• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Chest pain after taking MDMA?

CG17

Greenlighter
OK so 3 weeks ago me and some friends went clubbing and did some pills... they were branded 'purple teslas' and were suppose to be pretty strong... throughout the duration of the night I stupidly took 2 and a half. When the morning came I hadn't slept and began walking home from my friends suddenly I felt my heart drop and my chest numbed up and had a really tight pain over the left side of my chest and my heart seemed all over the place. Luckily my friend managed to calm me down and got me home safely. These symptoms then continued for a whole week STRAIGHT. When the week passed I started to feel better and the pain subsided but I still felt a little short for breath. THEN 4 days on I woke up and the pain was back. I got really scared and called an ambulance as I thought I was suffering a heart attack. I had 3 ecg's ran, blood tests and a chest x ray which all indicated that NOTHING was wrong with my heart, put the pain was still hurting SO much and I still found my breathing was difficult. It is still happening as we speak and although I feel like I am slowly dying no medical professional can see anything wrong!!! I just need someones input/advice? Has anyone else experienced this and if so will it end soon? PLEASE I could really do with some reassurance here guys?

Jeez if those were MDMA and I'm guessing the legit defcon presses coming from the ”NL dosed regularly at 200+ mg MDMA”..... That's a half gram dose. It's no wonder it caused chest pains. I'm sure if it was regular pure crystal MDMA, as due to a new precursor available there's a lot of pure even high grade purified and recrystallized Molly that goes for the same as a gram of weed, you'd be dead.

Than again without a test kit or at least a look at ecstacydata or pill reports any speculation could be harmful as you might not even have gotten MDMA.... Or even anything active and felt placebo. Why knows?

Edit: If it's not fake it's most likely 275 mg≈ so three of those would equal 865 mg≈ dosage. Does it make sense why you haven't recovered quickly? Maybe go tell a doctor you overdosed on MDMA and the dose I started as well as your pill press and color and they will help you if they have the resources. Good luck! Next time be more careful and start with one pill giving it at least two if not three hours due to some hard pressed pills that can delay the onset.

Edit: corrected typo in quotes

Last edited:
NL disease I died? what does that mean? so you're saying it it hasn't killed me yet then it's looking more hopeful? Like I said I went hospital had ecg's done and a blood test and chest x ray all said my heart was healthy but should I go off that even if my chest still really hurts? Have you had similar experiences or heard of similar experiences? I just want to know if it will get better!

Your best bet is to go to a doctor and tell them u took some mdma last week and that's when it started and they could probably tell u why it's happening I mean it can't hurt because they can't call the police or tell anyone so u should start there my guess is that u put way to much strain on your heart when u did that and that's the pain but idk about the shortness of breath is your heart also still beating fast can u give more details on your symptoms possible I can't think of what u have with so little info and saying doctors checked u out and your fine

Here maybe u can answer these to help

Do u feel bloated or have any swelling specifically in u legs or feet does your heartbeat fast or beat weirdly do u feel tired dizzy or have a lose of appetite or any coughing

Back in the day I suffered the same thing.......I ingested the real Mitsubishis, I took one & felt amazing, had a blast with my gf, then I took another one the following night (you're not supposed to take them in consecutive days), & on the come down of my 2nd day, I started to feel like yourself.

I went to the hospital & they ran all kinds of tests, EKG, etc.....nothing was found. My heart kept pounding fast off & on for several months, the slightest anxiety would trigger it.

Have you tried some Valium to see if you can control the symptoms? I wish I had some Valium back then, could have had it under control from the start.....for me at least, the anxiety kept the symptoms going.

Thankfully the symptoms subsided after several months, & in my mind, I thought I would be like that forever. Yes, it does make you think you're dying, or will die, but if doctors have checked you out, then IMO, its anxiety & anxiety along with you taking too much MDMA can mess you up, especially in your head, & then it feels like its going thru your body.

You will be Ok, you will need rest, eat healthy, & if you have a benzo, try it out.

I have had some mild chest pains after taking MDMA as well, also with cocaine and amphetamines. You took way too high a dose and your body is letting you know that its not good for you. Its probably not anything to worry about, will go away in time.

