• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

What is wrong with the MDMA available today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never built up a tolerance for empathogens and I've had 80% of my MDMA experiences in the past 2.5 years be the shitty stuff. And, it's all different, too. Some of the shitty stuff is closer in some ways while worse in others, while other batches better in other areas and worse again in others.

Once it came on super strong in 30 minutes, strong effects but not as much empathy and general joy/love as would be expected, though a good amount of tactile and sensory pleasure, and then around the T+3/5-4hr mark, sharply came down within a period of minutes.

I've had stuff that came on with and lasted in accordance with the timeline MDMA should have, and just did not feel lovey unless you really made yourself go there.

There's numerous things at play here IMO. Or at least, a wide variation in the effects of a single variable.

Last edited:
Every lab has different sample requirements, so you should contact them and ask about the minimum mass, size and form (solid, liquid)
IMO the H1 NMR should not require more than 5mg.

So if I go ahead with this, I basically gotta just cross my fingers and hope they don't ask any questions? Seems sort of risky, I wouldn't want to get in trouble. A reply to my thread on reddit said "If you can find a lab willing to do a NMR that would be optimal. Unfortunately the times when I could send random samples to the NMR room without questions are over"

So if I go ahead with this, I basically gotta just cross my fingers and hope they don't ask any questions? Seems sort of risky, I wouldn't want to get in trouble.
It would be advisable to send the sample in a professionally looking small nylon vial (they are available in my local pharmacy) labeled with printed labels - not handwritten.
It's best if the sender is a business with "research" or "engineering" or "tech" or "bio" word in it...
If the results are downloadable or sent by email then the return snail-mail address does not matter (opt-out of sample return of course).

Remember that plain NMR will not give you info about the enantiomer ratio nor direct info about the salt type because common NMR will only resonate the Hydrogen and Carbon nuclei and bonds, so the bond with e.g. the Chlorine in Hydrochloride has to be inferred indirectly.
I use Raman spectroscopy to discover those directly.

Last edited:
Woah woah woah, big update.

So I finally got ahold of the organization that tested my sample of the MehDMA that came up as something like 96%. I was wrong, they did not have a mass spectrometer, they had FTIR, which uses infrared and is apparently not as in depth nor as accurate as GCMS. They mentioned FTIR only detects stuff above something like 3%.

Bad news is they cannot pull up the report on my substance since I do not have the substance ID # (it's an anonymous testing service). Good news is, they told me that in my city, there is a substance testing center downtown that uses more in depth methods and may be able to help me out.

they did not have a mass spectrometer, they had FTIR
FTIR is an acronym for Fourier Transform Infra Red analysis.
It is a fast and decent analysis technique that shines infrared light THROUGH the sample and notes which wavelengths of the light get absorbed, in other words, it takes an IR absorption spectrum of the sample.

FTIR does not require sample preparation if the sample is transparent and consists of large crystals, otherwise it requires KBr sample holders.

Adding just two light polarizers makes this analysis technique capable of resolving enantiomers !

Yes, it might not be very sensitive to low concentration contaminants but it is cheap and a used machine can be had on eBay for $500, for example see: this machine.

Last edited:
HUGE NEWS GUYS!

So I took my samples downtown to the local drug testing center where you can safely and anonymously test your drugs. They only had FTIR there, but I spoke with the lead technician there, and they offered to send in my samples to the NMR at the nearby university that they work with. They were very interested in all this and wanted to help in any way they could!

They ran the samples on the FTIR and same results as before, both come up as MDMA only.

They packaged both samples up and they will be sent to the NMR next week. They told me I can expect results in ~2 weeks. They also said to email them any specific info they need or specifics about the testing we want done, etc.

HUGE NEWS GUYS!

So I took my samples downtown to the local drug testing center where you can safely and anonymously test your drugs. They only had FTIR there, but I spoke with the lead technician there, and they offered to send in my samples to the NMR at the nearby university that they work with. They were very interested in all this and wanted to help in any way they could!

