Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Entactogens that can be made by Aminizing your Kitchen's Spice Cabinet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cat Plants, like Catnip:

Buckbean (Menyanthes trifoliata), an American plant that occurs as far south as Virginia and California, contains a cat attractant chemical called mitsugashiwalactone that triggers a similar reaction to catnip in susceptible cats.

Northern groundcone (Boschniakia rossica) is a parasitic member of the broomrape family and found in north-western North America. It contains 2 cat attractant compounds, boschniakine and boschnialactone.

Yellowbells (Tecoma stans) is a small tree native to Florida and contains both boschniakine and actinidine and may be attractive to cats.

Trumpet Creeper (Campsis radicans) is a woody vine that may also contains boschniakine, but there are no reports of its attractiveness to cats.

Guelder Rose (Viburnum opulus, sometimes called Cranberry Bush and most commonly found in cultivation as the Snowball Tree), the perennial Dittany of Crete (Origanum dictamnus/Hop Marjoram), the spring-flowering annual Baby Blue-eyes (Nemophila menziesii) and the Zimbabwean plant Zinziba (Lippia javanica aka Verbena javanica).

General Psychoactive Plants:

Coffee & Cuban Coffee, in Cuba they boil their coffee down REALLY small amount, so it's a lot stronger. Like if you made a pot of coffee with a coffee machine, then put it in a metal pot on the stove and boiled the pot down to one shot glass.

Guarana, Contains Caffeine and Theobromine. So has the effects of Coffee and Chocolate.

Guyusa, Kinda of like Tea, but it is used in place of Coffee in some places. And is stronger than Tea.

Yerba Mate, Kinda of like Tea, but it is used in place of Coffee in some places. And is stronger than Tea.

Oilahuasca: Oilahuasca is using simple things like Cinnamon/Clove Tea to turn off your P450 Enzymes, then taking something like Basil Extract, to achieve effects like ecstasy. It is similar to how Ayahuasca works.

Enchymoma: A word from the 1800s, it means "An Elixir Made in the Stomache"

Hotentot Tea: A Dream Brew including Imphepho flowers and a few other things, meant to promote dreaming.

Soma: An Ancient Vedic Brew, some Historians believe it is Opium Poppy, some Historians believe it is Amanita Muscaria, some Historians believe it is a brew Similar to Ayahuasca.

Ambrosia: An ancient Greek brew, possibly containing Opium, but definitely containing some kind of Psychoactive plant.

White Lotus Wine: The Ancient Egyptians used to let their Wine soak up the stuff inside Lotus before drinking it, so that they had a Lotus Tea/Wine. White lotus contains a compound that attaches to dopamine receptors.

Kratom: Has been made into tea by Buddhists for hundreds if not thousands of years. Contains Opiates that are not illegal, because they are not the same as the Opiates in Opium. And they may not show up on drug tests, I would double check though.

Lemon Grass: Contains Myrcene which can also be found in Hops/Beer. Has a slight Opiod Analgesic effect.

Black Cohosh: Attaches to 5HT serotonin receptors, can be made into a Tea or Capsule.

Mucuna Seed/Velvet Bean: Contains L-DOPA and Tryptamines, people use it as a Mood Enhancer.

Catnip: Can be made into a tea and drank by humans for light sedative effect, about 80% of cats are effected by it.

Valerian Root: Can effect cats similar to Catnip. Causes sedative effects in humans.

Silver Vine: Can effect cats similar to Catnip. Probably has effects for humans.

Bog Bean Leaves: Can effect cats similar to Catnip, used by humans in place of coffee.

Dittany of Crete: A Cooking Spice grown in Europe, this plant does not drop seeds and can only be cultivated by growing a clone, and it has been passed down this way for a LONG time. It has some sedative effects from what I have read, but I have not tried it.

Voaconga Africana: Contains things similar to Ibogaine and could be used for drug treatment.

Inebriating Mint: Used around Turkey, made like Tea, has a sedative effect.

Indian Warrior: A Natural Sedative/Tranquilizer

Mulungu: Said to be "Nature's Valium" by some people.

Wild Dagga: Contains Leourine, similar to Cannabis but not the same. Can be smoked or made into a tea.

