• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

May Getting/Staying Clean/Sober Thread v. LOVE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got off risperidone in February, and now I haven't had any panic attacks or other overtly bad mood states for over two months, and almost no drug/alcohol cravings either... My psychiatrist changed my antipsychotic medication to quetiapine after a blood test confirmed that I had very low testosterone levels because of the long term Risperdal use. Now I feel my hormone levels have normalized, and the "baseline" of my mood is now high enough that I don't feel a pressing need to improve it with any substances.

I got off risperidone in February, and now I haven't had any panic attacks or other overtly bad mood states for over two months, and almost no drug/alcohol cravings either... My psychiatrist changed my antipsychotic medication to quetiapine after a blood test confirmed that I had very low testosterone levels because of the long term Risperdal use. Now I feel my hormone levels have normalized, and the "baseline" of my mood is now high enough that I don't feel a pressing need to improve it with any substances.

This is good news I am happy for you <3 I'm on day 4 no 3-FPM x

Evey

Almost day 6 i wish the exhaustion would cease x I'm sooo tired necer slept so much in my life <3
Thank yoy, CH. That means a lot. How is everyone else going?

Evey

Good luck quitting stimulants, Evey! I have never tried amphetamine/meth myself, only ephedrine a couple of times and also methcathinone. Probably better that way.

My alcohol problem developed about 6 years ago, and I think my drinking might have begun as some kind of an attempt to "self-medicate" the anhedonia that the Risperdal and the associated hypogonadism was causing me. Now when I'm not taking risperidone anymore, I don't get any of those anxious feelings that made me want to get drunk or high. Of course I can never use alcohol safely anymore, because I have developed the abnormal way of reacting to it with a loss of control.

Good luck quitting stimulants, Evey! I have never tried amphetamine/meth myself, only ephedrine a couple of times and also methcathinone. Probably better that way.

My alcohol problem developed about 6 years ago, and I think my drinking might have begun as some kind of an attempt to "self-medicate" the anhedonia that the Risperdal and the associated hypogonadism was causing me. Now when I'm not taking risperidone anymore, I don't get any of those anxious feelings that made me want to get drunk or high. Of course I can never use alcohol safely anymore, because I have developed the abnormal way of reacting to it with a loss of control.

Good luck with it all Intruly mean that <3

Evey

Status
Not open for further replies.