• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

May Getting/Staying Clean/Sober Thread v. LOVE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was AMAZING, really clicked. Picked up a committment, and am looking forward to becoming a regular. It is gonna be so awesome once I have moved and am closer to their location (which is also where Against the Stream classes are held, which I also attend). All in all, I am very pleased that I showed up. So different from 12 Step groups, at least so far it is pretty much all the stuff I liked about NA/AA without any of the bullshit I didn't like. So I am quite happy ATM. You should see if there are any Refuge Recovery or Against the Stream meeting near where you are.

I've just done a blog I'm going to start blogging my rexivery so it wilk hopefully help others. I'm also going to SMART recovery on a Tuesdays.

Evey

Nice! Let us know how it goes. Mind posting a link to your blog here, or is it a BL blog (or if no to both of those questions, pm me)? I would be happy to read it, and I may do the same with my experience at Refugee.

Been forever guys, lots and lots of stuff has happened in real life but I just celebrated 2 years clean and sober. I was recently let go from my job so I should be more active.

Been forever guys, lots and lots of stuff has happened in real life but I just celebrated 2 years clean and sober. I was recently let go from my job so I should be more active.

Congrats brother, job well done! Keep up the outstanding work. I celebrated my two years in Februrary, and I am looking forward to the goal of celebrating my first year off methadone June 20th, 2017, a few months after my clean date from dope :)

11 months clean now ! Stay clean , stay strong all ! ;)

GL ALL

Congrats to you too, you are almost at the big year marker, which is AMAZING! Can't wait to congradulate you at year 1 :D

Does sobriety count if you're involuntarily unable to acquire drugs momentarily?

Actually I'm probably not completely unable to get drugs, but it would be very difficult in my present circumstances. For some context, in this period of time last year (May - September) I was sober. As soon as I got "back to civilization", though, I started using again. Sometimes I don't see any point in stopping, honestly...I've never gone to jail or the hospital because of my drug use (well, I did get arrested for possession about 6 years back, but that was for a marijuana-related offense, so...) and I've never gone broke. I also suffer from a chronic physical illness, and getting high helps take my mind off the constant anxiety, pain & physical discomfort related to that.

Part of it is a rationalization on my part but part of it is also a "thing" for me...I'm always going to be sick and no amount of talk therapy or CBT or AA/NA meetings is ever going to solve that particular problem for me. :\

I'm enjoying not being a slave to the constant "rat race" of dope, though...buying it, selling it, using it, having to cater the needs of other junkies & having to deal with their ridiculous behavior. 8) While I don't necessarily agree with the mentality, I can easily see why non-addicts look upon addict behavior with scorn.

I agreee, although taking a step back and observing your intentions would be a really valuable endevour <3

S.T.O.P.

1. Stop whatever it is you are doing.
  2. Take a breath. Breathe in, and feel your, feet on the ground, you back against the chair or your back laying on the earth.
  3. Observe what you are experiencing: your thoughts, your bodily sensations, and your emotions. Sounds simple, but this one is huge.
  4. Proceed with your original task armed with new insight and wisdom as to what is going on in your life.

^ Sometimes it is even good to set up alarm clock for reminding to do that. In army we had pretty similar stopper but it was about checking our surroundings in order to not fall in trap after being too confident of surroundings or just to remember that we are alive when we are in a hard place.

I changed it a bit to deal with drug cravings and similar civilian issues and it works pretty well for me when timed with an alarm clock.

---

Week without oxycodone. Yay :)

^ Sometimes it is even good to set up alarm clock for reminding to do that. In army we had pretty similar stopper but it was about checking our surroundings in order to not fall in trap after being too confident of surroundings or just to remember that we are alive when we are in a hard place.

I changed it a bit to deal with drug cravings and similar civilian issues and it works pretty well for me when timed with an alarm clock.

---

Week without oxycodone. Yay :)

Nice, I really like that idea. I have an Insight Meditation app that does just that, so clearly the idea is already out there ;)

I'm in detox, get out tomorrow.

Started recovery, praying did a couple Bible studies.

I haven't felt this calm practically ever.

I figure I can look back at the arrogant, boastful non-sense I've posted over the years and see the effects addiction had on inflating my ego to the size of buildings.

S.T.O.P.

1. Stop whatever it is you are doing.
  2. Take a breath. Breathe in, and feel your, feet on the ground, you back against the chair or your back laying on the earth.
  3. Observe what you are experiencing: your thoughts, your bodily sensations, and your emotions. Sounds simple, but this one is huge.
  4. Proceed with your original task armed with new insight and wisdom as to what is going on in your life.

That sounds deceptively simple but I'll give it a shot.

Hey Guys, I am back. After losing a major amount of money in February, a complex appendectomy and road bike accident in April you may understand how I relapsed on pain meds, and much more. I've been regretfully using Heroin, Oxycodone, Hydromorphone, clonazepam, diazepam, nitrazepam, alprazolam, tramadol, dextroaphetamine, weed, alcohol and cigarettes. Oh and Lyrica daily. Kicked all 4 days ago except for benzos as needed. I'm back fighting for a dream of a sober, and/or happier life. It's been rough. Using is SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!! The lifestyle is terrible. Hell. Today is the first day I am out of bed and a have a glimpse of hope and respite from the crushing withdrawal depression. RLS has been driving me crazy but better today. Still tapering Lyrica and not sure where I am at with benzos. I use almost daily. That will be my last problem to tackle as it requires time and patience.

Take your time, go slow because tapering these kinds of meds as you know can be dangerous. I hope you are working with a good doctor to manage your taper safely. Keep up the good work!

Status
Not open for further replies.