• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

What Are You Listening To? XXVIII - Foolsgold Will Be Forever Embedded in Our Hearts

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have a bedtime i don't need to come, for i have become an amphetamine bum...

Absolute classic right there. What a gem :)

Shambles, i can't recommend the Fugs enough.
The amphetamine-soaked music that existed somewhere on the cusp of "beatnik" and "hippie" but was really a precursor to punk.

Some prime examples;
The Fugs - CIA Man
The Fugs - Defeated

So rough and dirty and subversive.

Also, i adore "Rise" by PiL. Fucking brilliant.

To top it off, legendary F&B first took LSD at a party that had the Fugs - Slum Goddess From the Lower East Side playing (couldn't find album version on youtube).

EADD trivia gold right there.

"Slum goddess, gonna make her my bride".

Wow, that's classic. Thanks for that bit o' trivia :)

Got a little sidetracked chasing down versions of this one. Edited highlights include...

Massive Attack - Protection (Quiet Village Remix) - absolutely scrummy ultrachill version

Massive Attack - Protection (Brian Eno Mix) - also rather lushy but of particular note for being one of the very rare occasions where a Brian Eno remix is not the most chilled version

Everything But the Girl - Protection (live) - fairly unremarkable version beyond the fact i've never heard ebtg playing it themselves

Massive Attack vs Mad Professor - Protection (No Protection Remix) - off the 'no protection' dub remix album

Massive Attack - Protection (Underdog's Angel Dust Mix) - rather different to any other mix i've come across. also rather good

Massive Attack - Protection (Flood 2K Remix) - also pretty different... and it's flood so...

Massive Attack - Protection (White Label D&B Mix) - not always the biggest fan of d&b but rather liking that

I could go on... I'd probably best not though :eek:

<3

Midlake - Rulers, ruling all things

Glad to say it still sounds good, even without G. I was a bit concerned about that. It seems that music doesn't have that completely engrossing and absorbing almost orgasmic ecstatic & exciting quality anymore, compared to listening to with G at least, but that's something I'm gonna have to get used to for the vast majority of the time.

I was listening to radio 6 for about 4 hours late last night on a stim come-down, pumped full of gabba b meds; i caught the end of Marc Riley, then Tom Rasencroft, Lauren Lauvern, and The Atlantic Records Story, and really enjoyed all 4 shows. I'd recommend the Atlantic story to anyone remotely interested in musical history, blues and artists like Otis Reading. I'll try and d/l it somehow to listen to again later, as there was a lot of great music that i can now put a name to. It'll be on i-player, i dunno how long for.

Last edited:
just been getting into this new indie band called Blossoms, super liking they're track 'Charlemagne'

Status
Not open for further replies.