• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Hppd

Weed is known to exacerbate HPPD, as well as other things such as depersonalization/derealization, schizophrenia, basically all sorts of mental disturbances.

So I have HPPD and it's proven very difficult to deal with but somehow I'm still here and functioning lol. I have abstained from drugs as a whole, including weed, and only drink very seldomly. Just trying to eliminate everything I can to help heal myself. So my question is, I'm wanting to take oxycodone soon and was wondering what the general consensus would be on that? Would it be a terrible idea and fuck my hppd up even more? Im not looking to get high, I just got braces recently and have been in so much pain I can't talk at work. Naproxen , Tylenol, etc is not touching it. I'm intending on 5mg on a full stomach. Thoughts?
what all visual disturbances do you see or what is it like??

My friend says he has HPPD he says he sees floaters but very few says he see the outline of the top mountain of the mountain when he looks at it then looks into the sky he sees a sparkle in the sky at times when he stares at the sky for a minute he sees color when he blinks his eyes fast and rapidly then sometimes a blue dot he says but he says it don't happen often but he was reading a lot on HPPD I don't really think he knows what it is maybe he's just claiming or got it in his head is that HPPD or normal visual phenomenas

He also says he sees like a things around the lights he says there not halos but he says he only sees them when the car is far but as the car gets closer he doesn't see it he sees what the lights usually look like

I've noticed all of those things my whole life. I used to really be fascinated by floaters as a kid. If I stare at anything for a minute, now or when I was a kid or any other time, it starts to change colors or do other weird shit. That's not HPPD, as others have mentioned, psychedelics can make you more aware of these normal perceptual quirks.

No, that's not HPPD. For your condition to classify as HPPD, it has to significantly impact your life. For example, many people who experience HPPD can't drive because the road twists around from their perspective. Many people can't see in the dark due to visual snow. Many people can't go to sleep at night because they see bright fractals on their eyelids. What you're experiencing sounds more like the after-effects of hallucinogen use, which will almost certainly disappear after a month of abstaining. Give yourself some time. Get adequate rest, eat a well-balanced diet, get some daily exercise and try to take it easy.

No, that's not HPPD. For your condition to classify as HPPD, it has to significantly impact your life. For example, many people who experience HPPD can't drive because the road twists around from their perspective. Many people can't see in the dark due to visual snow. Many people can't go to sleep at night because they see bright fractals on their eyelids. What you're experiencing sounds more like the after-effects of hallucinogen use, which will almost certainly disappear after a month of abstaining. Give yourself some time. Get adequate rest, eat a well-balanced diet, get some daily exercise and try to take it easy.
Does weed make this last longer and is weed a hallucinogen

Is seeing outlines of things after u look at them anything to be concerned with or is that just normal visuals

Can anyone tell me what HPPD is like symptoms visuals and feeling?? Also can anyone tell me what type of drugs cause HPPD?? How many uses does it take to get HPPD

hey i need some advice aswell.

1 week ago i took 1/4 of ecstasy and 3 hours later 1/4 again. I didnt feel too much about but i did feel it a bit. (pill was not tested)

And i have done some weed a couple a times but thats it.

Now the next morning after taking the ecstasy i was scared i did some brain damage too myself and searched the internet. Then i stumbled across hppd and was looking if i got any of the symptoms.

- I do have the visual snow 24/7 since i read about it.

- Lights do have a little glare to it and have starshapes (not much just a little)

- Lights also give afterimages for 1 or 2 seconds (i guess thats normal)

Now im scared i have hppd. Maybe im overthinking... I have OCD and am always anxious about shit ton of stuff. What do you guys think?

Also when i got home my pupils were dilated so i looked into lights when my parents talked to me... Did i maybe damage my eyes?

By the way it doesnt effect my daily life. Well kind of because im so scared i fucked up but i can do everything.

You probably induced this anxiety in yourself imo. The op probably have a light case of it thought.