• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Anyone else do this on meth?

Roxxiyoursoxxi

Greenlighter
SWIM bites their nails really badly, and SWIM notice after a day (Swim snorts) the skin around their nails harden up, almost like crystallized. And SEIM gnaws at that too, wondering if that's normal, or if anyone else does this?

They are probably just calloused from the biting before, just like if you were trying out new shoes and they rubbed your feet in a weird way. Do you have anxiety on meth? Nail biting is a pretty common symptom of that. Not sure how to help you stop, I did similar things on high doses of amphetamines. As for the oral stimulation, maybe keep around gum/cigarettes if you are into that.

This isn't my exact issue, but swim started recently for ADD, and sleeps all day when fully medicated. 6 big hits, a meal and a long nap. Then right back to it. Also, lotion for swiy's fingers might help a lot

I don?t know anything about that problem. But when I?ve taken adderall, I can obsessively pick, poke and prod at anything.

This isn't my exact issue, but swim started recently for ADD, and sleeps all day when fully medicated. 6 big hits, a meal and a long nap. Then right back to it. Also, lotion for swiy's fingers might help a lot

LMFAO wtf your first post since joining in july 2017. Welcome!

SWIM isn't allowed here ladies and squirts. it's no biggie, we aren't going to judge you.

here's why: Someone who isn't me (Use of this term is discouraged on BL; it is used on some forums in an attempt to avoid incriminating oneself, e.g. "SWIM is considering manufacturing meth, what does SWIM need to know?". There is no evidence that this provides any protection from legal repercussions, and it makes your posts hard to follow. Also, many people switch between "SWIM" and "I" in the same post. Finally, you shouldn't be incriminating yourself (drug synthesis, dealing, etc) on Bluelight anyway)

i rub the tips of my nails against my cuticles, it's borderline O.C.D. but i know it's not. only happens when i do stims or uppers. i use to have to hold my teeth together in a certain way. i've seen people blink their eyes a lot or in certain patterns, shaking their foot or leg more than just like doing it casually and a few other ways. some pick their toes or toe nails then there is the obvious face picking. it's habits and tendencies we all have when using, anxious or nervous.

not to get serious on you just be aware i've seen what happens when you do that too much, had someone bleeding for a few days and got infected. heard the urban legends of someone losing a finger but i call b.s..

some take it as a sign to quit or take a break when they are doing this all the time, especially when they're not aware of it and catch themselves doing it. other than that just don't freak out about it, nothing wrong. it's the way the brain works.

specifically i think it has to do with one part of the brain being over active and another part in reserve mode. also how the stim affects the nerves. i would have to defer to another member on that.

The more your nail beds get bitten or injured, the more the body will produce keratin which is the hard stuff that finger nails are made of. The keratin will be deposited on the skin around the nails in order to make it tougher, so it will just keep getting harder and harder. That's what happens with foot callouses or ones on the palm of the hand with weight lifters.

The only way to stop it is to stop the habit.

This doesn't happen to me at all. I don't bite my nails while I am on meth.