• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

What is wrong with the MDMA available today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to have a little bit of MDMA that was via the methylamine route. Can confirm it was very good but I was also doing a lot of drugs at the time and I only did it once before giving it away because I only had like a gram of it and I was skeptical of it because it was produced with an aluminum amalgam and I was afraid of mercury contamination. I knew it was the methylamine route because it had that fishy smell. It's kind of unmistakable. This was produced in canada.

None of the stuff I have now appears to be produced via methylamine. I do have a batch which I cleaned up (it was pretty brown and was crystallized too quickly so it was opaque) which is interesting. The cleaned product was off white, to be expected. The leftover was interesting because it was dark as I expected but the smell is what's off putting. The unwashed batch has a smell but I'm hesitant to call it a safrole smell, it has a slightly sharper smell than the root beery smell. It's just not as sweet. The leftover stuff has the same kind of smell, so I did wash that out. I don't know what to make of it. I'm gonna give it a test in a few weeks when I have some time off.

I'm still not convinced of the unbalanced isomer theory but I'm not sure what to make of any of it.

The methylamine stuff was off white, wasn't crystallized, it was how it looks after you acetone wash MDMA.

I haven?t had it since a year and a half ago while over seas... it was fantastic I haven?t been able find it in the states at all.. it?s depressing honestly. Especially now where I feel like I need a spiritual healing or transformation.. I have tried to apply for clinical trials but no response or answer the phones. After going through many treatments for MDD and PTSD and a cabinet of meds I saw some hope. I read many testimonials of other vets that undergone the therapy and I feel like it could help me. But I dream.. desperation is terrible.

I tried to look into the FDA studies they are doing for PTSD treatment. I raced over it pretty quickly - they referred to several previous studies, some in Israel and others in Switzerland. I was trying to see if they would document how their MDMA was made...just out of curiosity. I'm hoping they've looked into the distinction we are describing. But when the FDA is involved, I get cynical. In any case, at one time people in this thread were discussing the importance of racemic vs non-racemic ratios. Whatever they are studying in this second round at the FDA has both enantiomers at a specified ratio, and they use some high performance liquid chromatography to assess purity. I wonder if whatever technique they are using to assess purity and/or whatever technique they are using for synthesis is insuring they are studying the MDMA of the "good old days" I certainly hope so

Here is a link for the FDA study - and a group that is trying to legalize other drugs as well for medical use: http://www.maps.org/research/mdma

PinkWalrus - have you tried this group for clinical trials?

Last edited:
SympatheticMD, does it say anywhere what the specific enantiomer ratio is that they are studying? If it is not 50/50 that would be very interesting.

G_Chem I just read one of your old posts where you described your classic role. Was this recent or old? I had so many of the same things back in 1988 (jesus). The come-on varied with the people in the group. I used to attribute this to each person's anxiety, but maybe it was metabolism. Then it would hit so hard that ... it wasn't scary, but you knew you needed to stay in the house with a friend who was trying to help. There was a lot of tension that I can't really relate to anything else. Just overwhelming. Inevitably someone said maybe I should walk it off. And I inevitably stayed on the couch (back rubs or hair tickles were not even good at this stage). And then, for me it was maybe 20 mins, they whole body let go into this most wonderful state of air-filled body bliss. I don't remember dancing so much - that would take a few hours down the line, and we usually preferred to stick to small groups and rub each other and chew gum and drink orange juice and say how much we loved each other. Even if we had just met. Does anyone else remember the orange juice? Skipping or walking outside was great fun, and riding a bike was super cool if your eyes could take it. Swinging - oh the best.
I too was like a mother hen, making sure everyone had what they needed. Or if maybe I could play with their hair. And yes, a bathtub was good, but you had to watch the loose-goose body so it wouldn't slip under and drown.
I still have an orange juice lid I fell in love with 30 years ago. it's right over there in my closet.
We never really studied pupils - just noticed they were huge and made it harder to see sometimes. And yeah, there was some eye giggling that I always kind of wanted to leave with the teeth chattering.
And I agree also about the next day. Nice afterglows, good time to see a movie and feel all mushy about a character you might relate to.

indigoaura - they didn't specify the exact ratio. I think I was reading the Boulder test protocol for that one, but they have other tests and protocols you can see. I doubt they will ever specify ingredients. As of now, all I found is that they prove they have 99% pure MDMA via gas chromatography. I hope their machines include the fancier ones that someone else was describing on this thread.

Regarding MDMA used in trials. This is without a doubt racemic product and if it wasn't you'd be hearing about it as that's kind of out there yet for the types of trials going on with MDMA right now. I doubt we'd see separate isomers being used in research until the racemic was essentially an established and accepted medicine.

And that description I gave is for MDMA from when I first started in 2005 until present day. For me the product and experience has roughly stayed the same (generally speaking, all batches are different but only a couple have I come across in all my years that were undesirable), but again I believe I'm an outlier based on where I live and who I know. When people take MDMA I obtain I always hear the same thing "this is the best stuff I've ever taken!" My few run ins with Dutch product haven't been all that impressive.

