• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Snorting wellbutrin

Michaelritchie30

Greenlighter
I found taking wellbutrin orally fun, and instead of taking dxm as I had planned. I decided to snort 2 of my wellbutrin sr 150 mg tablets via insufflation. Felt absolutely nothing. Went out to smoke a cigarette. About half way through smoking I was hit with a rush I'd say is about 75% that of methylphenidate and feels very similar. It might be the weakest of the dopaminergic stimulants but I'd say it beats out the two weakest opioids, tramadol and codeine, in terms of euphoria. Curiously I found myself compulsively redosing like people do with mdpv and mephedrone. Right as of now i'm up to 7 tablets. I actually heard a male voice say "Mike, don't take another one of these tonight." I still feel like i'm tweaking but most of the initial euphoria is now gone. Here are my questions: About how long after appearance of first effects before the comedown and is the comedown harsh? How much is too much? Is there any way to bring back the euphoria and stimulation besides more wellbutrin? In any case, I don't think i'll be getting to sleep tonight! Honestly I think this stuff is underrated.

word on the playground is snorted wellbutrin will burn like something nasty anyway

there is nothing to be gained, just eat it

It used to be prescribed at ~700mg until people started having seizures. Then it was withdrawn from the market, and reintroduced at lower doses. Conceivably, it's safe for people without seizure disorders at 450mg, but this is extended-release. Some people get prescribed 600mg, but again, not all at once.

If you're hearing voices, that means you're definitely leaving the "harmless" amount, and progressing into psychosis. If you're using the over 1,000 milligrams you say you are, you could very likely also have a seizure.

There's way too much pill binder in most forms of wellbutrin. I know what you mean about compulsive re-dosing though-In a pinch I used to shoot these up for a 'pseudo coke' high, which always left me feeling fucking horrible, but unable to stop until I either through out my wellbutrin or couldn't find another vein, because the stuff trashes them. It's really a terrible drug for recreational purposes, and you can definitely feel when you are getting into dangerous territory with it.

I found taking wellbutrin orally fun, and instead of taking dxm as I had planned. I decided to snort 2 of my wellbutrin sr 150 mg tablets via insufflation. Felt absolutely nothing. Went out to smoke a cigarette. About half way through smoking I was hit with a rush I'd say is about 75% that of methylphenidate and feels very similar. It might be the weakest of the dopaminergic stimulants but I'd say it beats out the two weakest opioids, tramadol and codeine, in terms of euphoria. Curiously I found myself compulsively redosing like people do with mdpv and mephedrone. Right as of now i'm up to 7 tablets. I actually heard a male voice say "Mike, don't take another one of these tonight." I still feel like i'm tweaking but most of the initial euphoria is now gone. Here are my questions: About how long after appearance of first effects before the comedown and is the comedown harsh? How much is too much? Is there any way to bring back the euphoria and stimulation besides more wellbutrin? In any case, I don't think i'll be getting to sleep tonight! Honestly I think this stuff is underrated.

Crash comes pretty damn fast with intranasal bupropion, and doesn't take too long to get through. Terrible for your snoz, that shit and the high is not really worth it, ime.

Ive heard of snorting things like Wellbutrin causing brain anurysims. Be careful

There's way too much pill binder in most forms of wellbutrin. I know what you mean about compulsive re-dosing though-In a pinch I used to shoot these up for a 'pseudo coke' high, which always left me feeling fucking horrible, but unable to stop until I either through out my wellbutrin or couldn't find another vein, because the stuff trashes them. It's really a terrible drug for recreational purposes, and you can definitely feel when you are getting into dangerous territory with it.

Z.... That sounds absolutely horrifying.

I've heard of people snorting and shooting this stupid drug. I've been desperate to get high before but this takes the cake lol

Never underestimate the depravity of an IV drug user with no real drugs around. I am slightly embarrassed to even admit that I did this, and for as long as I did, but for the sake of harm reduction-I'm willing to humiliate myself if it can stop someone from doing these awful things. What gave me the idea was some study on mice and IV bupropion lol-genius.

I snorted these things several times, and the only time I could find the buzz somewhat enjoyable, is if I could avoid a sneezing fit followed by blowing my nose so damn hard I'd thing my brain might shoot out with all the snot. But when it did actually work I just kind of likened it to a psudoephedrine /weak coke buzz. I also did it out of boredom while at a treatment center when someone offered me a line of it. Not my cup of tea

seriously, this is a waste of time. yes, it does give a buzz, but the high is garbage, is very dysphoric, scores a 2/10 on the euphoria scale AT MOST, and causes many uncomfortable side effects. I've plugged this at least half a dozen times and i always got the same results. the other people posting here are not lying; don't even bother trying to make fun with this one, you won't get anywhere. but you're probably going to have to experiment at least once to believe it for yourself so go right ahead and share your trip report with us later...

I've heard of people snorting and shooting this stupid drug. I've been desperate to get high before but this takes the cake lol

Bear in mind that oral Bupropion is effectively just a prodrug for the non-dopaminergic Hydroxy-Bupropion, while snorting/shooting it will prevent the massive first-pass metabolism, letting you enjoy the NDRI effects of Bupropion proper. Probably still a garbage stim though.

Long time reader, first time posting.

I specifically created an account to make sure I spread the message about snorting wellbutrin. DO. NOT. DO. THIS!! SERIOUSLY. DO. NOT.

The burn will make you wanna shove a garden hose up each nostril. The drip tastes like an unwashed truck drivers ass. And the high? 5 minutes of complete and utter anxiety that will freak you the fuck out. Yeah- expect that.

I know you're probably looking for a fix, but this is one you'll wanna just walk the fuck right on by without stopping. Don't pass go. Do not collect $200.

During times I rather forget I have also resorted to snorting Wellbutrin when I would run out of Adderall. It would keep me stimulated for a while but eventually I felt like shit so I stopped doing it. It's up to you but I do not think it is the best thing to be doing.

I never told anybody this but I've gotten stuck snorting my bupropions. I don't really get much of a high from it but for some reason I'm compelled to snort them, about 2 or 3 a day. There is something habit forming about non oral buproprion. Sometimes I get a small focused buzz from it.

Last edited:
Bupropion IV is a substituted cathinone like hexen or MDPV, and a dopamine reuptake inhibitor, rapidly metabolized away.

Bupropion PO is a prodrug for hydroxybupropion, which will cure all your nicotine-related problems, unless you really use nicotine to function.

Thanks ksok, for bringing your anti-insufflation message, from safe in the mists of 2016, to the hot hot present.

I think I'll go hide it back in the archives.

Please do not snort welbies unless you are in jail. This should be beyond a last resort to get high!

This sounds terrible. A repeatable, illogical, dysphoric experience that makes you want to do it again? That's kind of scary .