• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

What is wrong with the MDMA available today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, it seems to me that we are inching closer to an academic premise for publishing research. "What percentage of MDMA samples contain other substances with an identical molar mass that are indistinguishable on traditional GC/MS testing?"

I wish anyone here on the forum had connections to a university where we could proceed in a legitimate way with this research.

Also, the info that F.U.B.A.R. posted lines up with why people are consuming higher and higher doses.

Glubra, is there anyway you could send these results to ecstasydata? Perhaps we could push them to alter their approach if they understood that this is a documented impurity that may be occurring in more samples.

To flip this whole thread on its head...is it possible that the more enjoyable/pleasurable product is not even MDMA? I know that sounds nuts, but if there are analogs that have the same molar mass that are also active...who knows? It seems some people have experienced this specific higher energy, higher sexuality, euphoric vibe and some people have not.

I'm totally questioning reality at this point. LOL.

F.U.B.A.R. if you get a chance, read the PIKHAL entry too. Shulgin specifically states that although it has many similar physical qualities, that MDPH totally lacks the magic of MDMA.

Really??.. Mexico has put out good product before. The famous Pokeballs of SoCal that reigned supreme from late 2000's to early 2010's were coming out of Mexico.

It being of Mexican origin also further solidifies it being made from safrole as that is likely going to be the precursor of choice for them. (For a few reasons which I can state if anyone's curious..)

Also the I could see them using older synthesis routes too for a number of reasons, Leuckart potentially being one of those.

The only downside of products from Mexico is just like the other drugs they sell, once they corner the market they'll drop the quality hardcore... Good thing though that they'll never be able to, which may force them to always keep the quality high.

With all that said, Mexican MDMA is a rarity (at least currently, that could change) so it'll be interesting to hear how it all turns out.

-GC

Pokeballs are still my best roll ever. The white thundercats reeked like root beer. fuckin a, i miss pokeballs

So much to respond to.. But for now.

@Indigo- It's possible but unlikely. My guess is that any past MDMA that felt better was down to impurities and not another substance completely..

@Glubra- Thank you for testing that. It seems Marquis can tell. What I've learned is that lots of bad MDMA goes straight black but doesn't always mean straight to black is bad. Really appreciate your hard work as always!

@tripnface- Yup I remember those days.. Back then Piperazines ruled and it was hard to find quality product. The only two places seemingly on planet earth that could still get good MDMA at that time was Cali and the Midwest.

You guys had Pokeballs, whereas we had the chitown MintMan. Best ecstasy pills I've ever done as well. Mints were better tho ;). I remember people saying the mints had the old school 90's feel to them too.

Both the mints and pokes were examples of high quality MDMA presses. 90-100mg, the pokes had a lil caffeine too.. That's all it takes of good shit.

I watched a guy drop two "pink equals" mints one time cuz all other MDMA he needed large doses. Dude is a big guy and got his ass absolutely handed to him on the come up. Every time I took a mint it was the perfect roll on one plus a half.

The mints were legendary too in that they were almost impossible to replicate. They weighed 120-130mg with 90-100mg MDXX, they had such a minimal amount of filler that towards the end they looked like mdma crystal pressed into a tablet. All copycats would fall apart just by looking at them.

Good good times.. We sat pretty while the rest of the world fought over scraps. All the safrole in Asia may have been nuked in 2007 but we always got sassy growing in the southeast USA :)

-GC

Just read through the last 2 pages to catch up. I think the main issue here, same with the ~26 compounds that glub posted a while back, underivitized GCMS is apparently a thing of the past. Why base theories on this if most if not all GCMS is derivitized and would pick these compounds up? Just trying to be scientific here.

Conciceptor its good to hear yet another person finding these same issues, do you still have access to the superior product from your "supplier"? The only way to COMPLETELY remove any doubt that its not loss of magic/nostalgia/"back in the day" is to also acquire product now that gives the desired effects for a truly accurate comparison.

Glubra, what do you mean by @22C?

Hilopsilo, I don't think Chonciceptor has any of the superior product left. He said that the supplier disappeared. I agree though, what we really need is an accurate lab test result of a product that produces the desired effects. I don't think "loss of magic" works with Chonciceptor's story though, because his wife was a virgin user. It seems highly unlikely to me that she would feel the same differences in product if it was a "loss of magic" issue at play.