I've gotten mad crushes on people that I just met. One recent batch I grabbed caused a random girl to tell me wholeheartedly I was her soulmate after approximately 4-5 sentences. The good good is out there, it just takes some finding. You've gotta be in the right scene, your not gonna likely find it by going down to a club or some major event/festival. You gotta get down to the roots, only there will you find what you seek.

And finally, thank you for sharing that anon. How sure were you of its origins? Methylamine def smells fishy as fuck. Also regarding the brown product you bought. It sounds like MDP2P might have been the contaminant. It smells similar to safrole but with more of a "spice" smell.

-GC

Good point about the racemic being the first to be studied. And then if it works, they can quadruple the charge for the pure form. I tried to see what pharmaceutical group was making it - just to see if this strange hobby of mine could somehow translate into making money. So far, the two studies I read only named a pharm company in Switzerland. I'm not sure these kinds of things actually make any money anyway. I DO know that a vial of ketamine is like $5 dollars, and yet they charge thousands to treat people for depression at these new Ketamine centers.

As for finding the good good, I'm a 47 year old blonde doctor with a kid, so I'm not exactly hooked into a scene. In fact, people are frequently suspicious of me, which I find hilarious and an example of a terrible read on a person. But I'll look around. All these stories bring it back. Maybe that's why the stuff works medically.

Wish I would have enjoyed chemistry a little bit more, but I found human interaction more intriguing than chemical interaction (although if you want to get deep, it's all the same).

One of my "soul mates" was named Charlie. I still have the sweater he lent me in 1992. I wonder how crazy he would think I was if I could actually recognize him on the street and said hello?

Hahaha the funny thing is he'd probably remember you and be like "oh hey there soulmate long time no see!" Something about MDMA where those connections and moments seem to stick with us more than any other drug. It's one of the many reasons I love it so..

Ahh understandable.. I experience the same thing just nowhere near as extreme. I've had people think they know what I'm like and who I am, only to have to "correct" them. It's sad cuz I thought MDMA was supposed to reveal to us that what we see on the outside isn't what's on the inside.. Maybe that's just more evidence of the change in MDMA as I live by the old school rules of PLUR and acceptance of everyone.

There is the dark web too MD ;)

And yes once MDMA is legal expect to pay thousands for a dosage that used to cost 10$.

-GC

Apparently the dark web was started by a guy in high school. The same high school my son will be attending in a few years. Nail biting time! I'm going with the theory that reckless kids raise straight good kids who raise reckless kids... and the punishment goes on and on. Just let me keep my delusion and don't post any studies refuting it. And let's keep each other posted on the pharmaceutical company watch for the legalization thing. I never heard back from PinkWalrus, but I hope he uses my link to maybe get in the studies. I've heard that group is truly amazing

There is the dark web too MD

And, the DW is also littered with Dutch product that is likely inferior. If I knew what was real and what wasn't on the DW, I would be way more likely to give it a go.

Skipping or walking outside was great fun, and riding a bike was super cool if your eyes could take it. Swinging - oh the best.

During my early years of participation, I lived near my parents. My partner and I would sneak into their yard to jump on the giant trampoline and use the tire swing in the middle of the night. It was like the best moments of childhood and the promise of adulthood, all rolled into this single, dewdrop moment.

I tried to look into the FDA studies they are doing for PTSD treatment. I raced over it pretty quickly - they referred to several previous studies, some in Israel and others in Switzerland. I was trying to see if they would document how their MDMA was made...just out of curiosity. I'm hoping they've looked into the distinction we are describing. But when the FDA is involved, I get cynical. In any case, at one time people in this thread were discussing the importance of racemic vs non-racemic ratios. Whatever they are studying in this second round at the FDA has both enantiomers at a specified ratio, and they use some high performance liquid chromatography to assess purity. I wonder if whatever technique they are using to assess purity and/or whatever technique they are using for synthesis is insuring they are studying the MDMA of the "good old days" I certainly hope so

Here is a link for the FDA study - and a group that is trying to legalize other drugs as well for medical use: http://www.maps.org/research/mdma

PinkWalrus - have you tried this group for clinical trials?

I have emailed and called all the ones recruiting on their main site, and clinical trials.gov because I thought maybe the legal and therapy guided way would be more beneficial, then trying to buy on the street and self medicating. However where I live there is no street to get mdma. Iv started to feel like it doesn?t exist in my world anymore lol. I know that I am sick of my cabinet of meds that keep me right below the surface. Sometimes it would be nice to have a kickstart into that rush of love and empathy and egoless mind set. Maybe one day, hopefully.

I tried to do the dark web but literally the whole thing confuses me, with the bitcoin idk maybe I?m just too stupid. I wish I had that knowledge. I need to find a DW teacher no matter the internet guides I read I feel like I am reading the matrix.

PinkWalrus

I'm sorry that you're having trouble getting into the trials. Your history as a vet would really help you, I would think. Although the MDMA trials may be focusing more on women???? I don't know why I think that.

