• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Is kratom a good maintenance drug?

falsifiedhypothesi

Bluelight Crew
I'm in over my head. It's taken me a while to come to this sobering conclusion, an epiphany hit me hard a few days ago. With my best friend going away to the military and people around me advancing in life as I drain my bank on pills, my life is blank with opiates being the only color in my world.

I don't think I'm ready to outright quit so I want to try kratom as a maintenance drug, just a low dose to keep my urges away and maybe a little weekend excitement in place of harder opiates. Is this a good plan or is this just another step backwards into the clutch of opiates?

Depends, If you're looking for a high from it you won't get it on those "weekends". It just won't be there after lots of regular opiates. If you want to use it carefully to get off the opiate hook then yeah a taper with Kratom over time will likely make things easier. Many people seem to think so.

I have been using kratom for managing withdrawals and over all to just keep me from doing harder opiates, and it's been working pretty well.
I would give it a try - It's very cheap online and you'll save a lot of money.

Yes its possible with kratom. I would definitely trying and find a good site online that has good reviews and rep. It is a lot cheaper too but you have to wait a couple days. I was able to find it at local head shops but the stuff i bought online was way better.

I've ordered kratom plenty of times so I already have a reliable vender to go to. How long have you been using kratom for that purpose wowomg

I have been using it for 2 months - took a week off - then ended up back on it.
It helps me function normally which is pretty good.
I just hate having to toss all that nasty powder down my throat!
I refuse to use any extracts though just because I don't want to sky rocket my tolerance.

I do plan on getting off Kratom eventually but I recently purchased 2 kilos of it, so I'm going to use it for a little bit then taper off.

It worked for me to keep me off opi's. I quit kratom around may last year because the maintenance drug had become a drug of abuse. Was easier to quit than opiates by far and now I'm much happier. I think its much better than subs or done.