• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

April Getting/Staying Clean/Sober Thread v. The Snow is Melting!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks CH:). yeah i'm just saying fuck it and going to cold turkey out.. what a wretched addiction.

I have to quit smoking as well. My liver doctor says that it is one of the things that is really bad for the liver. It is just so hard. I have a carton...after that I will get nicotine gum, which really helped me the other times I quit.

7 weeks no heroin.
burying my dead friend on monday who left us because of h..
gonna be sad but its a good kick in the butt to stay fucking focused.
one life. no second chances.
its been 7 weeks and i am still in CHRONIC foot/leg pain from when i compressed my nerves when i overdosed and laid for 8 hours on my leg :(

^Pain response is so elevated in early recovery. I remember stubbing my toe the second week in detox, didn't even cause any damage, and I was on the floor with tears. Now I could do the same thing and barely notice. Should ramp down in under nine months or less.

I found a full pack of cigs I had no idea was there this morning and addicted out.. so I will begin tomorrow morning instead.

Trip: One thing that always blew my mind when I was quitting opiates was that colors were way more intense. Did you notice that?

this morning, i'm heading out on a trip out of state for three. this is the first time i've traveled in a while. i've been trying to get myself used to the idea for a few days b/c one weird side effect of recent stuff--maybe trying to get clean, maybe intense therapy--is that i've gotten agoraphobic. it's not like TV agoraphobic (like on Twin Peaks), where one ray of outdoor sunshine makes me gurgle and cry. But if I'm away from home for more than about an hour, i start to get anxious. the longer i'm out of the house, the worse the anxiety gets.

since i work at home, this hasn't been too big of an issue yet. today may be a different story.

has anyone else out there developed agoraphobia during tough times? i've asked a few people and so far i'm the outlier. just curious if it's any kind of "normal" part of PAWS or something like that.

8th week on my oxycodone taper and over halfway to be done. I haven't taken even a single time more than my tapering schedule allows and neither have I taken any benzos or other CNS affecting drugs. Yay.

Status
Not open for further replies.