Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

methadone - Experienced with opiates - too much on accident

TeaBee

Greenlighter
This is my 1st post and I don't want to fuck this up too much so i'll say, swim recently quit/ranout of oxycodone(20-100MG HABIt) so eye went to swim and got some methadone and as someone who only taken done a few times in life , swim didnt want to OD and so swim took about exactly 25-30 mgs. The problem is a buddy accidently gave swim 100mg instead of 25mg somehow, this was yesterday and eye felt close to OD/death but just ended up getting a really big high and fell asleep about 5 hours after the "dose". Does anyone know the recomended dose to go into "overdose" on accident? Note swim was a little scared after taking the full 100mg of methadone being swim only taken done 2-3 times ever. (just trying to not be sick).

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_methadone
substancecode_opiates
explevel_inexperienced
exptype_negative
exptype_healthissues
exptype_difficult
roacode_oral

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi. There's no recommended dose to go into "overdose" by accident. Clearly consider yourself lucky, and don't drink or take benzos for a few days, it's a big no no as done's half life borders on 4 days.

Hey there, we don't allow the "SWIM" thing here, reason being it doesn't do anything to protect you and it's annoying to read. With a large daily oxy tolerance you probably weren't really actually close to death, you just got pretty fucked up. You're fine now, right? Consider yourself lucky and lesson learned. :)

Yeah sorry, I kinda didn't catch the part you're talking about oxy. Yeah you've got a tolerance, but 'done is sneaky like that. You wait 24 hours and BAM another opiate wave. It has a stupidly long HL. Be careful with methadone folks.

Good deal. Thanks for the info. Yes I am 94% fine about. Also def. didn't take any benzos for a day or 2 after so all worked well in a sense. God speed to all the bluelighters out there. Bluelight has helped many times with random info. from "google". :) Getting high is fun but no one wants to OD on Done , seems like that would be pretty bad.

For future reference there are Opiate Conversion charts that measure the various strengths of different opiates. If I may offer one piece of advice it would be opiate overdose with or without benzo`s is the result of respritory failure, your ability to breath becomes so relaxed, especially when you go to sleep and lose consciousness that your breathing response shuts down which kills you. Your best and perhaps only chance of survival besides an appropriate dose of Narcan and/ or trip to the hospital is to stay awake. Luckily your dose wasn't fatal . However countless others never woke up. In the Opiate game one step to far can take you over the edge.

I'm glad you did not OD.
Becareful with methadone, it is very easy to OD on if you take a high dose and fall asleep.
Never mix it with a benzo too!

If you ever feel like you're going to OD use narcan if you have to just to be safe!
It sucks getting that nasty narcan shot but it could save your life!

Be safe my friend!