Cheers for the reply... wow OK... would you get the tight uncomfortable feel in your chest? and was it there all the time for months or come and go? and do you feel normal and healthy now?

Yeah iv'e had all the tests done and all indicate that my heart is fine but how i'm feeling now it seems far from the case!

No I haven't but I might check it out and give it a try?

I'm glad to hear you came out OK I just hope it'll be the same for me!

Anxiety and stress related to you worrying about the situation can easily make it worse.

You suffered from too much mdma and now your mind is locked on those feelings and causing anxiety and those attacks feel like a heart attack....so you need to go get some anxiety meds from a dr or naturally chill out...either way, thats why nothing is showing on the tests.

Go see a doctor or medical professional, tell them what you took or what you thought you took, and what symptoms you are now having. Stay safe.

Cheers for the reply... wow OK... would you get the tight uncomfortable feel in your chest? and was it there all the time for months or come and go? and do you feel normal and healthy now?

Yeah iv'e had all the tests done and all indicate that my heart is fine but how i'm feeling now it seems far from the case!

No I haven't but I might check it out and give it a try?

I'm glad to hear you came out OK I just hope it'll be the same for me!

Yeah, even after all my tests came back normal, & they stated I was in great health, I still suffered from anxiety attacks & my heart wouldn't stop beating fast at times for a few months off & on, eventually I came out of that state of mind & realized it was mostly anxiety from my mind........IMO, its all in your head from the overdose of MDMA......I went thru the same things as you're going thru, & I wouldn't want anyone to go thru it.

I really thought when I was going thru it that something was 100% wrong with my heart & my health. The mind can play so many dirty tricks on the rest of your body......I never tried MDMA again after that.

I didn't have any Valium or other benzo back then, in fact, I didn't know shit about benzos back then. I highly recommend if you can take one as prescribed & go from there.

What you need is to gave your mind & body relax, especially your mind.

Thanks for the advice it means a lot and yes it feels so horrible I and it's even more unnerving when the doctors and tests can't seem to think there's anything wrong with me when I feel the way I do! Just one more thing if you don't mind... do you remember having any breathing difficulties like it was harder to breath and you'd get out of breath quicker? And if so is that back to normal now? That's the main thing bothering me at the moment!

Mate I've taken more 12 lead ecgs in the course of my work than I could shake a shitty stick at....

If you 12 lead was fine and BP, O2 sats were normal I don't think you've got anything to worry about...

meaning you've had ecg's and blood tests done following chest pain from MDMA use and they've came back clear and you've been alright?

I have chest pain/dyspnea (painful breathing/inability to breath in all of the way) when I use stimulants such as cocaine/adderall/crystal meth. I guess that doesn't fully answer your question but the same kind of thing happens to me with these drugs.

CG17 or anyone else, I'm curious how you fared after it was all said and done? I googled and found your post as I was researching a similar incident myself.. This past NYE I took a tab at the club and experienced extreme tenseness in my chest, back, and mostly deep in my left armpit.. I really thought I was having a heart attack.. I went home to calm down and took an Ambien (my prescribed sleeping pill) and the pain went away within minutes.. The next morning the same symptoms returned.. Of course Like everyone says, once you feel that feeling you become scared, and it seems to get worse.. My girl takes Xanax for anxiety so I took 1/4 of the bar and the feelings went away again.. This went on for weeks so I Decided to go to the hospital and just like you all the test came back NEG. In fact I work out in the gym daily, run 3 miles 4 times a week.. The Doctors told me I'm completely healthy, better than most... But still 3 months later I get tension and the deep pain in my left armpit DAILY.. If I take a Xanax it goes away.. I'm still running daily, working out, STOPPED taking any drugs (other than the Ambien for sleep and Xanax to relieve the chest pains.. Did your problem continue or go away? I'm reading about Serotonin syndrome and other long term effects of MDMA etc.. Please let me know how your doing since your similar problem.. thanks..

Thanks for asking, CMRA, but OP hasn't been seen since August of 2016. Almost certainly dead now.

Really, few of us make it a full 18 months after joining; I myself have less than six months left.

No, I have no idea, I'll feel real bad if she has passed on to that big rave in the sky. She's probably just in prison or something.

Anyway, nothing personal against your asking, feel free to open a thread, or PM me if you're confused.

--> Archives