Writing-up Perceptions and Personal Beliefs Related to Legal High Use (online survey)

LegalHighsPhD

Greenlighter
Hi,

I am a PhD student at London South Bank University and I am researching personal beliefs related to legal high use. If anyone has time, I'd be grateful if you could complete an online survey which takes about 15 minutes. This would really give us some interesting insights into various types of drug use and what sort of factors influence people's decisions whether or not to use a particular type of drug. I'd like to encourage a broad spectrum of people to take part in this research project (regardless of whether they have taken any legal highs or illicit drugs before). This is an international study and no restrictions on country of residence exist.

The study has been reviewed and ethically approved via London South Bank University Research Ethics Committee (ref. 1457).

Many thanks!

Ursula

As a token of my appreciation, all respondents will be entered into a prize draw for a £50 Amazon voucher (if you wish to do so). The draw will take place on Wednesday 1st June 2016 . The results will be available after the submission of my PhD thesis during 2017.

If you are interested in taking part, please follow the link below and feel free to share it with others.

https://qtrial2014.az1.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_eXJiiVK3FUEHwsR

If you would like to discuss any aspect of this study, please contact Ursula Blaszko via the private message system or email:[email protected].

Still recruiting!

Hi everyone,

The study has been extended until August 2016! I'd be grateful if you could complete my questionnaire which takes about 15 minutes or share information about the study with your friends.

Many thanks!

Ursula

You answered a series of multiple-choice questions about yourself and your understanding of legal high use. In particular, you were asked about your personality type, impulsive behaviours, reasons behind legal high use and the expected consequences from legal high use. You also answered several questions about your history of legal high and other drug use, in particular the number of times taken and the average amount used (if any).

I find it somewhat funny how at the end of the survey it tells you what you had done (as if you had forgotten, due to a drug-induced blackout or such). Pretty good survey though. How's that thesis coming along?

I find it somewhat funny how at the end of the survey it tells you what you had done (as if you had forgotten, due to a drug-induced blackout or such). Pretty good survey though. How's that thesis coming along?

The summary at the end of the survey is needed in case there is confusion as to what was measured and why. ;)

The thesis is coming along nicely. The amount of information is mind-boggling and a lot of meaningful findings are coming out from the entirety of the research. Now, all I have to do is to put it all together... 8(=D;)

Could be my phone. (Windows crap) but its glitching quite a bit. I'll try again on my netbook. ��

Thanks for letting me know. I am sorry it was glitching on a mobile version. I checked it on a couple of different phones but it's possible that the mobile version doesn't work on all phones. I'd really appreciate it if you could try the desktop version and thank you for your interest!

Also, a big thank you to everyone who completed the survey!!! 120 responses in just a couple of weeks. I really appreciate your interest and I hope I can share some interesting findings with you once I analyse the results.

Many thanks!

I completed the survey and I must say there is ALOT of remembering to do in terms of drugs you taken and you have to be specific too I really had to think in it

-Streetcow

I completed the survey and I must say there is ALOT of remembering to do in terms of drugs you taken and you have to be specific too I really had to think in it

-Streetcow

That's what I liked about it. The frequency and scope of drug use is as important as just the fact that the person had used something.

Alright so on the second (or third) page where it asks you your age, I put in my age, and it asked me for my email in that slot.
Did this happen to anyone else? They only let me click onto the next page after I had entered it.

Hi Gunship, I am sorry you experienced a glitch in the questionnaire. I tested the software several times before I started inviting participants to make sure that it run smoothly. Unfortunately, an error has appeared afterwards but I have now corrected the entry format to numeric. The only thing that comes to my mind is that the software update mixed up the type of entry format so I have double checked the other questions just in case and the questionnaire should be in working order now.

Thanks for flagging up the issue!

Streetcow, thanks for taking the time and effort to fill in the questions about drug use. I appreciate that thinking about past drug use takes a lot of effort and the questionnaire may seem like a lot. The difficulty involved in thinking about past drug use is exactly why there are several questions about it to make sure that they all point in a similar direction and I can be as accurate as possible in drawing conclusions. It also means that a more complete picture of legal high use and other drug use can be drawn from the data rather than reducing it to one or two characteristics.

Thanks for your comment! It's very true that there are different ways in which it is important to consider drug use, not just what was used but how, by whom, to what extent, why etc.

That's what I liked about it. The frequency and scope of drug use is as important as just the fact that the person had used something.