• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

May Getting/Staying Clean/Sober Thread v. LOVE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is great to hear Evey! Nice work! You are a welcome addition to the thread and the forum. Please stick around, we always need more good people such as yourself :)

And for right now, do not worry about making amends or anything. Just do you, just focus on self compassion and making yourself into the person you so very much want to be, a healthier you. You can worry about apologies and making amends once you have fully stabalized and gotten to a place in life you feel comfortable, safe and stable at.

And even if you slip up, please try not to beat yourself up about it What is most important is that you try and try again, always picking yourself up as soon as possible and getting back on a healthier track. Keep up the good work Evey, you will go far! <3

Best thing you can do for yourself is not beat yourself up. Second best thing is to not look too far ahead.

Be kind to yourself evey. Eventually even the largest boulder turns into sand.

Woah woah woah chef, where did you you get all philosophical and shit today from ;)

Coming up to 12 weeks clean off H, without any other aids.
:)
Still suffering with nerve pain, but its getting better.. real slowly.

If you are alive you feel pain. Existential and literal. It is in how you deal with that pain that will drive your recovery. I had to learn for myself that the baggage I have been carrying around was keeping me sick. I had to unburden myself from past abuses and mistreatment in order to understand that I am not defined by the bad things that happened to me, but the good things I can do.

You are on the right track Trip. How is the obsession coming? That is really the hardest thing for me even after a year and a half.

I got that song Dreaming by blondie stuck in my head.

When we begin practicing welcoming our emotions, thouhts and physical sensations, letting whatever come, and then go away, we shall know the meaning of the word "equanimity."

That is the best way to truly experience life though IMHO, although by poor I guess I assume you have the basic necessities, plus internet connection ;) Money may be important to a very real degree, but it really isn't everything. That much I have learned for myself.

@tripnotyzm
I also felt a lot of pain when I went through this and I believe it mostly because I wasn't used to feel pain for so long, I suppose the feeling was exacerbated. I'm not telling this is your case, I just believe this will get better with time and you'll get used to some of the normal pains we often have.
Anyways, congrats for the 12 weeks!!

Same here except I have no job.

I'm going to be so poor whenever I die.

Who cares about when you die...you need money now.
Can't take it with you.

Now that I am sober, I can doubly complain about this...

Will you believe a drunk driver hit my house?
there is like $,5,000 in damage.

I was at work when it happened

Who cares about when you die...you need money now.
Can't take it with you.

Now that I am sober, I can doubly complain about this...

Will you believe a drunk driver hit my house?
there is like $,5,000 in damage.

I was at work when it happened

damn, that really sucks

Day 1 tomorrow of no 3-FPM. I'm mlooking forward to this. 3-FPM has turned me into someone I really dislike n stood against. I'm glad I'll have no motr access to it. I want off. This dtuff seems to give me extreme mood swings where one minute I'm calm the next Feel really irritable. So I'll feeling excited about this. Bring it.

Evey

Pretty good, just about to meet up with my self compassion buddy from my Cultivating Self Compassion class at UCLA's Mindful Awareness Research Center, then I am going to check out a Refuge Recovery meeting to see what they are all about. We shall see. I will definitely report back on my findings tonight :)

Status
Not open for further replies.