• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Nutmeg safety info (stuff I left out on in the last thread)...

Rogue212

Greenlighter
I like nutmeg due to its similarity to marijuana, except it's effects are much more intensely euphoric than even some of the best weed. It was almost an out-of-body sensation. It was even somewhat spiritual in a way. But then again, that was only with the whole, not the preground. And this was also not without months of experimenting until I finally got the right dose. I first started with preground, since i was a noob. I first started off with two teaspoons, and kept trying to go higher after each day. The correct dose of nutmeg to get you high varies by person, and the same amount it takes to keep someone blazed for two days straight may not be the same amount it would be for someone else. After attempt after painful attempt, I laid off it for a while and thought it was a hoax. About a year later, I got interested in it once again, and this time started taking the whole. I started with the same dose I did with the preground and moved up first by one tablespoon after at least 24 hours, which got me high, though it took 11 hours to kick in and didn't last long. I then took 3 tablespoons after that and finally found the correct dose. The high lasted two days with a one day hangover, which wasn't too bad. It was mainly just disorientation, which the disorientation I get for whole is nowhere near as bad as that hangover I got with preground that one time that I actually managed to get high on preground (I took a whole 3.4 oz. Container, the high wasn't even worth shit). The only effects I got with preground was bad motion sickness, nausea and hearing voices. It took 6 - 7 hours to kick in, while that time I took three tablespoons of whole, it took only 3 - 5 hours and lasted much longer and was much more pleasant. But then again that's my dose, it could be different for you, and it doesn't just depend on your weight either.

I really don't know what chemicals they put into the preground shit that makes the effects of it so much more different than that of whole, but I do know that with whole, you have to take it as soon as you have ground it up, because of the main oil that is in nutmeg that gets you high (myristicin) is highly volatile and could easily evaporate into the air the longer you leave it unattended. I don't really know what they do to the shit to preserve the oils in it to prevent it from expiring, however you're better off without the shit than you are with the preground. There is another chemical in nutmeg called safrole, which is thought to be toxic to the liver, though I've done nutmeg dozens of times and never had any problems with my liver, even with the preground shit which has only god-knows-what put in it to increase its shelf life. I've only gotten high off nutmeg three times, with only one of those times the trip was actually worthwhile.

As for the taste, it is probably the nastiest shit you will ever taste in your life. I have quite a strong gag reflex, but with this I almost barfed at times. How I usually take it is by taking a tablespoon and scraping the lot into my mouth, pinching my nose and swallowing it down with a beverage, usually and most preferably, soda. The drinks I would recommend the most are Mountain Dew Code Red, Pepsi and Fanta Cherry (or maybe Strawberry). I would NOT recommend downing it with any kind of coffee, because it makes the taste SO much worse! I heard that downing it with coffee makes the high kick in a lot sooner, though I don't think it's worth it, unless you want to feel sick for the rest of the day. And even though pinching your nose, while it may minimize the taste as most as possible, however it won't work with preground, as the taste and smell is much stronger for some reason, and even if you freshly ground it yourself, the feeling of it in your mouth is unpleasant to say the least, and you would still taste it somewhat when you swallow it and definitely when you swallow too much in one go and choke if you're not careful. You also may need to breathe out your mouth a little in between the sips. You might blow a little bit of dusted nutmeg out, but don't worry about this though. And even though the raw ground nutmeg may not taste as bad as the preground, the feeling of it in your mouth alone is skin-crawlingly nasty.

As for other ways you could take it, some would say smoking, which would make sense, as with combustion the myristicin is getting into your blood stream a lot quicker via your lungs than it would when being slowly metabolized in your stomach. I've smoked nutmeg before, though I didn't have really any effects. Maybe it was because I didn't smoke enough or maybe it was because I was using preground. But I'd still consider smoking a pretty shitty or at least an unusual route for administering nutmeg. Don't snort or inject nutmeg either. It's best taken orally, regardless of the taste. Though I do remember the taste being far less worse when I was smoking it from a bowl that one time. But then again, I wouldn't take any other administering for nutmeg except through skin contact with the oil. Nutmeg is known to be an aphrodisiac, and has been shown to cause arousal when rubbed on the penis. I'm pretty sure nutmeg oil can dissolve through skin and get into the blood stream that way, but personally, I would still prefer the oral route. I would just drink a certain amount of it, preferably with a chaser.

