• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Sinus muscle twitching balance issues

Paulk8888

Greenlighter
Hi
I'm not sure whether this is pin pointed down to Coke, but around 8 weeks ago after a couple of weekends on the bounce of having Coke, I've developed some problems with my sinuses - feel like my head is full of pressure, balance problems and difficulty thinking straight, feel like my head is tilting to one side. I also keep getting the muscle twitching, most notably in my
Legs but it is happening all over the body. Is this a withdrawal? Again, I can't pin point it down to Coke use but I'm trying to think back to when this started and what may have started it, and the fact I'm having issues with my sinuses and balance seems to suggest I may have caused an infection maybe?
Has anyone had this before? It's so debalitating, I feel like I'm jerking and twitching every other minute and can't concentrate.
Thanks

Bad symptoms not going away, muscle leg twitching and popping
Hi all,

I came on here back in march this year and I've come back to revisit to see if anyone can help me in the list of problems I've had since March. After a night out on Coke and Pills, I woke up the next day and I've had this list of issues which have manifested since then. The headaches and that have gone and I am left with this:

- crawling and buzzing sensation in lower legs, feels even worse with trousers on and my muscles are popping like popcorn underneath the skin
- prickly and warm feeling in legs
- pulsing feeling in legs, I can feel muscles pulsing in my feet, ankles, behind my knee and muscles, like I can feel blood flowing through my muscles
- pulsing in my hands, like my extremities are pulsing really hard, this includes my neck muscles when I'm laid in bed at night I can feel the pulses on my pillow making a sound
- twitching and popping in other areas of the body, not as much as my legs though this seems to be the primary issue, I get twitches every now and again in my back, face and arms but the legs are by far the worst and terribly uncomfortable
- restless sleep, struggle to sleep all the way through
- flexing my feet and legs, feel like I'm constantly stretching my ankles out Andy pointing my feet
- odd twitching here and there

I've been for an MRI scan, this has come back clear. I'm lost as to what this can be now, I've had beta blockers which don't do anything either. It's so uncomfortable and my quality of life has gone down incredibly. Has anyone had these issues before

I forgot to mention I've developed a tremor as well, hands have a shake all the time for example if I hold my phone or a drink. Feels Like my nervous system is out of whack?

Thanks

I've had something similar in the past. But not as extreme maybe. Are you still consuming alcohol ?
Drink plenty of water.
Do you play sports ? This could be in your head and you may be just getting extremely worked up at the idea. It sounds like you need a while off the drugs and drink.

I've taken Everything under the sun and regularly have taken cocaine xtc and drink every weekend
Although I have cut all this right down now. But after partying I would get the sensations you describe above

Just take it easy for a while.

Hi Paul,

I have exactly the same issue as you, mine also came from Coke use. You can refer to some of my early posts on my profile, it will show you what I went through and my early symptoms.

Symptoms months 1-5 after bad reaction:
- Jolting awake as falling asleep
- colours flashing in front of eyes before sleeping (eyes closed)
- Frequent Leg Twictches, 20-25 times a day
- Muscle Fasiculations (That crawling sensation)
- REM (Rapid Eye Movement)

Almost exactly 1 year down the line the below symptoms still remain. I believe these are permanent:

- Leg twitches occasional, 2-3 times a day (Thighs)
- Muscle Fasiculations (mainly in calves)
- REM (When very tired)

I do agree. I believe cocaine has altered the way in which we are circuited neurologically. Dopamine communication between the synapse cleft in our brain has been altered. Glitches of neurotransmittors are sneaking through unintentionally causing our muscles to contract.

In Parkinson's disease, when domaine levels hit low, the brain releases a compensatory Neurotransmittors which when not balanced properly - control movement. Now don't panic, I am not saying you have Parkinsons. Trust me you don't as in our cases these symptoms are idiopathic (from a single event) and not a progressive disease caused by genetics or a toxic environment. But I do believe we have altered neurotransmittor balance which has had a knock on effect to our motor skills.

You will get better, it just takes time. Sleep is very important, get lots of it. Exercise regularly so you can maximise oxygen and blood flow to the deepest parts of your brain to ensure healing. I don't pump myself full of multi vitamins, I just take cod liver oil tablets (usually after a meal) which are high in vitamin D and Omega 3. Taking huge multi vitamins are pointless as your body doesn't have the ability to absorb all the vitamins in such a short spell. Be patient and kind to yourself, I was in your place before.

You will accept it and still live a happy life, you get used to it and learn its still you.

Have you been taking any pain killers? Like Codeine ect? I saw you had taken beta blockers, wondering if anything else was prescribed. Word of advice - I would be weary of any strong pain killers. A dopamine protagonist (Coke) got us in this situation, it had a negative effect on our neurological (dopamine specific function) circuiting. Our brains may be still sensitive to dopamine protagonists. Pain killers like codeine derive from Opiods which stimulate dopamine. Avoid general anaesthesia, I'm currently researching into this. It is called general anethesia because it is normally a mix of 3 different drugs, cocktail as such. Which when measure together correctly can get you to the safe endused coma. However, general anaesthesia is a big dopamine protagonist. It needs to be to knock you out, which is why you wake up in cuckoo land after an op. To be safe avoid these to reduce the likelyness of potential further damage. This is purely hypothetical and theory based but by connecting dots makes sense. Let me know your experience of any of the above to date?

Let me know how you're getting on

All the best,
YellowFish

Go to a doctor dude, your heart is going to explode. That's the short version.

Hi all

Thanks for the comments. I'm not taking any painkillers now - laid off then apart from paracetamol every now and again if I get a headache.

One thing I have noticed is my side effects after working out in the gym seem to make it worse - like my muscles are firing fast and I can feel the popping and twitching going off in my legs and the throbbing muscles a lot more.

I believe my sleep is being effected - I've got a fit bit and I'm waking up several times a night according to the sleep tracker.

I've got some 5htp and l theanine and tyrosine - I've read different things on there effect on dopamine, not too sure if it helps as I feel some days it makes it worse and others better? Does anyone have any advice on these supplements?

Wearing tight clothes on my legs makes the crawling and prickly sensation worse too - feels like nerves are over sensitive.

The head pressure has died down pretty much entirely, every now and again I get a little bit which is almost like it's behind my nose - and I feel a clicking, weird sensation. I do still drink too, I'm planning on having a month off soon to see whether this helps - find it really hard to not drink after work all week but I've got to try something to get better.

Thanks all

I forgot to mention, whenever I orgasm as well the twitching gets really intense especially in my feet and legs for a second or two - I can feel a rush of twitching going down specific places each time it's a very weird sensation - which makes me think this is linked to a dopamine / serotonin issue?!

I was cleared by a neurologist last year. I went back to my doctor earlier this year and have managed to get to see another neurologist this week - hopefully I may get another view on things.

So I was seen by a neurologist this week, who conducted a serious of tests and asked me a number of questions.

He basically said there is nothing serious, which gave me absolutely no explaination as to what this is. He started questioning things about my personal life and believed it was anxiety as a cause - I don't believe this to be the case at all. This was triggered and I still believe it's a dopamine / serotonin issue.

Looks like I'll have to get to the bottom of it myself....!

Hi mate - feel free to direct message me. I feel like I've got the same issues as you to an extent - let's get our heads together and sort it...!