• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants peripheral neuropathy?please help!

opiatesmytruelove

Greenlighter
I hope I posted this in the right place.forgive me,im new here,and I've searched the forums for a scenario like mine for advice and haven't found one.please help me.desperate!
I've given a history timeline here to help for advice if you don't want to read it all read problem below please!
Swim is a 24 yr old female whose been addicted to opiates since about 19.started with pills then progressed to heroin.always snorted.decided to "get clean" and got prescribed zubsolv 1.5 yrs ago (like suboxone) decided didn't want to be on zubs forever so detoxed at home.
4/13/16 and started kratom to help the withdrawal. To aid in the depression and anxiety, swim used meth.(used meth prev. in past month,always slept every night and stayed nourished)It helped wonderfully. No bad side effects just No sleep for about 3 days,as expected,due to wd and meth use.(4th day forced sleep w melatonin,benzo)
On 4/19 swim had uti symptoms,went to dr and gave urine/blood (frequently gets utis)
On 4/20 swim had an appt for laser tattoo removal on hip.since detox was over and swim felt ok and was told the pain was just like a tat,she went ahead with the appt and experienced debilitating excruciating, burning pain,which stopped the next day.After this, swim took break from meth.swim felt fine.
Swims dr said On 4/21 urine showed infection and blood showed low potassium.gave cipro.

Since this past sunday, swim has had horrible muscle weakness especially in legs. Numbness in toes where toe can't be felt at all.severe cold chills for no reason with goosebumps all over body. Tired but can only sleep 5 hours at a time.arrythmia,heart palpitations,legs feel sore,just not feeling good at all. Went to ER On 4/25 due to dr saying blood had low potassium,assumed the prob was this.potassium was 3.4 (prev 3.1) was given 2 potassium pills and sent home.
Is this nerve damage?I've read it could be caused by cipro or meth use but meth use has only been a factor since March.
Swim has tried to use meth to help with pain and swim feels worse! Maybe it is over stimulated nervous system? Did swim just put her body through too much lately?please help any advice or experiences are much appreciated

Also, swim is still using kratom.this is not withdrawal of opiates swim is very familiar with that.swim finished antibiotics on 4/26 yet the hospital said infection was still present and to follow up with pcp. Swim has never had these symptoms before w prev utis

Please, do not use swim here. We know it's you. Other Bluelighters will help. Use the search engine to find out more. Nuropithy is serious. See a doctor.

I tried to find other posts. Pcp is on vaca need referral for neurologist. Was looking for advice for relief.I said I'm new thank u tho

Eat plenty and try to find an electrolyte supplement (sodium and potassium). You can also find some potassium in bananas. An electrolyte deficiency could explain your neuropathy. Stay hydrated but don't drink too much.

Consider an ER if things don't improve. There might be an underlying renal issue or something responsible for your electrolyte imbalance.

thanks for your reply. ive tried ER ive been there twice. they say they dont have the testing for neurotoxicity. i got a ref from pcp to see a neurologist but the appt is so far away and this is just getting worse.
i think its some kind of toxicity,possible from cipro but i have more symptoms than that. im miserable :(

First, your heart was checked and ok, particularly conductance issues?

Second, yes cipro can cause neuropathy, so I have no idea why they dismissed that. Add in meth and Kratom and who knows what type of stuff would occur.