Clip Dagga: Just like Wild Dagga

Motherwort/Siberian Motherwort: Contains the same thing as Wild Dagg and Clip Dagga.

Virola Elongota: Used by people in the Amazon as an entheogen and arrow poison.

Desfontainia: Known as "Chilean Holly", used as a Hallucinogen by native people.

Typha Capensis: Root Mass used as Entheogen

Maconha Brava: Used as an Entheogen in some places.

Black Horehound: Contains Diterpenes and is said to have some entheogen effects.

Stone Root: Has effects on the central nervous system and other parts of the body.

Horny Goat Weed: Used as a Sexual Stimulant for Men

Yohimbe: Used as a Sexual Stimulant for Men and Women

Belladonna Eye Drops: Used to make your eyes Dilated

Passion Flower: MAOI/Antidepressant

Kanna: SSRI/Antidepressant

Aconite aka Monks Hood aka Wolf's Bane. It has been used to kill wolves and was said to turn people in to werewolves. It is poison and can kill someone who eats to much, some people smoke it though.

Acacia is known as "Waddle" in Australia and has species all over the world, the bark contains DMT, 5-MeO-DMT and other Tryptamines.

Acorus Calamus aka Sweet Flag. Can cause hallucinations. It is used in medicine and food.

Amanita Muscaria aka Fly Agaric. Hallucinogenic and possibly Narcotic. You have probably seen them with toads on them, or gnomes under them, or in Alice in Wonderland.

Some species of Ants have been used to achieve ritual hallucinations. Some ants contain hallucinogens you can use by swallowing them.

Ayahuasca is a mixture of 2 things. Any plant containing MAOIs mixed with any plant containing DMT, then drank together.

Belladona seeds are poisonous and have been used to achieve hallucinations for a long time. They say that the reason "witches fly on broom sticks" is because they would use broom sticks to put the Belladona seed in a... weird place. Then they would "Fly".

Betel leaf is chewed by about 1/10th of the world's population as a mild stimulant similar to cigarettes.

Brugmansia contains Scopolamine which can cause vivid hallucinations via making you extremely delirious. It is not a hallucinogen, it is a delliriant and a poison that can kill you.

caesalpinia sepiaria is said to cause hallucinations.

Camellia Sinensis aka Tea Leaves, contains both Caffeine and L-Theanine, which together work differently than either of them would alone.

Cannabis aka Marijuana aka Pot also Hash contains THC and other Cannabinoids.

Chocolate contains Theobromine.

Cantharides aka Spanish Fly. An Aphrodisiac made from the wings of a beetle. Supposedly Sudanese people grind up dung beetles and drink them with water, no known reason for this yet though.

Coca plants contain cocaine and other things. It used to be the main ingredient of Coca-Cola.

Coffee contains Caffeine.

Datura is just like Brugmansia.

Duboisia Hopwoodii aka Pituri grows in Australia and has nicotine and a stronger (more poisonous) relative of nicotine in it.

Ephedra aka Mormon Tea contains Ephedrine, a stimulant which has been used to treat asthma.

Fugu aka Puffer fish. It's liver contains a nuerotoxin that kills most people, some people survive with no vital signs, then wake back up after 3 days. It is a delicacy in Japan because you have to trust the chef to not kill you, even on accident.

Guarana contains both Theobromine and Caffeine.

Heimia Salicifolia aka "Sun Opener" has the ability to turn your vision yellow when you drink it in a tea.

Henbane is poisonous and some people smoke it.

Iboga contains Ibogaine which has in recent times been used to cure Heroine and other opiate addictions. It could also be useful for cigarette smokers and methamphetamine users.

Inebriating Mint is used as a sedative and light hallucinogen in Turkey and a few other places.

Kava Kava has the same descriptive qualities as marijuana (Sedative/Euphoriant), but it is not the same when you take it, they are different. Mixing them together gives them Synergy though.Kava will make your moth numb and does not taste awesome.

Kratom is a sedative or a stimulant depending how much you take, and people chew it or make it into a tea.

lycopodium complanatum has been used by natives as a stimulant.

lycopodium selago causes a "mild narcotic hypnosis" at low doses and coma at high doses.

