So worried

W

WorriedToDeath

Hello guys, first off i understand how stupid i am but I'm frightened to death, last week i met some people in town and went back to their place after a good 8-9 pints, iv never ever IV'd a drug in my life and thought that would be a good idea(At the time) and let one of them IV me with a needle that they just got out of a draw, the place wasn't a very nice place at all so I'm sure it was unclean, now im scared to death that i have Hep C and HIV(almost certain).

Can anyone who has been living with these diseases in their life offer me any support?

Iv been for the test and iv had a Hep shot of some sort and got a bloodtest but have to wait three more weeks to get the proper bloodtest.

I can't believe i let someone IV me with Heroin (First time ever doing the drug or IV'ing anything)

I feel like just hanging myself now as i don't want to go through a painfull life with those diseases, iv been sat in my room trying to keep my mind off things but the more i think about it i just want to give in and kill myself.

Ty Bluelight

The good thing is you went and got help and hopefully, that shot would have eradicated the virus (if it was present) It happened to me, all it took was one relapse with the wrong person. I did not find out until two years later. Like you, it was the most frightening news and was just paralyzed with fear. Recently, I joined a support group online and was surprised at how many people were in the same situation.

You don't know for sure if you have either virus yet. In the event that you do come up positive, I know you will deal with it and get treatment. Look at the steps you've already taken. In the meantime, take a deep breath and wait for the results. There are many brand-new medications on the market. I just finished a six month regimen (Sovaldi and Ribavirin) and I need more blood work to see if it's still detectable.

I'm glad you came to Bluelight and encourage you to register so you can have an account. I'm not sure where this should go, but will move to The Dark Side. Stay in touch and let us know how you're doing. Remember, you are not alone and sending you a hug!

Try not to obsess about it. You don't know one way other the other right now, and ruminating is just causing additional stress. You did the right thing by seeking medical intervention. The best thing you can do right now is distract yourself until you get the results, and then continue getting tested (personally, I would get a few more tests to make certain).

Fortunately medicine has come a long way with treatment for both of these diseases, so it's possible to live a long full life even if you did get one. Consider the situation - you said they got the needle from a drawer - was it still in its original packaging? I keep a box of diabetic needles in my kitchen drawer by the fridge because I have a diabetic kitty, and the box is too big to fit in the drawer but I like having the needles close to the insulin. Even if the rest of the house was disgusting, it's possible that the needle was clean.

I think the biggest take away from this experience is that you need to evaluate your life and current drug use. Why are you drinking so much that you are making poor decisions? Is there something wrong that you need to deal with? This isn't normal behavior, and it sounds like there are some issues you need to investigate. If at all possible, try to slow it down some. If you find yourself in the position to make another poor decision, try to think back to these moments and remember how you were feeling before acting on that choice. Please update this post if you can and let us know how you're doing. Good luck!