• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe The effect of THC on Buprenorphine.

Having this combo now after some meth yesterday at 7am, which makes it even fuckin better, I added 2mg of xanax and 35mg of Valium though. I Iv'ed the Sub, and I actually feel an opiate buzz(the day I did crystal I didn't take any sub at all, the day before that IV so some has gotten outta my system quicker cuz of the IV half-life two days then none then this, anyway there are tricks to catching a buzz on Subs(not saying IV unless you do already or are just dead set on it like I was...) but skipping doses or taking micro doses via using nasal/alchohol methad. Anyway feeling good, my muscles no longer feel stiff cuz of the Vals.
With the exeption of Phenibut. With me I have no cravings for other drugs and no anxiety. Gabapentin is good with Subs, benzo's and weed if you have a tolerance with bothe and know your limits..

I agree with the recreational part, but I hope youre using.a micron filter, iv complications arise quickly with sub.

I snort 1 mg,.and catch a good wave almost immediately. i have to tilt my head back and forth so the water doesmt drip down my throat, or out my nose, and while there is no denying it gets me high, it now is turning into addictive behavior, i used to take it once a day, now im snorting it every 4-6 hours, trying to get high. This is almost the anti-purpose of this drug, unless youre on it for pain management, so this thread is more geared toward that, than addiction therapy.

- hopeless soul

I take my sublingual sub every 6 hours prescribed yet find withdrawals return in four hours for me even if they take longer to get severe while my pain returns at six hours. I highly believe the activity of bupe that it is prescribed for is much shorter than its half life. At least your dose is low where at 12 mg a day I get no difference in pain relief vs. lower doses just severity of withdrawal relief and symptoms where it's never enough relief, but easily gets worse. Again without cannabis I get very real withdrawal symptoms that disappear as soon as I medicate as well as my right legs sciatic pain creeps in never going away ranging from 4 at best to 8-9 at worst.

Right now my low back would be 5 while my right leg is around 6 and fortunately no pain past 3 in my shoulder, but some tension, discomfort, and feeling of the scapula not lining up with the muscles right and causing severe irritation. If I could just fucking smoke I could sleep tonight and hopefully be able to get up tomorrow as I was unable today and get myself to the doctors office to try to find help, but even if I go I no that I will get no results or support and only suggestions to go to urgent care or ER, which in the end sends me back to my PCP without doing a thing even if I express intentions to end my life as what happened when I tried getting hit by a car were if I wasn't the weakling in fear I would've stepped in front of the bus rather than walk through the street in a green light hoping to get hit only to make it to the middle divider and then get hit in the fast lane by an SUV going 30-40 sideswiping me from my right, landing on the windshield apparently cracking it, and finally breaking down after trying to get up and continue walking looking for somewhere to jump as I was still alive only to stop when everyone jumped out of the car and pretty much stopped me from leaving..... It's fucked up random people I don't even know cared about me enough to stop me from walking off to make another suicide attempt when a hospital that has held me before on suicide psych hold that was made up BS by my parents at the time yet as that point was beyond real yet was laughed at like a joke leaving their. I wish I could just forget the neglect, but I can't because no matter the effort I make I'm still never getting better only worse in the long run. After 5 years of struggling to find real medical care after 19 years of medical neglect due to my parents selfishness with not wanting to pay for drugs vand bias against drugs in general saying everything is bad and at most tylonal, high blood pressure meds, and whatnot should be the only thing used.

Don't worry for me, but I don't know how long I'll keep pushing through living with it. If I decide to go and go than I hope that others can accept it and allow the peace sought and accept it as just another entrance to eternal slumber and peace rather than never finding rest living on as sadness and pain in life. I've enjoyed enough at this point and learned as much as I care to and while I would love to do many things in life I'm also ready to enter eternal dreamless sleep... I don't care to continue watching the world develop as it is not going to change to what I hope to see especially in my lifetime, but of course would be happy and motivated to continue if I did see the development I hope.

Anyways I'm done derailing this thread. Just making some things clear.

^ wow, given the long half life,.how can you go.into wd that fast?

And I like this saying when im down,."God gives his toughest tests, to his strongest soldiers."

You should file a grievance with those establishments, for the rude malpractice! And dont worry about it, you can derail my thread anytime you need to! Lol feel free to post your thoughts on this thread anytime! Have you ever used sub intanasally?

- hopeless

Taco - did you read the link I posted earlier? I have to dose every few hours as well. I couldn't ever work out why I was still waking up in agony even at 32mg until i discovered that some of us just metabolise opiates and opiods differently. I cop SO much crap for my dose, get treated like an idiot even.

^ The thread may get off topic at times, which I'm sure annoys some mods, but I think it's helping some folks, and it seems some people are enjoying it,.I know I am!