Mandrake root is poisonous and has historically been used in tons of potions and stuff. It was the plant that had a crying baby as a root in Harry Potter. The roots actually do look like people sometimes and historically they have been involved in all kinds of crazy stuff.

Morning Glory Seeds contain LSA which is a cousin of LSD.

Myelobia Smerintha Moths are said to be able to give you dreams when eaten, and the Aztecs claimed a moth as their underworld God, so someone should see what is in those ones.

the Nightmare fish is known to cause terrible nightmares. It could be kyphosus vaigiensis or kyphosus fuseus.

Osteophloeum Platyspermum is used in Ecuador for it's hallucinogenic properties.

Peyote is known to contain Mescaline.

Psilosybe mushrooms (usually Psilosybe Cubensis) are known as "Magic Mushrooms" commonly.

Puffballs are the mushrooms genuses: Lycoperdon, Bovista and Calvatia and have been known to cause Auditory Hallucinations.

Qat aka Khat is eaten in the middle east, it is used commonly like coffee, but is more like Amphetamine.

San Pedro is similar to Peyote.

Scirpus has traditionally been used as a Hallucinogen in Mexico, but it's effects have not been studied.

Scotch Broom supposedly has hallucinogenic seeds, and leaves that when smoked, make colors seem more vibrant.

Syrian Rue contains MAOIs which shut off parts of your immune system, allowing certain plants to take stronger effect (ex: used in Ayahuasca to make DMT orally effective) but it will also make Chocolate, Alcohol and Cheese poisonous during the duration of its effect on you because you can not break them down properly. This is called the "Cheese Syndrome" or "Cheese Effect"

Tree Tobacco is much like Tobacco but contains nicotine and other things, and it grows in South America.

Wild Lettuce (all lettuce actually, but this one has the most) contains opiates, not the same at the opiates in opium, but they hit the same receptors in the brain. It used to be called "Poor man's opium", and it probably grows in your yard.

Virola is known to contain DMT and other things.

Yohimbe bark is used as an Aphrodisiac and Stimulant for both men and women.

Yopo contains 5-HO-DMT which is mixed with Edible Lime and blown into people's noses in south America.

Uziza: Contains Caryophyllene, which is also in Cannabis and works similar to Cannabinoids.

Syrian Oregano & Thyme: Both of these contain Thymol, which is related to Propofol, which is the stuff that Michael Jackson was using to sleep. Thymol does not act like Propofol only because it is broken down in the stomach and liver.

Betel Leaf and Nut: Contains Chavicol, the leaves and nut are chewed like tobacco all over the world, and drops of extract can be added to a cigarette or joint for a stimulant effect.

Dragon's Head (Dracocephelums): Sedative Effect

Wool Grass: Root mass is used as an Entheogen

Sun Opener: Used as part of a Mixture in Mexico by Natives. It has effects of its own, but they are hard to pin point. Maybe a skeletal muscle relaxant, it has a weird hangover.

Coleus: Used by the same tribe that invented Salvia, it is a Sedative but has not been studied much.

Hops: Contain Myrcene, which works as a light Opiod Analgesic.

Indian Bay Leaves: Contains Caryophyllene

Uncaria Rhynchophylla: Has effects on the NMDA receptor.

Ylang Ylang: Contains Caryophyllene and other Terpenes.

Tecoma Stans: Works in some cats like Catnip. Could have effects in humans.

Tartarian Honey Suckle Bark: Works like Catnip in some cats. Could have effects in humans.

Cigarette Tobacco/Nicotiana Tobaccum: Used for dreaming by Native Americans, not used to Relax or Stimulate.

Jasmine Tobacco: A Species of Tobacco whose flowers smell like Jasmine

Bitter Calea: Used to promote dreaming.

