• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Methadone Withdraw and hydrocodone question

Mike0190

Greenlighter
Hey everyone, so I am an ex heroin user, I have been on methadone 100mg for about a year and a half now and it really saved my life. I am planning on starting to slowly ween off of it pretty soon. The clinic I go to has me only coming once a month since I haven't failed any drug tests but this month has been awful. My home got broken into and my methadone was stolen, the clinic won't replace it and I know I'm probably only hours away from hitting a pretty nasty withdrawal. I refuse to do heroin again but I also don't want to withdrawal right now, I have too many things on my plate to deal with withdrawals right now. The only other thing I have access to is the 10/325mg yellow hydrocodone (norco). How many of these do you think it would take to keep the withdrawal at bay per day until I go back to the clinic for my next months supply in 8 days? Thanks so much for any help!

Last edited:
Hey Mike, sorry to hear that this bullshit has befallen you. Clinic's are notoroiously non-understanding of scenarios such as this. The good news is that you're only 8 days away until you get your new prescription. The unfortunate thing is that it's going to be hard to find relief if all you have is hydrocodone at your disposal. It's hard to say how much it will take to provide you with relief, but I would say at least 30mg at a time and potentially 50mg even... Unless you have a large supply, then this probably isn't feasible.

If you find yourself in dire straits, you can always go for Loperamide (Immodium). I used to get weekly Methadone carries and would find myself out early for one reason or another each week and high-dose Loperamide would be the only way for me to function normally. Costco is a great place to get it for the price. Mods, forgive me if this still crosses the line regarding sourcing.

How much hydrocodone do you have access to?

Well I actually do have access to a pretty good amount. A very close friend of mine has pretty steady inflow of them for undisclosed reasons lol but we've already established he'd be willing to help me out. And he knows I'll make it up to him wether it be with cash or whatever. I'm just afraid of it requiring 100+ mgs a day or something which i know probably isn't the case. The only reference point I have is way back when I was on heroin I know that one time I was in a pretty bad withdraw and I took like 10 Tylenol 3's and it had no effect. And I know those are much weaker I'm just afraid thinking it's going to be like that with the hydrocodone

If you are going to use the hydrocodone you better be planning on a CWE or your liver will suffer. I assume you'll have to take more than a few.

^Good point... CWE is gonna be almost certainly required. It's become second nature to me at this point as I have to completely cut out most NSAID's due to liver problems.

I've never done CWE and honestly I'm
Really not sure how to. But before my heroin addiction I took hydrocodone/oxy/opana so my liver probably already doesn't care for me to much, but I figure it's only for another 8 days and I'm not trying to get high.. Just not be sick.. And they are th 325 acetametaphin so at least they are the best possible ones I could take

Could either of you point me towards somewhere where I could get a detailed description on exactly how it's done?

Im completely open to doing the CWE and I know what it is but have no idea on where to begin in actually performing it

The max dose of tylanol per day is 4000mg dont exede that, your only using for 8 days i wouldnt go through all that to cwe them.to get off methadone i would go back on heroin if it was me i couldnt deal with a month long withdrawl, id rather 3-5 days of hell

Yeah I know what you mean.. But I get my next month of methadone in 8 days from today. The 10th is when I go back. And as to the heroin.. I know that is a much easier withdrawal but I'm not planning on a full withdraw I just need to survive till I go back and then I'm planning on coming off the methadone in a month or two going down very very slowly so I don't feel it much. And I know if I get H for these 8 days I'm gunna wana keep doing it.. And also I'm sure my veins have healed over the last 2 years but as of when I quit I had nothing and I just don't need that in my life right now. I've been doing very very well on the methadone. Feeling like a functioning member of society for the first time in a long time

Well I understand that the "someone stole my meds" is one of the oldest ones in the book probably but that doesn't mean it doesn't happen! I know your clinic doesn't sound too understanding but try again leaving a message to speak with the Doctor directly especially if they know your history and can test you or if you can provide a police report. Some ER doctors can be compassionate too and they can check levels of drugs to verify your story or maybe admit you to a facility for medication maintenance for the week. It's best to exhaust all legal, honest routes first before self medicating because doctors are not so forgiving where that's concerned. Even try your family doctor or an urgent care. If they don't prescribe your usual drug they can at least give you something similar or prescription strength meds for wd symptoms.

I would split your hydrocodons into 2 doses per day since it's not long acting like done.you will still feel shitty but u just want to survive..I would stick to 50 mg in morning and 50 mg in evening..I know that sounds low but enless u are getting them for free they will start to get pricey..if u have unlimited i would cwe 150mg and split it into 2 doses..try to go as long as u can in morning then take your dose and then an hour before sleep so u can get some rest..just my 2cents..good luck here's a link for simple cold w.e %)

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/272847-COLD-WATER-EXTRACTION-made-simple(r)

Last edited:
I would split your hydrocodons into 2 doses per day since it's not long acting like done.you will still feel shitty but u just want to survive..I would stick to 50 mg in morning and 50 mg in evening..I know that sounds low but enless u are getting them for free they will start to get pricey..if u have unlimited i would cwe 150mg and split it into 2 doses..try to go as long as u can in morning then take your dose and then an hour before sleep so u can get some rest..just my 2cents..good luck here's a link for simple cold w.e %)

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/272847-COLD-WATER-EXTRACTION-made-simple(r)

splitting it up sounds like a good idea. your withdrawal probably won't start to get bad for a few days at least since methadone has a long half life. CWE is pretty easy you shouldn't have much trouble with it - I go to a methadone clinic too so I know how much they can suck sometimes - 8 days will be over in no time! good luck and keep us updated!

It won't help

Methadone is so strong .... Norco won't help wds .... U have to have more methadone. Its not the same. U will feel worse if u take hydrocdone. Its not strong enough to help methadone withdrawal