• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

What is Kratom Withdrawal like?

w0w0mg

Bluelighter
Here there Bluelight community!
I was just curious if anyone has experience with kratom withdrawal?
I have successfully gotten off all benzos and opiates besides kratom and I am trying to get off that too.
I am using about 20+ grams a day and I'm planning to do a quick taper.
I was previously addicted to heroin then moved on to xanax and U-47700 with tianeptine on top.
I have now been free of those for a while now and have just been using kratom.
I'm sure it won't be as bad as my previous withdrawals but I have heard some horror stories about Kratom Withdrawal.
People reporting they would have SSRI like withdrawals including brain zaps?
Can anyone confirm this?

Any feedback and suggestions would be nice!

Much love!

Depends on the person and the situation. When I came off Kratom the first time I used Phenibut and I hardly noticed it.

I agree. How much and how long were you using?
Kratom shouldn't be too bad for you considering your past experiences. It still is a withdrawal though that will be unpleasant. The biggest factors are your dose size and frequency plus the potency of the kratom you are using. There are a couple of megathreads I believe that are still active on here. Do you plan on tapering with another substance or just run this out on its own? Good luck.

I think Kratom is as low as it gets - I may just use some OTC medicines to help the discomfort.
I really don't want to start another addiction, you know?
I just get scared about stepping off - I do not do well with withdrawal.

Horrible, plain horrible. I took it for like 3 days once, fine. I took it for 8 days, I was sick for almost two weeks with diarrhea and chills. Not worth it imo.

Just for reference, after that I became a heroin addict for six years, I still consider that to have been worse than a proper suboxone taper. Just my 2 cents.

it's going to be infinitely better if you taper. 20g is a sizable kratom habit, I was using about that much for pain at one time. It definitely stings to get off. my advice, taper down to about 4g a day, jump from there. it will take a while, but tapering krat is pretty easy and you will be so much better off it's not even funny. get some black seed oil/multivitamins and exercise while you taper. no booze, that will just fuck you up.