Graviola: 5HT1a Agonist

Senegalia greggii: Native to Texas to California and in Sonora Mexico, the extract has stimulant effects

Here are some others
Red Clover
Ugni Molinae
Casearia Sylvestris
Pachyptera Hymenaea
Prickly Poppy
Adrenorphin (Cow Brain)
Deltorphin (Waxy Leaf Frog)
Dermorphin (Waxy Leaf Frog)
Chaste Tree
Black Kohosh
Laurelia Novae-Zelandiae
Salvia Leriifolia
Salvia Divinorum (Illegal in some places, also very active on other receptors)
Tabernaemontana Pachysiphon
Irvingia Gabonesis
Myrrh
Dalea Purpurea
Nigella Sativa Seed
Sophora Subprostata
Picralima Nitida
Chocolate (Reports say that Chocolate makes other Opiods stronger)
Yellow Horned Poppy
Crydalis Yanhusuo
Spinorphin (Cow Spine)
D-Phenylalanine (Enkephalinas Inhibitor)
Oriental Poppy
Marijuana (CBD is an Opiod)

Please just stop

Lol.

If people are going to be safe when they do this they need to know as much as they can about it.
And it can never be made illegal anywhere. What is Congress going to do, make Basil and Chamomile illegal?

And if you don't like the word Oilahuasca (some people just don't like the word) there is a word from the 1800s for the same concept

Enchymoma: An Elixir Made in the Stomach

And this may lead to Historical discoveries, just how MAOIs and DMT are mixed in ayahuasca to activate the DMT, there may be cultures that had Activators, Anti-Oxidants, Inhibitors, etc. Cinnamon has been used to extract Cinnamaldehyde at least since the Ancient Egyptians started using it for embalming Mummies. And with this new found information on Allylbenzens and CYP450 Enzymes, Historians may be able to put together what things like Embrosia or Soma or various other sacred mixtures are.

Hey man we have blogs for these kinds of rambles. I get the point you're trying to make here but could you perhaps structure it a bit as to explain what you're getting at instead of spamming random links and fragments of copied info? I mean it is pretty fascinating, thought so too the last time I read about those theories but there are countless other fascinating topics. I could whip up 10 threads like this in half an hour but that doesn't mean I'm providing valuable and relevant information. I'm going to leave this open so you can edit your thread and structure everything in one or two posts. If you want to put forward a point to people it helps if you walk through the concept step by step, with an explanation of every step along the way. If you continue spamming and don't edit I'm just going to go ahead and remove the entire thread

By the way I'm going to remove your last two posts, magic has nothing to do with this subject and doesn't really relate to empathogenic drugs

Last edited:
Hey man we have blogs for these kinds of rambles. I get the point you're trying to make here but could you perhaps structure it a bit as to explain what you're getting at instead of spamming random links and fragments of copied info? I mean it is pretty fascinating, thought so too the last time I read about those theories but there are countless other fascinating topics. I could whip up 10 threads like this in half an hour but that doesn't mean I'm providing valuable and relevant information. I'm going to leave this open so you can edit your thread and structure everything in one or two posts. If you want to put forward a point to people it helps if you walk through the concept step by step, with an explanation of every step along the way. If you continue spamming and don't edit I'm just going to go ahead and remove the entire thread

By the way I'm going to remove your last two posts, magic has nothing to do with this subject and doesn't really relate to empathogenic drugs

I restructured it will all the main information in the first post, and the history and anecdotes in the rest of the posts (Sasha's words are like a History of the Science behind it, and inspiration to move it forward). This information, in this depth, can not be found anywhere else on the internet, so if you are just here complaining about me because people reported me, you should know that there are people that stalk me around the internet and report me, it's nothing new, and sometimes they even pretend to be me on places like facebook and forums, so they can make people think I am doing werid things to them. So if you are here because of reports, those aren't natural reports, they are trolls.

And I only came here to share this information and the information about Schedule III+ analogues not being part of the Analogue act, so if you feel the need to delete my posts, go for it, I couldn't care less about posting here and have already emailed the information to myself to be shared on places like my blog and facebook, or sent directly to lawyers, doctors and politicians.

And I don't see how you can say that a Historical "Magic" spell that gives a recipe for this is somehow unrelated just because the word Magic is attached to it. It is a recipe that is 100% on the topic of this thread. But do whatever you want.

Mixtures with Reported Effets:
Coffee, Almond, Cinnamon, Vanilla and Nutmeg all drank. Maybe with added Vegetable Glycerin
Nutmeg, eaten. Calamus Root Extract, eaten. Parsley seed and Dill seed, smoked.