You could also look into Ketamine treatments for depression and PTSD. There are lots of clinics popping up everywhere, and a number of them speficially cater to vets (and perhaps offer them discounts or participation in dosage trials within their own clinics. It is supposed to be very effective for both depression and PTSD. Good luck! And stay away from the Dark Web or whatever it is unless you are savvy about computer things. That entire place sounds like a virtual version of a very dark alley in the Bronx. But I haven't ever seen it because I'm too computer illiterate to get it to work. Also, if you want to try these things as actual medical treatment for mental health, it is honestly best to do it under a doctor's care, especially if you have a history of substance abuse. It can be hard if not impossible to distinguish what is medication and what is feeding an addiction.
I also want to make it clear that I am not preaching, I have been in these places myself. So I can empathize with you

Last edited:
G_Chem I just read one of your old posts where you described your classic role. Was this recent or old? I had so many of the same things back in 1988 (jesus). The come-on varied with the people in the group. I used to attribute this to each person's anxiety, but maybe it was metabolism. Then it would hit so hard that ... it wasn't scary, but you knew you needed to stay in the house with a friend who was trying to help. There was a lot of tension that I can't really relate to anything else. Just overwhelming. Inevitably someone said maybe I should walk it off. And I inevitably stayed on the couch (back rubs or hair tickles were not even good at this stage). And then, for me it was maybe 20 mins, they whole body let go into this most wonderful state of air-filled body bliss. I don't remember dancing so much - that would take a few hours down the line, and we usually preferred to stick to small groups and rub each other and chew gum and drink orange juice and say how much we loved each other. Even if we had just met. Does anyone else remember the orange juice? Skipping or walking outside was great fun, and riding a bike was super cool if your eyes could take it. Swinging - oh the best.
I too was like a mother hen, making sure everyone had what they needed. Or if maybe I could play with their hair. And yes, a bathtub was good, but you had to watch the loose-goose body so it wouldn't slip under and drown.
I still have an orange juice lid I fell in love with 30 years ago. it's right over there in my closet.
We never really studied pupils - just noticed they were huge and made it harder to see sometimes. And yeah, there was some eye giggling that I always kind of wanted to leave with the teeth chattering.
And I agree also about the next day. Nice afterglows, good time to see a movie and feel all mushy about a character you might relate to.

indigoaura - they didn't specify the exact ratio. I think I was reading the Boulder test protocol for that one, but they have other tests and protocols you can see. I doubt they will ever specify ingredients. As of now, all I found is that they prove they have 99% pure MDMA via gas chromatography. I hope their machines include the fancier ones that someone else was describing on this thread.

Just reading your description of old school ecstasy took me right back there with you MD. Spot on description my friend. And of course I remember the orange juice! It was all about the fruity flavors. They tasted incredible! I also remember the high being very loud. Just sitting with my girlfriend as we started taking off the high was very noisy. It was like being on a roller coaster. At times I would feel sober and things would get quiet for a second and Id think it was all over and then within seconds BAM!! my eyes would be shaking all over the place and Id be right back on the roller coaster again. I also felt like I was walking on a cloud at times. Like I couldnt touch the ground. Did you ever get that? I also remember always needing someone to be with me when we started feeling it. I rememeber others saying things like please dont leave me okay. I get absolutely non of these feelings on todays crap. Oh I lament.

I also remember the high being very loud.

Now that you mention it, I recall that too. I remember how incredibly overwhelming and loud a public bathroom would be as I was coming up. If I was at a concert or rave or whatever, all of a sudden I was just overwhelmed with the sounds. Every. Single. Little. Tiny. Sound. Really, all senses were heightened. I noticed how it felt to breathe, how air felt on my arms, how water tasted sweet. And, of course, you are right. None of that happens now.

Considering how much serotonin is in the digestive system, is it remotely possible that the new product is not being absorbed in the right part of the digestive system?

Considering how much serotonin is in the digestive system, is it remotely possible that the new product is not being absorbed in the right part of the digestive system?

Possibly. Not my area of study so I cant elaborate on that. But quite possible Im sure. Its just so wrong and so far off nowadays from the old school stuff. Could be something simple or something much more complex. But I can tell you this, all of the stuff Ive seen nowadays is exactly the same high. Very consistent and very awful. I feel bad for new users. They may never experience the real thing.

I feel bad for new users too. So many reports of people only taking a small amount and ending up with brain zaps and horrible, long-lasting, after effects. This was never the case before. I could eat a lot of pills, and I may feel miserable on Tuesday emotionally, maybe a little erratic mood wise, but NEVER had physical side effects that lasted for weeks. Clearly something different is happening in a really bad way.

I feel bad for new users too. So many reports of people only taking a small amount and ending up with brain zaps and horrible, long-lasting, after effects. This was never the case before.
Did you consider that this can be a deliberate strategy of the War on Drugs.

The Alcohol&Tobacco Lobby could not discourage new users from falling in love with MDMA for 30 years, but this new method seems to be working...

Status
Not open for further replies.