They ran the samples on the FTIR and same results as before, both come up as MDMA only.

They packaged both samples up and they will be sent to the NMR next week. They told me I can expect results in ~2 weeks. They also said to email them any specific info they need or specifics about the testing we want done, etc.

Wow, that's cool :)

Dude hell ya! Great job and excited to hear the results :)

Well ask them if it's possible for them to check the isomer ratios and/or any impurities above .5% total weight.

I'll be watching!

-GC

Well ask them if it's possible for them to check the isomer ratios and/or any impurities above .5% total weight.
Don't forget about the salt type - it greatly influences the dosage ...at least.

NMR will have a hard time differentiating between enantiomers but spotting the difference between these structural isomers should not be a problem for it.

Last edited:
They emailed me back this morning saying that they'll do GC/MS as well, and if theres anything else we'd like them to find out about the samples specifically to just shoot them any email. Really happy about how enthusiastic they are about this, they're probably just bored of testing heroin all day and having it be fentanyl over and over lol, finally something new.

Really wish the U.S. would catch up and offer services like this, when I was waiting in line I was seeing it save lives as multiple samples of fentanyl contaminated heroin were being thrown out for users.

Read from around pages 20-25. There's multiple posts listing the various leading theories.
Sorry to reply to this so late but I have a tip for you. If you want to directly link to a post, the link to it is in the post number at the top right side of the post. If you right click on the post number and click 'copy link' or something similar, that will give you a direct link that takes someone that clicks it to that post on that page. Really handy to quickly reference a particular post

As an example this is a link to the post I quoted above

And here is where the link is hidden
vUu0lHW.jpg

And I'd rather not have to go back and read five pages myself to link someone, BlueBull. Someone's having to do it over and over because we don't have you know what...

Wow, Hilopsilo!

Super exciting news! I can't wait to hear what the lab says. I will be watching this thread like crazy!

Will your lab accept a sample by mail, Hilopsilo?

Mm, probably not tbh, especially non-domestic. Basically, downtown there is a huge heroin/fentanyl crisis and their main purpose is to test that and make sure people don't die. I was pretty out of place bringing them an MDMA sample, its a sad site at their facility (it's also a safe injection site). I don't believe they really have the resources to start testing tons of MDMA, but once I get the results I can inquire.

Don't have a chem background but I'd love to land a job with them, interesting field and saving lives.

Basically, downtown there is a huge heroin/fentanyl crisis and their main purpose is to test that and make sure people don't die.
Fentanyl or Carfentanil mixed with MDMA would be almost undetectable (because small doses are active due to its extreme potency) and such mixture would yield mongy subjective effects.

It seems odd that a mdma chemist would add fentanyl to his product. Its the complete opposite effects of what his users are trying to achieve.

It seems odd that a mdma chemist would add fentanyl to his product. Its the complete opposite effects of what his users are trying to achieve.

Doesn't feel like an opiate either, or have opiate side effects.

I'm dying to know what's in this new MDMA. I recently got some pills, tested right on the 5 reagent tests and a lab test also confirmed MDMA only, but it wasn't a great experience at all. No euphoria, no energy, insomnia and threw up. This is the same experience each time I've tried MDMA or pills for the last 5-6 years.

The lab previously said their methods are: HPLC coupled with ToF; HPLC; GCMS; Melting Point; UV absorption and NMR. I don't know which test was performed on the pill.

Yes, it makes no sense for a chemist but contamination by poly-drug dealers is possible.

Also, flooding the market with mongy meh-MDMA it is an excellent technique for discouraging people from using MDMA, ...especially the new users.
Do you think there is a group of influential people that does not like the effect that real 3,4-MDMA has on PTSD and depression patients and on society in general, just like there were influential groups that disliked the effects of LSD in the 1960s.... ?

Status
Not open for further replies.