• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Baseball 2016 v Stand Up and Ring your Bell

NeighborMike

Bluelighter
With the year turning and spring training coming up its time to get excited!

yankees made their first big play and picked up chapman today! 8o

Oh man I was just about to start this. Good looks.

44 days to pitchers and catchers.

Let's talk baseball and for us New Yorkers slap a trigger warning on the NFL thread.

Chapman, legal issues aside, is a great pickup.
With 7-8-9 like that you are looking at any quality start being the Yanks game to lose.
Rotation wise though picture is not so great, need an arm and a bat too tbh.
Miller to Mets for a starter might make sense but would be a heartbreaker for me or worse if Chapman gets along supension
Early though. I think we have potential to get it together to be a legit threat.

Chapman legal issues is a weird and unpleasant one and could come to bite the Yankees in the ass
(and not because anyone gives a shit what Christine Quinn Melissa Mark-Viverito same difference thinks) but that's why he came so cheap
Also if he is served with X number of days suspension this actually helps us in terms of his upcoming free agency

So interesting, interesting stuff.

Basebal from start to finish is just great to have for such a good part of our year.

Its a great pick up cause of the quality of pitcher he is...his legal issues cause problems but that might keep him out of arbitration so we might save some money
But damn it we need a start! I hope we get that kid from miami they have been talking about that since winter meetings

Fernandez?
would be a great pickup especially since he's not into free agency till what 2019
at what cost though?
Miller + one of the big three prospects? + Gardy?
painful but might in the long run be worth it
been a lot about developing prospects vs making big moves and in latter part of last season we saw some of it pay off
same sort of developing paid off big across town despite the fact that sports radio was lit up every year with "the mets have to make moves"

got MLB network's pre-pre-pre coverage of hall of fame announcements rolling in the background
some interesting stuff
will ken griffey jr be first to reach 100%?
will the younger voters start to get over themselves about PEDs?
etc

given the power who would you send?

me:

Griffey Jr
Bonds
Clemens
Bagwell
Piazza
Raines
Mussina
Schilling
Tramell
Hoffman

I am ignoring years on the ballot considerations etc because I am too lazy to look it up

Last edited:
Ken Griffey Jr. without a doubt

He's the greatest baseball player of all time hands down. Considering the era he played in, and never cheated the game. Not only was he an incredible hitter, but one of the best (if not the best) defensive player of all time

may be the 1st unanimous vote ever
deserves it tbh agree
remember idolizing him as a little kid even as a yankees fan

we will find out in a few minutes

only 2 selections wow

Piazza and Griffey Jr

if I had to chose 2 that might be the 2

only 3 curmudgeons voted against Griffey Jr lol but setting highest % votes record

they just showed him getting the call on MLB network
very understated reaction

Clemens & Bonds up a lot
Bagwell & Raines close
Trammel's last chance 40 something feel bad

man what an excellent Hall of Fame class

obviously have to mention Ken Griffey Jr. remember how much of a mega star he was, back in the day? dude was like the Jordan of baseball

but my personal fave inductee would go to Mike Piazza. perpetually one of my favorite ball players, throughout his entire career. dude was the reason that when I started playing baseball, as a kid, I immediately knew that I wanted to be a mother fuckin' Catcher (no homo)

man what an excellent Hall of Fame class

obviously have to mention Ken Griffey Jr. remember how much of a mega star he was, back in the day? dude was like the Jordan of baseball

but my personal fave inductee would go to Mike Piazza. perpetually one of my favorite ball players, throughout his entire career. dude was the reason that when I started playing baseball, as a kid, I immediately knew that I wanted to be a mother fuckin' Catcher (no homo)

Are you sure it isn't because you three (axltwin) look so much alike?

the fact that he my spirit animal surely has something to do with it?

I remember trying to ferociously grow a beard, just like Mike, in the 90s. sucks I had to wait till my balls dropped for that to even happen!!

Football's over, so my avatar's back in Pinstripes.

Since this thread so far has been mostly me & Mike talking about the Yankees (and the HoF) ... ;)

Just ordered my partial season ticket package :D Bluelighters who might want to catch a game with me should hit me up.

2v16gk8.png

Super bummed to see the kid Bird injured and probably out for the season ... kid has potential. Worried about Tex staying healthy at 1st. Off the field issues (which I never really saw as my business) aside can't wait to see Chapman here and this might be the greatest 7-8-9 in memory. Castro way better than the lackluster selection of second basemen (Stephen Drew, anyone?) we saw last year and can get shifted around a bit fnfield if need be. Waiting to see what Ellsbury can do.

Interesting talk about ARod playing a bit more infield. He showed us last year stepping up and focusing on baseball and not the bullshit. #FORG1V3N, lets see what 2016 brings, Babe Ruth in sight and all. High hopes for him and hopefully as a rest the other guys can get some time at DH too.

Everyone talks about his need to work on defense but I am excited to see more of Refsynder.

Do we really consider, pricetag aside, Tanaka our ace? It's Pineda's title to lose tbh and a there's a pretty good argument for Eovaldi.

Truck Day bump.

Get in here, baseball fans. What has your team been doing in the off season? What do they still need to work on? Which players, trades, free agents. rookies, call ups, whomever are you particularly excited about? What do you expect to see once the beginning of the season comes around>?

Also wondering if anyone would be interested in BL fantasy baseball. I started a thread about it for anyone who's down.

Promising 26 yo Mets righty reliever Jennry Mejia banned for life, the first player to be so under new CBE, for testing positive for PEDs. What, you might ask? Something new and exotic? Nope. Boldenone, better known as Equipose, an old school anabolic steroid. TJ Quinn about sums it up:

2hdtrn9.png

Like "shoplifting an elephant" indeed.

Really, really, profoundly stupid.

- Arietta signs w/ Cubs for 1yr/$10.7 mil

Promising 26 yo Mets righty reliever Jennry Mejia banned for life, the first player to be so under new CBE, for testing positive for PEDs. What, you might ask? Something new and exotic? Nope. Boldenone, better known as Equipose, an old school anabolic steroid. TJ Quinn about sums it up:

2hdtrn9.png

Like "shoplifting an elephant" indeed.

Really, really, profoundly stupid.

- Arietta signs w/ Cubs for 1yr/$10.7 mil

that dude literally must have had no help when it cames to taking supplements
how do you crash out this bad?

Baseball 2016 vs Americas Pastime

Opening day 2016.

Brew crew is rebuilding.. I think im going to join my kiddo and pull for cub nation this year.

cubs_300x300.jpg

EDIT: yeah I know they are in my division

Last edited:
LOL.. really didn't look at this until just now. Is the curse going to end ????

WS futures 2016

Chicago Cubs +500
San Francisco Giants +800
Toronto Blue Jays +1000
New York Mets +1200
Los Angeles Dodgers +1200
Boston Red Sox +1400
Kansas City Royals +1400
Houston Astros +1600
Washington Nationals +1800
St. Louis Cardinals +1800
Cleveland Indians +1800