Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler

Gibberings CCIXV2 - And Now For Something Completely Different

Status
Not open for further replies.
Afternoon from me also EADD

Well done on making that step BCF, I hope it works out for you :) Just my opinion but id avoid methadone and be quite insistent about having sub's instead. I've used m'done but never rattled off it. I know plenty who have and its duration makes it hell.

Youd most likely get moved onto subs when you finally decide to finish maintenace anyway. Its just adding more unpleasantness than is necessary.. Good luck anyway

@ BCF. I agree with SM mate I'd choose bupe over jollop every time , iv messed about with both over the years and methadones vile stuff.
I'm lucky I'm a skinny fucker but I've got a couple of mates who are a bit chunky and they've put 3-4 stone on because of the jollop,Not only that but bupe helps limit your gear use and Imo is just better all round.
Whatever you decide hope things work out for you son.
All the best mate.
Got to go I'm over the park with the kids freezing.

Decided to resume posting now things have calmed a bit :)

Anyway I'd concur with the above....

While subs are no cakewalk to come off methadone is a bitch. It can be done if you looking at very short term use and an immediate taper (as fubar did very sucessfully) but if you're planning on being on maintenance methadone is a mistake. Although I was technically taking it for pain management and not maintenance it's basically the same thing. Methadone withdrawals are something you wouldn't wish on your worst enemy (unless a 6 month rattle sounds appealing).

Subs are definitely the way to go. Plus you will be unable to use on top which will give you extra motivation.

Thanks Tinker.... :)

Its like the Mary Celeste in here tonight.....

Quality over quantity indeed. Loved the Oz wines IN Oz. Spent a very pleasant week in the Hunter valley (extended due to forest fires in the blue mountains) some years ago.

What is amazing is the cost now for decent Oz Shiraz. There is Shiraz and then there is actually Shiraz (likened to Coke and actually Coke).

We get a lot of your crap in the UK now. The stuff they pump into big bags in shipping containers and then bottle here. Horrible headache in a bottle stuff. I have to pay upwards of £ 30 these days to get anywhere close to a proper one, which I don't because we do have much better bang for your buck with the EU producers. Rarely do I even bother with OZ wines because I know full well you keep the good stuff to yourselves.

Noticed on my trips your way prices have gradually increased dramatically too, nowhere near UK but looks like the Chinese effect has had impact on you too.

I still shudder when I think of watching a group of Chinese businessmen in Shezhen restrauant opening a bottle of Penfold block 42 and then mixing it with 7 UP / sprite. It was about £600 a bottle totally clueless but they do love their status symbols. However they will without doubt be partly responsible for destroying the industry by greed and over production and or pushing prices beyond the reaches of us mere mortals. Alas wine production is finite. Some vineyards in France are actually preparing to change grapes in certain areas due to global warming!!

Don't know if you get much NZ stuff but if you like your whites dry and full of fruit and flavour then you can't go wrong with a Chardonnay Greywacke. Same guy that developed cloudy bay and half the price but just as good if not better. Alas it could be short lived as Emirates finally realised how good it is for the money and put it in their business menu. All good things as they say.
Yes i think these days we do keep a lot of the good wines for ourselves as a lot of the really good producers are not in the high volume game and can sell out easily just from mailing list customers. If i was in Europe i wouldn't be drinking aussie wines as i prefer the European gear. I love Burgundy but the really good stuff there is now strictly a rich mans game but i buy some here and there from a friend that imports it at his cost price ( i did a lot of business with him when he was getting started and he now repays the favour). I love Cru Beaujolais..delicious stuff..poor mans Burgundy. Cotes du Rhone is another fav especially a producer Dard and Ribo..they make "natural" wines and they really are stunning. I also buy lots of Italian wine from all the main regions. And because a lot of the food i eat / cook is hot Thai food i buy lots of Kabbinet level German Riesling which is a perfect match for spicy food.