Also, Hilopsilo, your test results show a clear difference in magic vs. non-magic products, experienced by the same user(s) within the same timeframe. Your results are tremendously beneficial to this whole conversation.

Chonciceptor, I will put this out there too. If you do have ANY of the superior product laying around, or you get in touch with the supplier again, I will pay for a test at Energy Control. All you have to do is drop it in the mail. That would be a very valuable piece to this puzzle.

...underivitized GCMS is apparently a thing of the past. Why base theories on this if most if not all GCMS is derivitized and would pick these compounds up? Just trying to be scientific here.
You are right of course IF all GC/MS is derivatized and it is done with the right solvent that will form distinguishable derivatives. I am just not sure it is always the case...especially with labs that try to minimize their operating costs.

You are right of course IF all GC/MS is derivatized and it is done with the right solvent that will form distinguishable derivatives. I am just not sure it is always the case...especially with labs that try to minimize their operating costs.

It doesn't even need to be all, it just needs to be some or a few to start seeing some weird stuff. Out of the thousands of samples sent in to labs all over the world, I can only imagine some of the testing is derivatized and would pick it up. I guess an easy way to find out would be to send them an email asking them to clarify their testing processes.

So much to respond to.. But for now.

@Indigo- It's possible but unlikely. My guess is that any past MDMA that felt better was down to impurities and not another substance completely..

@Glubra- Thank you for testing that. It seems Marquis can tell. What I've learned is that lots of bad MDMA goes straight black but doesn't always mean straight to black is bad. Really appreciate your hard work as always!

@tripnface- Yup I remember those days.. Back then Piperazines ruled and it was hard to find quality product. The only two places seemingly on planet earth that could still get good MDMA at that time was Cali and the Midwest.

You guys had Pokeballs, whereas we had the chitown MintMan. Best ecstasy pills I've ever done as well. Mints were better tho ;). I remember people saying the mints had the old school 90's feel to them too.

Both the mints and pokes were examples of high quality MDMA presses. 90-100mg, the pokes had a lil caffeine too.. That's all it takes of good shit.

I watched a guy drop two "pink equals" mints one time cuz all other MDMA he needed large doses. Dude is a big guy and got his ass absolutely handed to him on the come up. Every time I took a mint it was the perfect roll on one plus a half.

The mints were legendary too in that they were almost impossible to replicate. They weighed 120-130mg with 90-100mg MDXX, they had such a minimal amount of filler that towards the end they looked like mdma crystal pressed into a tablet. All copycats would fall apart just by looking at them.

Good good times.. We sat pretty while the rest of the world fought over scraps. All the safrole in Asia may have been nuked in 2007 but we always got sassy growing in the southeast USA :)

-GC

broooo i havent heard about mints in so long!!

sadly never got to try a single one, so much hype over the years. damn

Has anyone heard of a testing kit from testkitplus that tests the purity of the MDMA sample? Just read about it. Do you think it would be worth buying?

^^Ive heard of em and I do think they work ok but may not be accurate enough to give too many clues. From what I've heard/seen they can tell you generally like 20% increments based on the darkness of the color reaction.

I've always thought they'd be better for getting a rough idea how strong an Ecstasy pill is. To bring back the mints I was just talking about, they had 10% or less of filler. Whereas most pills are 50%.. If I presented a Chi Mint to today's new generation they'd scoff at it cuz they're used to half gram sized pills.

I think it's worth a try, I've always been curious about them. Maybe I'll buy one too.

-GC

I actually made a post about this but posting here an altered version of the same. Which is that I just wanted to add that I took <100mg today for the very first time. The stuff came in crystals, not powder or snowflake-like consistency, but salt-like crystals, it had a brownish coloration and it was made in Holland, purchased via the DN. I was not able to precisely weigh the hit because my scales only has .1g precision so had to guesstimate but it's possible I may have taken anywhere between 50mg-100mg; yeah, quite a BIG margin, sorry, especially with effects reportedly being non-linear.

