• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How to get over fear of injecting

Alien47

Bluelighter
I'm gonna start with please no lectures on don't Shoot up esspecialy sence u haven't done it yet just stay away cuz it will ruin your life I've heard it Idc I want to try it thank u for respecting that

Now what I want to know is how can I get over the fear of sticking a needle in my own body I want to try IV/IM but I can't do either because I can't stick the needle in me without pussing out

Again no lectures pls and thank you for the advice

fear of IV is a GOOD thing! don't start using needles, plugging can be an extremely effective ROA

Yeah, IM is nothing, IV a whole other story. I reiterate don't start, but if you are going to anyway, we might as well help you do it safely.

One thing though, fear of needles/injection is hard to overcome which will certainly affect your technique even if you get on with it. This could itself lead to complications.

first of all, it's a good fear to have, listen to it

Have someone do it for you

yes, this is probably the best way, it will also show you proper technique and if you are scared you may be too distracted to use proper techique and then you will fuck yourself up (I got a nearly tennis ball sized abscess literally doing everything right so yeah ...)

Yeah, IM is nothing, IV a whole other story. I reiterate don't start, but if you are going to anyway, we might as well help you do it safely.

One thing though, fear of needles/injection is hard to overcome which will certainly affect your technique even if you get on with it. This could itself lead to complications.

don't IM street drugs or pills, though, much more dangerous than IV'ing, it's asking for an abscess whereas your body can filter out a limited amount of stuff but still complications are less likely than IVing (although IVing pills in particular has long term consequences for the lungs among other things)

but fuck, don't inject dude, when a bunch of junkies are telling you not to do something it is best to listen

Yeah I was in the same boat... so I had someone do it for me. Once that happened enough times and said person was not around to inject me and I needed dope, its crazy how much you change your mind on that. I am still kinda iffy about seeing my own blood, so like giving blood can make me dizzy the thought of bleeding a lot, I am not afraid as much as the site and idea elicits a physical response that i cant stop. This was not the case with dope... watching my blood fill the syringe was the best part of my life where as before i would cringe at the idea.

I am left now with a general uncaring about normal injections of any type because i have stuck myself with a purpose plenty of times and literally knowing exactly when it would pierce the skin made it easier to tolerate those that are not done by myself. So even giving blood for samples etc is way easier now that i have a huge chunk of time dedicated to a needle prick.

But yeah i would 100% stay away... not the best part of my life not at all.

It's amazing how many people I've talked to who say that they're "turned off" by needles. Personally I have 0 fear of needles, I was able to hit myself straight outta the gate pretty much (although my first couple of times I was instructed how to do it by my dealer).

But it's good that you have a needle aversion because nothing really good results from IV drug use.

I know you said no lectures but it would be completely irresponsible for anu of us who have gone through IV addicfion to tell you otherwise - thats why you keep getting the same answer.

To echo most others - DONT! If you have a fear of needles that's a good thing. Once you open a can of worms, things generally go downhill very fast. It's been years since I got off the needle and i am still fixated and fanticise about it. I was also scared but that turned into a whole other addiction in itself along with the actual drugs. I had someone do it for me the first couple of times and wish I hadn't.

Being a harm reduction forum, nobody should really be encouraging this.

If you mean injecting yourself then you should be very careful because its kinda risky especially if you do not have any related experience about it. However, if you are just receiving injection , my advice to eliminate fear is to be relax and do not be looking at the needle.

LOL I always look when I'm getting blood drawn for medical procedures or IV placed or whatever. Call me masochist or needle fetishist or whatever. I also usually have to tell the nurses/phlebs which veins to use cause I have like maybe 2 anywhere on my upper body (other than the neck) that are worth a damn. Sometimes I get the urge to just shoot stuff up randomly, too. Even just sterile water or stuff that shouldn't be shot. I inject testosterone twice a week and get some sort of sick satisfaction out of that, too.

OP if you go down the road you will wind up at the destination. Again, don't start. Emphatically. Don't.