I still do drink lots of Aus stuff...smaller producers..generally mailing list gear. I never drink Penfolds out of principal because of how Fosters / Treasury wines have treated there customers with outrageous price increases year after year bearing in mind the huge volumes of Grange they produce. I do have some 71 Grange and St Henri my sister gave me on my 30th birthday..a six pack of each..still got 4 of the grange and 3 st henri's....i wish i could sell them as 71 was one of the greatest vintages ever for those wines and the grange is worth over 1k a bottle but being a gift i wont sell them. I will drink them with friends.Anyway a long boring wine post at 5:22am. What the fuck am i awake for? May as well go down the fishmarkets and buy some more rotting marine life to hide around FUBARs house.

Just dont bother taking any wine to FUBARs house....it's a known fact he only drinks white lightning, frosty jacks and superstrength polish lager (and methylated spirits) :)

Just dont bother taking any wine to FUBARs house....it's a known fact he only drinks white lightning, frosty jacks and superstrength polish lager (and methylated spirits) :)

Fuck right off! I do NOT drink White Lightning... ;)

Also, everybody is more than welcome to bring me wine anytime they like (though i'd prefer a nice sherry or port tbh).

BTW, you forgot to mention mouthwash.

The only things i take to FUBARs are dodgy tellys i need to unload and rotting marine life to add to his collection. What the fuck is Frosty Jacks anyway?

Cheap high alcohol percentage cider frequently consumed by teenagers, alcoholics and 3-FPM fiends...... :)

I once got called to Newcastle College where they were holding basic skills maths and English classes for the local residential rehab place for a guy who was doubled over in agony after drinking the entire contents of the alcohol based hand sanitisers in the bogs.......but I digress....

Oranjeboom 8.5 was my tramps piss of choice for a while.

Fuck it. May as well get up and have a coffee and cook a couple of bacon and egg rolls. Got to go to my old stomping ground the hospital today for work. Will drop into the old ward and say high to the guys. Apparently they have a new NUM ( Nurse Unit Manager) who is bean counting procedural nazi and the moral in the place has gone to shit. Glad i escaped when i did by the sounds of it. Still i will go in a wind em all up. Anyway coffee time.

Fuck it. May as well get up and have a coffee and cook a couple of bacon and egg rolls. Got to go to my old stomping ground the hospital today for work. Will drop into the old ward and say high to the guys. Apparently they have a new NUM ( Nurse Unit Manager) who is bean counting procedural nazi and the moral in the place has gone to shit. Glad i escaped when i did by the sounds of it. Still i will go in a wind em all up. Anyway coffee time.

We've got the CQC (care quality commision) in for an inspection this week so I'm on my absolute best behavior (especially since we failed their last inspection.....although that could hardly have been solely down to me :) )

We've got the CQC (care quality commision) in for an inspection this week so I'm on my absolute best behavior (especially since we failed their last inspection.....although that could hardly have been solely down to me :) )
Yeah we used to get audited by similar fuckwits..checking our patient care boards are filled in ( a white board you write your name on next to the patient with todays plan..ie..have a shower...some idiots bright idea ) etc. They never once asked the patients how the nurses were...just walked around with clip boards making sure hospital policy was being followed. As soon as they fucked off we went back to doing our jobs properly....patient focused not on stupid bean counting policy crap.

We had an audit last week. Of course now they have stupid new procedures like nurses not being able to dispose of sharps or the sterile flow that used to logically be a-b-c now must be c-a-y

I was told some sob story about someone with a depressed immune system suing because they sat next someone on the bus who was a hospital worker until I pointed out they would also have to sue the single mother whose child has a shitty nappy leaking over the seat

Evening all. Well, I'm feeling pretty ropey. Managed to plough through an eighth of ketamine for the second weekend running, and since my weekend only consisted of Sunday this weekend, I guess that could be considered excessive. Bladder and nostrils feeling like utter shite. Feeling pretty stupid, not even enjoying the experience massively most of the time any more but it's amazing how quickly you forget that by the middle of the following week when you think it'd be a good idea to get some more in for the weekend. Seems like whenever I have it now I just keep going until it's all gone. I genuinely feel for those out there with serious addictions and access to DNMs, it's just too easy to get hold of reliably whenever I want now. Ho hum. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.