

sweet island skunk shatter
got seeds in vancouver on vacation
someone grew a it for me
i just stuffed a tube full of a crown bud and blasted some dope shatter
good body buzz, happy, smiles

^good cookies are good. it's a nice strain--good taste, stoney effect. I've heard people joke it's just OG made worse though--which I wouldn't entirely disagree with, I'd take good OG over good cookies, except this area is flooded with good OG

Ah I didn't even know it was an OG Kush hybrid, wonder how it stacks up to other Chemdawg hybrids

Mix dem out. All these fancy names gosh... In Gouda (Holland), there's a coffeeshop that sells only one weed and one (moroccan) hash. No names, just 1/2g, 1g, 5g deals. Kinda handy if you ask me.

Yea I'm ok with not having much choice but I do like to at least have the option between a heavy indica and lighter sativa-dom. Outdoor nugs in general are pretty good value, cheaper than the indoor stuff and more consistent overall than commercial hydro nug quality tends to be.

Ah I didn't even know it was an OG Kush hybrid, wonder how it stacks up to other Chemdawg hybrids

Like what hybrids you mean, like alphadawg stardawg? I'm sure there's a million chem hybrids that I'm just not thinking of off the top of my head.. popularity of strains also becomes very regional--chem isn't as common in socal I'd say

I'd say GSC is one of the best though, but it's getting less of the chem I'd say. Some of the other "Cookie Fam" strains are pretty interesting too--Sunset Sherbet, Rainbow something, Gelato, a couple others---or maybe it's just hype weed lol

Some of the GSC crosses from the early hermie'd Cookie Fam units are pretty good too--Animal Cookies or the Thin Mint from Gold Coast are ones that come to mind

They're all on Instagram, that's how GSC has really gotten so popular--the cultivators/breeders are actively promoting themselves as the latest and greatest in Bay Area smokers (which is practically urban Emerald Triangle if you don't know better lol--esp cause those guys are more underground--but check out 3rd Gen Family)
Instragrams: sherbinski415, jigga415, powerzzzup .... those are the main breeders and growers for GSC and associated strains

Monk is right, a lot of strains' popularity are regional. Chemdawg itself didn't use to be that popular as it is now just a few years ago when I was growing it (#hipster). Chemdawg hybrids have blown the fuck up in the past 5 years.

You can ALWAYS find a chem hybrid somewhere in Denver. It's one of favs so I dig it. Some off the top of my head: 303 Kush/OG, Purple Chem, Stardawg and Mob Boss is pretty popular here as well. I've seen probably 20 different Chem hybrids obviously can't name them all right now lol.

I haven't even heard of some of these but Sour Diesel and Pink Kush has been popular out East for a number of years. Before West coast genetics really took off here the zeitgeist strains were G13, M33 and NL#5. IIRC these can all cope well with colder temps so climate may have been the major factor in that

^ Me too.

So this is the second strain of CBD shatter I've picked up (so far Cannaberry and Harle Tsu) and I can't tell if it's just the quality of the shatter or just what's up with the some of these CBD dominant strains of concentrate, but I'll be the first to say I like the taste. The terps are on point!

^Is it a cherry taste? It'd be nice to get some CBD that doesn't....

It's apparently the flavor of the molecule for some reason... I've tasted multiple CBD BHO strains (ACDC, cannatonic) as well as the 99% CBD isolate and they all tasted like cherries. Been informed of that fact^^^ as well by people who make those things.

^ Spot on.

I am a little surprised that this is the case because I never got the cherry flavor when just smoking the flower of ACDC, cannatonic and Harlequin. I guess the concentration of terps really makes a difference for me.

^ Spot on.

I am a little surprised that this is the case because I never got the cherry flavor when just smoking the flower of ACDC, cannatonic and Harlequin. I guess the concentration of terps really makes a difference for me.

Totally. I've never gotten it with ACDC flowers either, I think it just gets destroyed when smoked maybe? Or like you said, just not concentrated enough.

Good morning Afghanistan!
I read this in Robin Williams voice.

Totally. I've never gotten it with ACDC flowers either, I think it just gets destroyed when smoked maybe? Or like you said, just not concentrated enough.
Terps are indeed volatile, but the biggest sign for me that it's the BHO's concentration/discrimination is the fact that I can smell the cherry in the shatter before it's dabbed and I cannot do the same with the flowers prior to smoking them.

I smell a musky and almost spicy smell in most CBD flowers and the smoke taste like that to me as well, not much sweetness like the cherry that comes through in the BHO. I have really only tried a handful though, so this is coming from limited experience.

I'm guessing that it's not only he concentration, but it's also selective/discriminatory services done by the BHO itself. I'm sure that BHO can't replicate the exact ratios of terps for all flowers (different terps have different solubility) so there must be SOME sort of discrepancy in all cases between flowers and their respective BHO extract.

EDit
99% CBD isolate
Or maybe it's just the fucking drug itself, CBD, taste like fucking cherries! Hmmm....

Last edited:
I read this in Robin Williams voice.

lol perfect that was my intent.

this Afghani Hashplant is blowing me away.

It is an interesting phenotype, not very dense buds (this may be due to the fact it's organic) but extremely crystally. You almost cannot see the calyx because of the amount of trichomes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.