Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Phenylethylamine HCl and Hordenine HCl Combo. Discussion plus Experiences

ziggo

Bluelighter
I haven't seen any much new threads or any new information at all really of peoples first hand experiences with this combo, so I will oblige.

Also I take Phenibut DAILY. So that may very well effect the effects of this combo to a certain degree.

First experience: 2,000mg of Phenylethylamine HCl+ 2,000mg of Phenibut.
00:00- Taken.
00:20- First noticeable slight effects.
00:30- Mild chest flutters, rushing sensation, tactile sensations on fingertips/lips/hands increased, head rush.
00:35- All effects diminished greatly.
00:40- No more effects felt.

Second experience: 1,500mg of Phenylethylamine HCl+ 2,000mg of Phenibut+ 50mg of Hordenine HCl.
00:20- Placebo?
00:30- Slight effects maybe.
00:40- No effects at all, or barely recognizable.

Third experience: 2,000mg of Phenylethylamine HCl+ 2,000mg of Phenibut+ 100mg of Hordenine HCl.
00:30- Mild chest flutters, rushing sensation, tactile sensations on fingertips/lips/hands increased, head rush, mild euphoria, very slight discoloration of visual field on peripherals (purple and black hue.)
00:40- Effects still running strong.
00:50- Effects slowing down.
01:00- Back to baseline.

Fourth experience: 2,600mg of Phenylethylamine HCl+ 2,000mg of Phenibut+ 100mg of Hordenine HCl.
00:30- Mild chest flutters, rushing sensation, tactile sensations on fingertips/lips/hands increased, head rush, mild euphoria, tactile sensations on my dick increased yet after jacking off the orgasm wasn't as strong or intense as sober(sorry if you're looking for a replacement for sexual side effects as in Meth use.), very slight discoloration of visual field on peripherals (purple and black hue.)
00:45- Effects still running strong.
00:50- Effects slowing down.
01:00- Back to baseline.

Fifth experience: 3,000mg of Phenylethylamine HCl+ 2,000mg of Phenibut+ 150mg of Hordenine HCl.
00:30- Mild chest flutters, STRONG rushing sensation(similar to taking large hits smoking meth, or IV 0.05grams of meth), tactile sensations on fingertips/lips/hands increased, head rush, STRONG euphoria, very slight discoloration of visual field on peripherals (purple and black hue.)
00:35- I breath slowly and focus on calming my thoughts down.
00:45- Effects so intense I take a large gulp of 40% alcohol to calm myself down.
00:50- Effects still running strong.
01:10- Effects slowing down.
01:20- No more effects.

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_pea
substancecode_phenethylamines
substancecode_hordenine
substancecode_maois
substancecode_phenibut
substancecode_gabapentinoids
substancecode_gabaergics
_combo_
explevel_experienced
exptype_positive
roacode_oral

Last edited by a moderator:
Also I should note that I'm in excellent physical shape. I exercise (pull ups/biking/running/squats/etc) for 1-6 hours everyday.

If you're not in good physical shape, or do not have any alcohol/benzos on hand, I'd recommend not pushing the dosage on this combo. The rush can give anxiety, similar to IV meth.

I actually just learned about PEA literally today before I came onto your post. Talk about mindsync. Anyways, I don't have any experience as of yet. But I'd just like to bring up for harm reduction to be safe mixing PEA with inhibiting mao-B. I'd suggest not going higher than the dose you're at right now especially sense you are having good effects at the last dose. But good idea on keeping the benzo, but I suggest ditching the alcohol for this.

From the newest studies I've seen, people think Hordenine isn't actually a MAO-B inhibitor. They think it just keeps a certain thing busy enough to slow down PEA getting "processed" as fast as normal, in laymen terms. Need more input on that though, I'm not certain.

Also the very slight discoloration of visual field on my peripherals, only lasted for about 30seconds each time. I'd guess it has something to do with blood pressure increase. As it looked kinda similar to tunnel vision.

@jackington: Phenibut isn't a benzo by the way.

Interesting. Personally I took 1 gram of PEA once without anything and felt a significant rush and euphoria for about 15 minutes. After that i was left with uncomfortable residual stimulation. Ever since then, PEA seems to provide far too much stimulation so I gave up on it.

I have read of people combining MUCH smaller doses of PEA with selegiline (an irreversible MAO-B inhibitor) with good and lasting results, and some concerning symptoms even at much less. Granted, selegiline is not hordenine, but I suggest being careful.

Never tried selegiline, but also I do have a bit of a tolerance to amphetamines so that may influence the effects to dose ratio in the OP.

Hordenine is readily metabolized in your guts by MAO and virtually inactive orally.

beta-PEA is only mildly active (I have tried it), with rather short duration. Gave me a warm loved up feeling centered around the solar plexus..

Parenteral hordenine sounds particularly unpleasant by the way, and unsafe at high dosages. Seems like bullshit to me that this is sold as an oral supplement.

I don't know that it's enough of a MAO inhibitor, sure it's a substrate for MAO-B and that might delay metabolism of the PEA a bit. Selegiline seems much much stronger as MAOI.
So yeah I think you're right about your suspicions: hordenine would primarily be a competitive inhibitor - as you say merely by keeping MAO-B busy. Potentiation may be rather limited, but total duration may be a bit longer maybe. In fact your duration of effects reported do not sound short.

I guess PEA was interesting to me to try, but I don't really see how it's useful. Thanks for sharing your experiences though. :)

Last edited: