• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Need some more help

Travel

Greenlighter
So it's been about 7 weeks I think since I had norco. I did a long taper before I stopped. About two weeks after my last norco I took a half of one which didn't even really help my pain that day. I did get a medical marijuana card. I am not a smoker so I am learning how to use edible gummies which work pretty well for me mostly. People I know that are recovering alcoholics say that I won't really get better unless I don't drink or use mmj. I would like to know what are your experiences? I never took more norco than prescribed and usually took less but did this for 14 years.

Thanks in advance
Travel

If you steered clear being on prescribed pain pills for 14 years and even managed to quit then I guess you can manage being on medical marijuana without that causing problems unless you have some underlying conditions that might escalate due mmj usage.

How do you feel during the days and has it been somehow worse after quitting norcos? Do you crave for those norcos? Do you drink alcohol and if you do have you started drinking more than you did while using norcos?

So I've been pondering a response to you all day, and unless there's a lot more to the story, I can't help but think that psychologically, you're not an addict. You've been taking norco as scripted during all the years, your physically addicted, but as you weren't abusing it you don't seem to have the mindset of an addict. As for medical mj, I don't see the issue with taking that in lieu of opiates to help alleviate pain. You seem responsible and are entitled to have a comfortable life. I think your friends may be a little of base when they say you won't get better taking mj. Better from what? If you don't have the mental component of addiction, you don't have to worry about getting mentally better. Again, I may way off as there may be additional info that I am not aware of, but based on your post, I don't think you should worry or feel bad about trying the mj for pain relief. I hope it works well for you!

Thank you so much for your answer. I'm sorry I couldn't reply sooner. I don't drink much, and sometimes I do crave the norco but it's more because the pain relief was better than anything I currently have available to me. I appreciate your help MrRoot.

travel

So I've been pondering a response to you all day, and unless there's a lot more to the story, I can't help but think that psychologically, you're not an addict. You've been taking norco as scripted during all the years, your physically addicted, but as you weren't abusing it you don't seem to have the mindset of an addict. As for medical mj, I don't see the issue with taking that in lieu of opiates to help alleviate pain. You seem responsible and are entitled to have a comfortable life. I think your friends may be a little of base when they say you won't get better taking mj. Better from what? If you don't have the mental component of addiction, you don't have to worry about getting mentally better. Again, I may way off as there may be additional info that I am not aware of, but based on your post, I don't think you should worry or feel bad about trying the mj for pain relief. I hope it works well for you!
Thank you very much for your reply. I appreciate your help very much. I think you are right.

travel