From another website
SWIM wants to experiment with all of these oils...SWIM has devised a method based on the knowledge he has accrued the last few days. He hasn't decided whether to ingest or apply topically.

48 hours prior to Oilahuasca allylbenzene dosage: SWIM will follow the dietary guidelines posted on HerbPedia:

Folic Acid aka Vitamin B9 will be taken for all 4 days prior and day of using allylbenzene oils.

L-Lysine will be taken for all 4 days prior and day of (3 hours before) using allylbenzene oils.

25 hours before allylbenzene ingestion: SWIM will take 230 mg (7 drops) of cinnamon bark essential oil.

1 hour before allylbenzene ingestion: SWIM will take 196 mg mg (6 drops) of cinnamon bark essential oil. Also take 1500 mg of Glucosamine HCL and 50-100 mg Vitamin D3 Supplement (I read that it's best to take D3 with cinnamon bark oil).

30 minutes before allylbenzene ingestion: SWIM will take 540 mg Black Seed Oil, 208 mg of 50% EGCG, 200 mg Kudzu Root Extract, 61 mg of valerian root EO from China, 0.8 mg Vitamin B9, 200 mg Pomegranate 40% Ellagic Acid Extract, 100 mg Rooibos 20% Gallic Acid Extract, 50 mg Vitamin B3, 1-3 drops Nepalese Calamus EO, 5-10 drops of Star Anise EO from China, 5-10 drops of Anise Seed EO. SWIM has decided not to use Clove Leaf EO or German Chamomile EO at this time, but may in the future. SWIM may drink with yerba mate or coffee here. I am unsure which stage is best for Coffee/Yerba Mate.

Take Allylbenzene Essential Oils (How many drops should SWIM try?) such as Elemi, Sassafras, Nutmeg, Sweet Basil, and Parsley Seed with a cup of Coffee/Yerba Mate, 1500 mg of Glucosamine HCL and either 5-10 grams of Black Pepper tea or 300-700 mg phenylehylamine HCl and 200 mg of Rutin.

How long after allylbenzene ingestion should SWIM take 800 mg of Cayenne?

Should SWIM eat food right after taking the activators and/or allylbenzene essential oils?

SWIM will also take Glucosamine HCL throughout the experience to boost effects. Are there any other supplements SWIM should take during experience? Something high in Vitamin C, perhaps?

SWIM will also exercise after allylbenzene ingestion a bit to help potentiate...

First, SWIM wants to experiment with sassafras essential oil. Is safrole safe for human ingestion/topical use? Any advice for this particular oil regarding activation techniques?

For those who do not know Sasha Shulgin is the Godfather of Ecstasy. Ecstasy had been discovered 50-100 years earlier, but was the byproduct of another material being made and was considered waste. Sasha rediscovered it and brought it in to the Medical field. It was legal for a while and was eve prescribed by doctors. He started his career with DOW chemicals and invented DEET.

But then he started focusing on at the time were called Psychomimetics, meaning substances that mimicked the psychotic state. Since then the theory that some molecule can make a person experience what it is like to be crazy has been disproven, but he began discovering all of these molecules. And many of them existed in plants or may have existed in some extinct plant, or may be discovered in a plant one day. And the Molecules he was the Godfather of had recorded, known, and prescribed medical uses. But they began making these things illegal because of abuse.

But when he wrote his book, it was with the full belief and understanding that the drug war was not going to work (as many of these exist in thousands of plants and cacti, and are easy to make),and that one day all of this information would be needed.

Our culture will remembered for the size and strength of the missiles we make, the size of a computer we can fit in our phone, and our meticulous ability to rank drugs on how much people like them (and the largest list ever).

Sasha's words on Psychedelics with Recorded and accepted Medical value

Studies using lower dosages of DPT (15-30 mg intramuscularly) have been explored as adjuncts to psychotherapy with alcoholic patients. The enhancement of recall of memories and experiences, the greater emotional expressivenes and self-exploration, coupled with a consistently short duration, made the drug very attractive. Higher doses, up in the 100 milligram range, have been explored in psychotherapy, in the quest for peak experiences. Yet another study, in exploring the interaction of therapy counseling and DPT-induced peak experiences with patients who are dying, the i.m. dosage range was between 75 and 125 milligrams.