Some people say that to mask the taste of the nutmeg, it's best to mix with water, milk, lemonade or maybe some other kind of beverage. The truth is, nutmeg is not water soluble, and even if it was, no drink would be able to mask the taste, due to how strong, nasty and overpowering the taste of raw nutmeg is. While you can mix it in with hot cocoa or make a tea out of it, both in which I've tried, and I can honestly, it didn't do anything to the taste except make it slightly easier on the palate when swallowing. There are other ways though that may work for masking the taste (none of these I've tried, but I might sometime when I do it again). You could put the powder into a bunch of capsules, assuming that you have a capsule machine with enough capsules in it to allow you to down your intended dosage of nutmeg without having to taste it. Another method that I've heard that works is to mix with Apple sauce. I would recommend scooping one teaspoon (or if you have enough Apple sauce to mix in and completely mask the taste with, then one tablespoon) and eat all the Apple sauce and repeat until all the nutmeg is gone. If at some point you can taste the nutmeg strongly, then I would suggest to just add some more Apple sauce until the nutmeg has been completely mixed out and covered to where the taste isn't very present (make sure you mix well also).

If you don't have a coffee grinder or a nutmeg grinder or anything like that, you can just do it like how I did and take a cheese grater and grate it into a fine powder into a bowl on the side with the tiny holes. I would not recommend using a mortar however, because you'll just be left with a pebbly/chalky consistency that you would have to chew first in order to swallow, because you can't really get it into a powder (or at least I wasn't able to). And trust me, there is NO WAY that you could chew nutmeg without tasting it and heaving.

As for the interactions, I would say to avoid smoking weed before taking the nutmeg (unless it has already died off before dosing), during the wait, during the high or even after the high, during the hangover. Weed and deliriant don't go good together in general anyways. It'll make you feel like you're going to lose your mind! As for other stuff, I'd say lay off of the alcohol and maybe even avoid taking other deliriants and psychedelics and pretty much any other drug except medication that you're being prescribed. Cigarettes are fine, so is sugar and caffeine, though I would suggest you drink more water, as you stay better hydrated, since you will get some pretty bad cottonmouth on this stuff! Some people would recommend the nutmeg oil more than the preground and even the whole, since it has less reported toxic effects (since there is less safrole in nutmeg oil). I've personally never tried nutmeg oil, so since I've got no experience with that, I might look into it later. But from my experience, the whole seed is the best! LONG high, when taken in the right amounts, and less of a shitty feeling you get. I would say that if you want to go for more of a marijuana like high, then try the whole. If you want more of a hallucinogenic high, then go for the preground, though take note that it's nothing like acid or shrooms and is hardly enjoyable at all, since the hallucinations are usually vivid and frightening. Whole nutmeg at its peak is incredible, though it does have some of its negative effects. One is that your eyes get REALLY red. They get so red to where it's painful. It feels like you've gone 2 hours without blinking, because it gets so dry! There are other negative effects, which I mostly explained in a different post, I'll link you to it if you want me to.

If you're getting into nutmeg, I would suggest buying the whole seeds, grinding them up and starting off with two teaspoons. Wait for 24 hours for the effects. If it's been a day and no effects have came, you can move up the dose to however much higher you would want it to be until you find the right dose.

Hope this helped! :)

Btw, this is the link to the previous lengthy article I've written about nutmeg more than a while back with my older account before I lost my password and created the one I'm currently using now: http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads...rmation-from-a-pseudo-experienced-nutmeg-user

As for how I know the correct nutmeg dosage for an individual does not depend on weight is through comparison of the amount I took with the amounts other people have taken. I've read on a trip about a 200 lb guy took only 2 teaspoons of ground raw nutmeg and tripped pretty hard. I'm 150 - 160 pounds and 2 teaspoons doesn't do anything for me! I think it's much more complicated on what determines the right dose for someone. I've done more experimenting with nutmeg than tripping. And the reason I made this thread is basically to clarify some things that may or may not have been so clear in the first post that I linked to above, perhaps stuff I've gotten wrong (though probably only slightly wrong) and mostly to add some more information that I left out in the first post.

Honestly, the way it's metabolized seems so puzzling, it almost makes you wonder if it might be toxic. The stuff just seems very strange and mysterious. Nobody even knows what causes the effects, because it's not myristicin.