Effects were pretty much as described on rollsafe.org/erowid with initial come up starting 30 min in and a more intense feeling 1h in, then peaking at the 3h mark. Had had two large McDonald's for salt supplementation Now, 4h in I can still feel something but veeery mild and gentle. There was no mydriasis at all at any time and, while I felt really peaceful and way more "empathetic" than normal as if my normal "ego barriers" had been brought down, I can't say I felt the MDMA unbounded love that I see people talk about here with such passion. Also no jaw clenching. Felt clear headed too, if that makes sense.

Having read quite a few posts in this thread alone, I'm beginning to suspect that (a) the thread title is probably correct and (b) those who claim MDMA ain't what it used to be, are probably right too. So, really, the real question we should be focusing on is probably: fuck this cheap shit, where do we get REAL MDMA from?

I wonder if 31% 3,4-MDPH is enough to explain the effects - or lack thereof - especially if the rest actually is 3,4-MDMA HCl. I don't know how hard it would be to separate the MDPH from the MDMA, but if not very difficult, I'd think it would be of interest for the producer to provide a superior product and sell stuff without MDPH. I don't know what molecule(s) that can't be distinguished from MDMA with GC/MS, but I guess that is what this thread is about. I've previously mentioned that the bad MDMA diminishes the effect of 2C-B (opposite of what the good MDMA does) and since than I've also discovered that 3-FEA does the same. Maybe clues to what the culprit molecule being sold as MDMA actually is?

Hi Psyloq,

"fuck this cheap shit, where do we get REAL MDMA from?"

LOL - let me know if you figure this one out.

Sorry your first experience was like that. If you only took 50 mg, it is possible you did not take enough to really cross the threshold. However, if you took 100 mg, you should have had a more pronounced experience than that.

Believe me when I say that you would know if you had truly rolled and felt the magic. It is not something that is unclear or vague. You know it when it happens. If it wasn't one of the best feelings you have ever had in your life, then something was not right.

"fuck this cheap shit, where do we get REAL MDMA from?"

LOL - let me know if you figure this one out.

I had only read a few posts by Le Junk, mostly the older ones, and found them so awe-inspiring and so easy to understand and believe the various realities he was describing, that I just felt like I had to say something. Didn't help that I was rolling then. Sorry for the noise! :eek:

This thread deserves a bump anyway!

Do we have any reason to believe the usual testing methods would interpret MDPH as MDMA? Or miss the MDPH altogether?

Got a reply to the reddit post i made months ago, I sent them a link to this discussion but in case they don't end up posting here, here is the reply they sent:

"Thank you so much for this post. We discussed this at length and all 8 of us just believe that these three batched all purchased in 2018 were just somehow corrupted and we are just stumped as to how they appear to Energy Control as MDMA without adulterants but subjectively totally not MDMA as we all know it and objectively very little to almost zero eye dilation with even greater heart-rate increases. Plus, absolutely all the same environments and same people each time and same dose so we are just at a loss to explain it.

Personally, the racemic issue made the most sense as stereo-isomers can produce similar effects to what we felt, and I agree that it makes no sense that people would intentionally go through the trouble to manufacture isomers because it was difficult for Shulgun and others doing research to even get their hands on the isomers to test their effects in isolation. I am comforted by the fact that everything you are saying mirrors our experience so we don't feel crazy. However, do you know of where I can get more information? What is the theory you like best to explain how it could test as pretty pure MDMA (not just with our home kits but also in a professional lab) and just not be right? After talking with the chemist at the Barcelona lab (energy control), he seemed to believe that there is a possibility that people have found a new/cheaper synthesis that would test as MDMA in their lab but not have the same effects.

The problem with finding vendors on the dark web is that the reviews are really all about delivery and security in packaging, but not about quality. Anyway, thanks for talking to me as someone who didn't discover this life altering, relationship building experience until later in life, I hate to think I will never be able to experience it again with my closest friends :("

Last edited:
Hilopsilo, who made that post? What is the context there?

I agree about the DW...all the reviews are about shipping and how the purchase process went. Very few people post about the quality of the product. It is like a restaurant review that only talks about how friendly the waitstaff were and does not mention the food.

It was a reply made to a post I made a while back when i first realized that there is definitely something going on with MDMA, just typed up my experience and test results, get replies/messages from people every now and then still, usually just redirect them to here

Status
Not open for further replies.