There is a rather remarkable religious group known as the Temple of the True Inner Light, in New York City, which has embraced as its Eucharist DPT which they refer to as a powerful Angel of the Host. Their communion is confirmed by either the smoking or the drinking of the sacrament, and they have been totally unbothered by any agency of the Federal Government, as far as I know. It is not as if they were unknown. Quite on the contrary, I had on one occasion received a request for information on the drug from a reporter who was writing a story on DPT and its use in the church. I asked him just how he had gotten my name, and he told me that he was given it by someone within the DEA. Someone, sometime, should write an essay on contemporary religions, as to why DPT has flown, why peyote forever struggles, and LSD and marijuana have bombed out, when tied to religion. Is there something about a faith being an "approved" religion? Who gives his approval? Who decides the applicability of the first amendment which explicitly states that, "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof."

I wish the True Inner Light congregation Godspeed, if you will excuse the expression. My impressions of them from our correspondence have left me totally convinced of their integrity and dedication. It is an intriguing fact that this tryptamine was commercially available for a while from at least one small independent supplier of chemical novelties, but I believe that this is now no longer a valid source.

An intriguing (and perhaps theoretical) homologue of DPT is the 1-propyl counterpart, 1,N,N-tripropyltryptamine, referred to as PDPT. It is claimed that simply reacting tryptamine with an excess of propyl bromide put an alkyl group on the indolic 1-position (as stated also for the ethyl counterpart, sometimes referred to as EDET). In my own experiments with this reaction, I have yet to see any suggestion of 1-alkylation.

The homologue with only one propyl group on the nitrogen, N-propyltryptamine or NPT, has been made according to the same recipe, and is discussed under NET.

Most psychedelic drugs affect, primarily, the visual sense, but here is one that shows its effects primarily in the auditory system. And it screws it up in a most unlinear manner, in that there in not just a simple decrease in pitch which would be as if someone had his thumb against the LP record and made everything come out at a 3/4 speed text, or a 1/2 speed text. Actual roportionality is lost, so there is complete harmonic distortion.

A physician friend of mine has expressed it using a neurological vocabulary: "If it [the drug] delayed only the neural response to a stimulus, then pitch might have been shifted down, and yet harmony between notes should have been preserved. A variable delay related to the pitch of the stimulus would produce the disharmony but would not explain the preservation of normal relationship between single tones. It seems clear that this compound affects the auditory processing centers in the brain in a complex way which deserves further scientific study. The lack of significant toxic effects should make this compound useful for further studies."

I am in absolute agreement. Here is a drug that goes directly after the hearing system, rather than the seeing system. Let's stick a carbon 11 on one of those isopropyl groups, and see where the drug goes using the positron emission tomography camera. Will we highlight the auditory cortex? Or maybe some association area? But if we are indeed dealing only with musical pitch, not musical structure, there might be only a small part of that cortical region visible. This could well be a tool for two things. First, the localization of the pitch center in the brain. And second, it is a prototypic drug that might allow structural modification in several directions with several augmenting atoms. Some simple homologue might well have even more remarkable and specific properties. If you don't look, you won't find.

I have been told by an adventurous graduate student that a study has been made with two subjects who had absolute pitch, employing a piano and a sine-wave generator as a sound source. He wanted to explore the possibility that some relationship could be developed between the pitch of the note provided and the apparent pitch of the note perceived. No meaningful relationship was found, except for the reinforcement that the observed drop in pitch was not linear, in that true distortion rather than simple pitch dropping was always observed. Most interesting was the plot of the error for each note against the elapsed time. This provided what could be seen as an almost-quantitative measurement of the drug's intensity and chronology. Pretreatment with relatively small amounts of MDMA (35 milligrams, at between 1.5 and 2.5 hours before DIPT, at 55 milligrams) led to an exaggerated distortion, with an enhanced intensity that verged on being painful.

