• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(100ųg LSD and 900mg lithium) - First Time - deadly experience that changed my life

kimjongdill

Greenlighter
(100ųg LSD and 900mg lithium) - First Time - deadly experience that changed my life

LSD and lithium- a deadly experience beyond all
I wanna start this off by saying do not ever try to take psychedelics while being treated with lithium

It was December 22nd, 2012 and I had been on 900mg of lithium carbonate and 2000mg of depakote for bipolar which turned out to be a misdiagnosis for a year at this point. I went to my best friends house because my good friends had acquired two pages of actual LSD for the first time(RC's are very common in my area). We tested it so we knew it was real! I had never done LSD before, even though I was experienced with psychedelics. I had done shrooms countless times, I had broken through on dmt and Salvia multiple times, and I also love 4th plateau dxm trips(insane). So I thought nothing of it. I love bluelight so of course I read about lithium+LSD and it said out of this world experience and seizures, but I got carried away on the trip aspect so I decided it was worth it, little did I know what I was about to go through.

I decided to take it, i was the tester of the batch and the only person who dropped. Then I take a hit of the declaration of independence blotter, preparing myself to meet George Washington and the 2nd continental Congress. As soon at it touched my tongue, my girlfriend and I went to pick up a friend that lived very close. When we got back to my best friends house, I wasn't feeling anything yet so we turned on a movie.
Of course, my deranged gf put on a weird violent movie called hobo with a shotgun. It's a trippy movie but it's violent, not the kinda movie you want to see while tripping.

I started to feel it, 1 hour after taking it. I started to get really really intense echoing of every noise. It sounded like life was transmitted to an amplifier that had 5 microphones(that each went to amps) in front of it. And each one of those amps went to 5 more microphones and so on. The fractal of sound amplification was crazy,but after 5 minutes of that I started to psychologically trip. My perception transformed into a trance of universal vibrations and as soon as that happened, a guy in the movie got his head smashed by a hammer on one of those strength games where you hit the target with a hammer and a piece of metal goes up and hits a bell. That made the vibe very dark and I got spooked so I asked my gf to come smoke a cig with me.

I somehow made it outside. At that point, I was tripping beyond comprehension. I was going backwards in time, forwards in time and standstill in time, all at the same time if you can try to imagine that. I also remember feeling the color red in my head and I was coming in waves. I think it was my brain telling me that something was wrong.
I have no idea how I finished that cigarette but I did and also managed to make my way back upstairs.

At this point I was broken through, it blew breaking through on dmt and Salvia out of the water. I was not only reborn in an alternate universe, I was a universe, I was experiencing existence at its prime. I could feel every vibrating string that made up the membrane that was me.
My friends said I started to laugh hysterically then put my head in a corner.
And that is where I had a grand mal seizure.
It lasted 8 minutes.

My friends called the paramedics. When I came out of the seizure, I was so gone that my friends said I threw them off of me and was screaming complete nonsense. My friends were trying to calm me down but my fight or flight response had kicked in because I was broken through and they were trying to keep me sitting to stay calm.
That backfired, I was fighting with all my life. They said I was stronger than normal (can be a side effect of seizures), and after I threw them a few times they gave up and just decided to watch me and make sure I don't kill myself before the medics get there.

The paramedics came and so did 4 policemen. One of the cops questioned my friends while the other 3 came to restrain me. My friends said that the 3 cops came at me and I went insane, the 3 cops could not get me. I wrestled In highschool and I was upstairs in a hallway that was 4ft wide between a wall and a tall banister so I had good leverage. Plus I had extra strength from the seizure and being in fight or flight mode. After 5 minutes of keeping them off me, they gave up and decided to wait for back up
During the mayhem, I was in a different universe fighting the environment I was thrown into, the one thing I remember vividly is this feeling of pure terror, it still haunts me today when I reflect on it. I was fighting with everything I had against something so foreign. It was so scary, I was a newborn to this new place and it was trying to destroy me. It was the most primal and instinctual feeling I've ever had. I imagine it's the same feeling that all animals experience when they become prey to a predator.

More police showed up and 9 came at me and they eventually got me on the ground and into handcuffs. My friends said that I was brutal lol, and I gave those 9 cops a run for their money. Once in handcuffs, the paramedics came to me and gave me a haloperidol shot in my ass. Well that literally did nothing and they had to wait 20 minutes to give me another one. During that time, I was using all my strength to try and pull my hands out of the handcuffs. I remember the paramedics saying "Dillon calm down" repetitively in my ear, but that was alien to me being in the state I was.

This part of the trip was the worst, I was restrained and had no idea what was going on and I remember that feeling of pure terror hitting it's peak. I was in complete panic for my existence(I don't say life because I was not in life anymore). I was a fly caught in the spiders Web.

After the 20 minutes passed, they hit me with the haloperidol again and it made me go unconscious long enough for them to get me on a stretcher and in the ambulance.
I became conscious in the ambulance but I barely remember it, probably from the high dose haldol. I do remember what happened next tho.