- Hopeless

I just remembered after posting on another thread, I have in fact injected Benzos (I said earlier in the thread i hadnt!). We are going back nearly 20 years though lol when temazepam still came in those oily little footballs (liquid.). There was an art to it and it was very dangerous (they removed them as people were losing limbs/Getting gangrene etc and replaced them with the powdery pills we have today.). I've never injected any other pill (to my current knowledge lol.). Dunno; just wanted to clear that up ha.

You should file a grievance with those establishments, for the rude malpractice!
Ha! What a waste of time. I feel like complaining to the DEA and FDA because this inappropriate behavior is excessively bad here. I'm only one of many in my area not getting help because the doctors are afraid to provide meds and in response lose their license or worse overdose and end up charged with manslaughter even if the choice of medication was responsible and the overdose a freak accident.

I'm going to try spitting out my subs after letting it absorb rather than swallow it as I've heard many say they relief from nalaxone side effects this way, but so far all I notice is less relief if any. Fuck I wish I had a bowl to wake up to rather than hope all day that someone will pull through later and help me smoke. One friend who used to help me before his phone cut off earlier this month texted me last night that they will pull through and if that happens I'm likely to get help with something to get through the weekend.

Edit: no I didn't follow the link, but I've seen others stating the analgesic effect is much shorter than the withdrawal relief (supposedly) around 6-8 hours like most meds, which isn't that often as most NSAIDS are doses in the same intervals.

Also thread derailing is only a problem if the OP and others in the threads have issues or that it generally creates conflict. When it's healthy conversation as you pointed out it's actually preferred.

^ Omg,.AE,.I totally forgot about those liquid temazepam's! Trip down memory lane lol,.a really foggy, hazy trip lol

- Hopeless

^ @ Taco, youre right, it would be a waste of time! The whole medical/drug scene is so messed up now a days! Its just out of hand, patients not recieving the proper care, doctors being persecuted by the dea, regulations, profits.. its a sick joke! Meanwhile, theres people like you who are suffering, while they continue the bullshit! And man,.I really do hope you get that herb today! Sounds like you need it, and youve been waiting patiently for days! Ever think about tossing a few seeds in the soil?

- Hopeless

I will say- Cannabinoid receptors and opiate receptors are both G-protein receptors and they can colocalize and dimerize - meaning one half is the cannabinoid receptor dimer and the other half is the Opiate receptor dimer. This means that perhaps you filled some of the opiate receptors on your cell that dimerized with some of the cannabinooid receptors on your cell. Leaving bupe to "feel" stronger because there is less empty opiate receptors.

Im gonna guess you don't smoke constantly. That bupe is strong stuff and counterintuitively- the lower the dose, the better

"SCIENCE!" - joey coco diaz

Last edited:
been on bupe for years; started out at 16MG and down to 4MG; the MG's really dont seem to matter when it comes to THC. anytime I smoke a bowl, blunt, whatever w/ a few friends, I Find myself drifting off a bit. not something that I am happy about or safe to do during the day time or if a drive is planned ahead. sure, if it is getting a bit late and I am ready for bed, why not, right? surly better than taking a xanax or another type of sleeping pill but that seems to be how THC and BUPE work for me when mixed; kinda puts me in a daze/haze and off to bed I go if its the right time/right place.

there have been times I have taken my 8MG bupe in the AM and smoked a blunt w/ friends come 2PM; around that time I will be in a chair, or sitting somewhere, and get a "nod" type effect. right away friends tend to think I have slipped up a bit and used dope earlier in the AM which is why I am now nodding. this is NOT THE CASE and always have to tell them. by now, they are fully aware the the weed fucks me up MORE than dope once did, lol. which is why, again, is best used, for me, before bed time. one hell of a sleeping AID and also helps w/ the anxiety a bit. its part of the reason why my Suboxone Dr. now lets me smoke weed and "fail" those drug tests because he feels its better than scripting me the Xanax he once did. the Xanax were used for sleep/anxiety before bed.

I also take GABA which may be part of the reason so I thought I'd mention it; I take 1600/MG in the AM. this is used for anti-seizure.

aside from that, we are all clean and clear. nowadays I take about 4MG/bupe when possible rather than the 8MG I took for quite some time.

anyone else get this same feeling w/ the THC/BUPE combined? just BED TIME/NOD!? hate doing it in public because you can tell my eyes are lit up.