The homologue with only one isopropyl group on the nitrogen, N-isopropyltryptamine or IPT, has been made according to the same recipe, with the indol-3-yl N-isopropylglyoxalylamide (mp 199-200 °C from methanol) obtained in a 98% yield, and the amine hydrochloride (mp 245-246 °C from benzene/methanol) obtained in a 60% yield. The free base distilled at 130-140 °C at 0.1 mm/Hg to give a fraction that spontaneously crystallized to a very hard solid. MS (in m/z): C4H10N+ 72 (100%); indolemethylene+ 131 (60%), 130 (32%); parent ion 202 (3%). No active level has yet been found in man, to my knowledge.

Here is a rather fast-acting psychedelic-like drug, with suggestions of LSD action but with essential differences. It has a lot of things going for it. It is short-lived, a virtue in many people's minds. It may vie with 2C-B as a potential aphrodisiac. It is reasonably easy to synthesize. It is of a pretty high potency. The physical side-effects are minimal. These are the positive points.

But there are points that are neutral or actually negative, and they must be considered. A fair number of people who have explored 5-MeO-DIPT have said that there are some uncomfortable aspects with the experience. Not only are there few if any visual enhancements, but the altered state they entered was one that they simply couldn't use. They couldn't make intuitive leaps. That they were wasting their time.

On the neutral, but scientifically exciting, edge there is again some musical sound distortions that remind one of the actions of the analogue without the 5-methoxy group, DIPT. With DIPT, there was a physical harmonic distortion of the sounds that were heard. With 5-MeO-DIPT (again, two isopropyl groups on the basic nitrogen) these perversions involved musical character and interpretation. None of the comments suggested harmonic structure. I do believe that these two drugs, having such an intimate structural resemblance but with their different distortions of music interpretation, would be rewarding to explore more fully with the view of objectively defining these changes. 5-MeO-DIPT is a mixed bag. But it is a bag that I predict will demand a great deal of interest sometime in the future, especially if the erotic enhancement at a low dose proves to be a consistent property.

There is an interesting story associated with the first publication of the chemistry and pharmacology of this compound, in 1981. My co-author was a Michael Carter, in England. We had discussed a number of potentially interesting tryptamines and agreed upon making a small handful to make and evaluate. We had, some six years earlier, co-published a paper describing a new and exciting phenethylamine which we called 2C-B, and we expected to work together, in our separate labs, on a number of research projects. And indeed, I heard from Michael, from a new address, and he sent me his samples and reports of the new compounds we had decided to make, including 5-MeO-DIPT. Our synthetic materials were spectroscopically identical and the human trials had shown that they were very similar. Along with the samples and a letter there came the draft of a possible paper. I wrote back to Michael my own version of the paper, to his new address, and the letter was returned as undeliverable -- no forwarding address available! Again I sent it back, with full first class postage and a clear request to forward it if necessary -- and this time it simply never came back at all.

The issue sat there for a year or two, and I hoped that something would occur. Nothing. I finally wrote to the telephone company in London (Michael had said something about eventually moving up to London) and asked if they could possibly send me the addresses of all the Michael F. Carter that had telephone service in the greater London area. Bless their hearts, they sent back a list of twenty names. And a statement that they were appreciative of having the middle initial, as without that the list would have been in the hundreds.

I wrote to each and every one of these Michael F. Carter the same letter phrased in a way that required no answer if it was the wrong person, but which would inspire immediate answer from the right Michael F. Carter. No answer. Was he alive? Could some unthinkable thing have happened to him associated with his drug experimentation, either personally or legally? There was absolutely no way to tell, so Michael, somewhere out there, if you read this please drop me a note if you wish to and are able to.

So I left the paper pretty much with his ideas in it, crossed my fingers as I used my address for both authors, and sent it off for publication. The paper appeared and I sincerely hope that I did the right thing.

Here is a rather fast-acting psychedelic-like drug, with suggestions of LSD action but with essential differences. It has a lot of things going for it. It is short-lived, a virtue in many people's minds. It may vie with 2C-B as a potential aphrodisiac. It is reasonably easy to synthesize. It is of a pretty high potency. The physical side-effects are minimal. These are the positive points.

But there are points that are neutral or actually negative, and they must be considered. A fair number of people who have explored 5-MeO-DIPT have said that there are some uncomfortable aspects with the experience. Not only are there few if any visual enhancements, but the altered state they entered was one that they simply couldn't use. They couldn't make intuitive leaps. That they were wasting their time.

