MAPS Why hasn't there been clinical studies on analogues of psicolin/psylocibin?

benzo_rabbit

Bluelighter
I know the obvious answer, they are relatively new. But they also have been proven to be very safe (long term). Due to the incredible ease of obtaining them, I wonder how close the difference is between people that have taken mushroom vs people that have taken an analogue of mushrooms.

But I could not even find animal studies (not to say there aren't), because there must be some LD 50 studies done on the Nbomes and if there hasn't been, then our governments are doing a terrible job of harm reduction. I live in a country where they do a fairly good job of it.

In order to keep psychedelics unscheduled (where they aren't already) we need to start writing to our politicians and asking the researchers to do the same. We need to change public perception and which would be very possible to do. There is legal marijuana in certain states. And they don't have the potential as therapies for PTSD, criminal residence, treatment of heroin users, end of life care, anxiety, autism and epilepsy, just to name a handful.

I briefly worked in big pharma. They would produce hundreds analogues of a "Hit" compound to get a lead compound. Do most of these chemicals never existed on earth before that day. It was so crazy that instead of doing Structure to Activity studies combinatoric chemisty become a fade where they would just make a 100 by 100 of different reagents and in hopes of finding a winner by attrition. Once animal studies and efficacy was complete, a drug could be on the market in less time than 2ct7 has been on the market. Researching the safety profiles of NPS' could safe lifes. No, it would.