We got to the hospital and that had to transfer me from the stretcher to a bed.
This took every nurse in that whole wing hahaha it took them 10 minutes to overpower me and tie me to the bed.
They tied one arm behind my head, the other tied to the side of the bed so they could put in an iv and both of my legs were tied to the bed. My family then came. Looking back, I scared them to death, they watched me freak out and try to get out of the restraints for 4 hours until the antipsychotics made me comedown prematurely. It was humiliating, apparently I called my grandma a whole and told her to suck my dick. My mom said at one point towards the end, I went on a 20 minute screaming rant trying to get the smurf out of my head.

When I came back to this world, still tripping but not broken through, I realized what had happened. It was so scary, and I was ashamed. They took out my catheter and untied me. My wrists were absolutely fucked. They were 3 times as thick as normal from swelling and were black and purple. They hurt so unbelievably bad even though couldn't feel my thumb or pinky. I actually teared up from pain which was a first.
10 hours later, I was released from the hospital. I was amazed that I wasn't in jail for assault on a police officer or even resisting arrest. I got lucky as fuck.

It was a terrible experience. The trip was far beyond anything that I had experienced or ever will experience. My description of what it was like is no where near what I really experienced. The hallucinations were crazy but the feelings and emotions that I felt are what really changed my outlook on life.
I was never the same after that, it changed my life. I don't know if it changed for the better or worse but I learned to never push my luck with drugs and that there's much more to life than what we think and are taught. I felt feelings that I never could have imagined, and they were so intense that they affect every decision I make now.

I played with the devil and was lucky enough to survive with only destroyed peripheral nerves in my wrists. It took 6 months to get feeling back in my thumbs and pinkies but that is a very minor price to pay.
I easily could have died.

Please don't ever experiment with drugs while on lithium, or any psychotropic prescription drug that is.
YOUR BRAIN IS NOT A TOY!!!! DON'T TEST ON YOURSELF OR PUSH YOUR LIMITS!!!! ITS RECKLACE AND CAN BE FATAL!!!! I'M EXTREMELY FORTUNATE THAT I'M ALIVE!!!! I KNOW MANY PEOPLE THAT WEREN'T SO LUCKY!!!(((

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_lithium
substancecode_lsd
substancecode_lysergamides
_combo_
explevel_firsttime
exptype_negative
exptype_healthissues
exptype_bodyload
exptype_difficult
exptype_disaster
roacode_oral
roacode_sublingual

Last edited by a moderator:
At least you ended up in a hospital rather than a police cell. I cannot think of a worse place to have a bad trip. Glad you made it through. Ever had those times you've been so high for so long you never think you're coming down?

It was a terrible experience but it changed me forever
My perspective on life was forever altered. I wish we could record brain activity and dreams and ideas
Words can never describe certain experiences

Yeah, lithium is a fickle drug. So many things can react badly with it from alcohol to even some foods and over the counter pain and cold meds. Scary and moody thing lithium is.

It was a terrible experience but it changed me forever
My perspective on life was forever altered. I wish we could record brain activity and dreams and ideas
Words can never describe certain experiences

Change how?

I guess you're lucky not only to be alive (I guess even apart from the trip that can change a person), but also that those 4 cops didn't find your pages of acid. Your friends made sure of that?

Nothing but 5ht 2c targeting psychedelics have really been a problem

Care to elaborate?

Made an account on this site just to reply to this. Earlier this year I also had the experience of LSD and lithium. But I didn't go to the hospital or worse, probably since I was only on 200mg lithium and 300mcg of acid. It has been 3-4 months and I'm still researching about it, trying to find out what the fuck happened, trying to see what others say (I remember one post that said their friend died!), and trying to find out if I could have had permanent brain damage from it.

I have to agree with all of your statements about this trip. It is absolutely insane, definitely the worst of worst trips. I still don't completely remember all the details of the trip. It is as difficult for me to remember as a childhood memory; the difficulty of remembering is more pronounced than a normal LSD trip. Prior to this I had several non-lithium LSD trips, so I know how it was supposed to feel like. I was thinking so much this time that I had the feeling that my brain was getting hot like your muscles get hot when exercising them. I perceived time as non-linear. Sometimes my experience of my actions such as, say, getting up to take a piss, would occur out of order in my perception. I was taking the piss at the toilet and then walking to the toilet, and I can't tell you the true order in which those actions occurred, or if there were a true order at all. There was a cacophony of schizophrenic chatter in my head. Eventually I tried my best to meditate, to focus on one thing to calm down the chatter, and that's when I think I had the grandest revelation I ever had in my life. Calling it ego death would be selling it short, calling it enlightenment would be ridiculous, explaining it would be impossible, so I'll just leave it at that.

After the 8-10 hour mark, the most extreme part was over, but the fear just begun. Usually LSD trips would end at this point and I could fall asleep. But no, I would stay awake for an additional 8-12 hours in total shellshock. It was either some effect of the drug combo, or it was psychologically produced, but I was in a consistent, frightened state--without tripping--that I can only describe as the rest of the night after you just saw your brother killed in battle because you hesitated to shoot the enemy soldier behind him. Going out for a long walk didn't solve the problem. Toward midnight (about 28 hours after dosing), I felt the fear was going to disappear soon because I was getting tired. I watched a familiar movie I had watched a dozen times and tried to fall asleep to it. I did. The next morning I woke up and decided to never again take mind-altering substances.