On the neutral, but scientifically exciting, edge there is again some musical sound distortions that remind one of the actions of the analogue without the 5-methoxy group, DIPT. With DIPT, there was a physical harmonic distortion of the sounds that were heard. With 5-MeO-DIPT (again, two isopropyl groups on the basic nitrogen) these perversions involved musical character and interpretation. None of the comments suggested harmonic structure. I do believe that these two drugs, having such an intimate structural resemblance but with their different distortions of music interpretation, would be rewarding to explore more fully with the view of objectively defining these changes. 5-MeO-DIPT is a mixed bag. But it is a bag that I predict will demand a great deal of interest sometime in the future, especially if the erotic enhancement at a low dose proves to be a consistent property.

There is an interesting story associated with the first publication of the chemistry and pharmacology of this compound, in 1981. My co-author was a Michael Carter, in England. We had discussed a number of potentially interesting tryptamines and agreed upon making a small handful to make and evaluate. We had, some six years earlier, co-published a paper describing a new and exciting phenethylamine which we called 2C-B, and we expected to work together, in our separate labs, on a number of research projects. And indeed, I heard from Michael, from a new address, and he sent me his samples and reports of the new compounds we had decided to make, including 5-MeO-DIPT. Our synthetic materials were spectroscopically identical and the human trials had shown that they were very similar. Along with the samples and a letter there came the draft of a possible paper. I wrote back to Michael my own version of the paper, to his new address, and the letter was returned as undeliverable -- no forwarding address available! Again I sent it back, with full first class postage and a clear request to forward it if necessary -- and this time it simply never came back at all.

The issue sat there for a year or two, and I hoped that something would occur. Nothing. I finally wrote to the telephone company in London (Michael had said something about eventually moving up to London) and asked if they could possibly send me the addresses of all the Michael F. Carter that had telephone service in the greater London area. Bless their hearts, they sent back a list of twenty names. And a statement that they were appreciative of having the middle initial, as without that the list would have been in the hundreds.

I wrote to each and every one of these Michael F. Carter the same letter phrased in a way that required no answer if it was the wrong person, but which would inspire immediate answer from the right Michael F. Carter. No answer. Was he alive? Could some unthinkable thing have happened to him associated with his drug experimentation, either personally or legally? There was absolutely no way to tell, so Michael, somewhere out there, if you read this please drop me a note if you wish to and are able to.

So I left the paper pretty much with his ideas in it, crossed my fingers as I used my address for both authors, and sent it off for publication. The paper appeared and I sincerely hope that I did the right thing.

This is the second of the two tryptamines known with the most appealing methylenedioxy ring bridge located at the two most sensitive ring positions of the indole nucleus. It, too, is an unknown entity. There is a single observation of an oral trial, and it suggests something of interest at 25 milligrams. Higher dosages might prove most interesting. There is no question that the methyl isopropyl homologue of this compound, 4,5-MDO-MIPT would be a rewarding compound to assay. As of the present moment, it has not yet been synthesized. It should be a relatively easy one to make.

There is an interesting parallel to be seen here. This methylenedioxy hetero-ring is snuggled as closely as possible to the ethylamine chain of the indole (the 4-position occupied by the nearer oxygen atom, and the indole chain at the 3-position). There is the same intimacy possible in the phenethylamine world. This would be realized by moving the methylenedioxy ring of MDA (3,4-methylenedioxyamphetamine) to the 2,3-location. Here, again, the nearer oxygen would be as close as possible to the ethylamine chain at the 1-position. This compound, 2,3-methylenedioxyamphetamine, has been made by several research groups, and has been looked at in man. At 50 milligrams, orally, it produced some pretty strong stimulatory effects, with no sleep found to be possible during the following 24 hours. But, on the other hand, it seemed to be devoid of MDA-like effects. This positional isomer was mentioned in PIHKAL.

There is no way to meaningfully extrapolate from this phenethylamine analogue 2,3-MDA to 4,5-MDO-DIPT, but it does present a very close structural relationship that could be used to justify a clinical study of this unusual tryptamine.

Ok so you just continued spamming, thread closed, moving to archive later today, on cellphone now

Status
Not open for further replies.