Hmm, well aside from the fact im a 38 year old married mother of 5 and was a business owner at the time, im far from a 'kid ;) ' and on this thread, both of us who have said we did that have agreed how pointless it is and well aware at the time as well, it was just something I did throughout the day after taking my large oral doses. And if you take the time to read my post as I am the one who brought that up, it has ZERO to do with being 'hardcore' lol lol. Being 'hardcore' is not something I wish to be and my relapse was hell. I was taking a shit load of Benzos and opiates while suffering severe mental illness (including PTSD after nearly losing my baby daughter) the great majority orally. Have no desire to be hardcore anything except hardcore in recovery and a hardcore kick ass mother and member of society ;).

that comment was not directed toward you so there's no need to take offense. it was just a comment about snorting benzos in general. hey I feel you w/ doing the pointless shit just because of the addict fixation -- I IV my zubsolv even though I've literally never felt even the slightest thing from it, I just have a needle fix. this is a huge thing that keeps me from going back to heroin/pills. you gotta do what you gotta do to make through each day.

Having this combo now after some meth yesterday at 7am, which makes it even fuckin better, I added 2mg of xanax and 35mg of Valium though. I Iv'ed the Sub, and I actually feel an opiate buzz(the day I did crystal I didn't take any sub at all, the day before that IV so some has gotten outta my system quicker cuz of the IV half-life two days then none then this, anyway there are tricks to catching a buzz on Subs(not saying IV unless you do already or are just dead set on it like I was...) but skipping doses or taking micro doses via using nasal/alchohol methad. Anyway feeling good, my muscles no longer feel stiff cuz of the Vals.
With the exeption of Phenibut. With me I have no cravings for other drugs and no anxiety. Gabapentin is good with Subs, benzo's and weed if you have a tolerance with bothe and know your limits..

hah that's funny. I'm prescribed gabapentin, 600mg 3x a day and I IV an 8.6mg zubsolv every day and I WISH I felt even the slightest damn thing from it. so I would say maybe gabapentin and subs are better if you DON'T have much tolerance. cause w/ my tolerance I don't feel anything at all ...except slightly less anxious from the gabapentin.

hah that's funny. I'm prescribed gabapentin, 600mg 3x a day and I IV an 8.6mg zubsolv every day and I WISH I felt even the slightest damn thing from it. so I would say maybe gabapentin and subs are better if you DON'T have much tolerance. cause w/ my tolerance I don't feel anything at all ...except slightly less anxious from the gabapentin.
you IV your GABA? or am I reading that wrong and you only IV the zubsolv? if you IV your GABA that is a big mistake; I understand being addicted to the needle and all; I was once IV'ing Seroquel before bed - lol. but the GABA would be a waste in many ways, esp. if you are doing the 600MG pills and busting those open in a needle for each shot, which is 3 shots a day. also, if you are looking for any type of high, you are betting off taking all 3 600MG pills in the AM; which is what I do. I am scripted 1800MG/day and take all 3 pills in the AM; all orally and seem to work the best. piece of advice? let a day or two go by where you take your lowest dose - only 600MG in the AM; then on day 3 take those extra 2400MG you did not take the prior 2 days and add it on to the 1800MG; then you take the full dosage in the AM and you will actually feel a bit more lively; its something I do once in a while but usually max out around 3200MG. I've read somewhere anything above 3200MG seems to be a waste and have always stuck w/ that but there are surly days I will get a much better "feel" form taking the 3200MG that day as opposed to the 1800MG I am typically scripted.

give it a shot; let me know if you get a good feel or what!?

He isn't inject neurotin you read that wrong.

To hopeless I would attempt throwing seeds in soil, but seriously 6-12 months of heavy labor finding a hidden spot, find a good seed, feed the plant right, and even after all that at most I'll get a month's worth from a plant that I won't even want to smoke due to the low quality. Not worth it...

I will say- Cannabinoid receptors and opiate receptors are both G-protein receptors and they can colocalize and dimerize - meaning one half is the cannabinoid receptor dimer and the other half is the Opiate receptor dimer. This means that perhaps you filled some of the opiate receptors on your cell that dimerized with some of the cannabinooid receptors on your cell. Living bupe to "feel" stronger because there is less empty opiate receptors.

Im gonna guess you don't smoke constantly. That bupe is strong stuff and counterintuitively- the lower the dose, the better

"SCIENCE!" - joey coco diaz

To be fair to the OP, I will point out that this is the best answer on here thus far

@ Mike Vick, thanks for the informative post! That's exactly the type of talk I was hoping for when I started the thread!

@ IMtrying, yes! The first time I smoked while on bup', I caught a nod almost instantaneously, hence I ran to BL to start a thread about it, to investigate further and maybe help others. Thanks for sharing your experience!

@ Taco, well growing a whole field takes some effort, but a few plants for personal use, isnt too much work. Water here and there, adjust your lighting, if indoors, a little bit of trimming, other than that, it basically grows itself.

- Hopeless Soul