• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Share Something Positive About You Day vs. Good Things Happen Everyday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all I got the job!! I start on Aug. 1st. This is what can happen when I/WE stay off the drugs. I've been so nervous waiting to see if I'm getting hired that I haven't slept in days. I'm exhausted. I'll check in with you guys later.?

Hey all I got the job!! I start on Aug. 1st. This is what can happen when I/WE stay off the drugs. I've been so nervous waiting to see if I'm getting hired that I haven't slept in days. I'm exhausted. I'll check in with you guys later.?
Superstar legend. Knew you would. All the congratulations. :)

Gardening in the sun. Although I did weed whack through a snail and the gunk flew up and splattered over my face. Instant karma.

Slept all night long. Feeling pretty restful after a very busy day.
Did not have to use Seroquel. I guess we have some good nights afterall.

Woo Seroquel, that's a strong one. I did not have a good reaction to tat med. anyway, nothing special just glsd to be clean and sober today. When I think about where I would have been this time of day years ago it makes me shriek. I would have been hurting myself and others. I'm not religious but thank God he pulled me out of hell. I have not legy the house and I'm perfectly at peace. I do have to run out in a few but that's ok. Hope y'all are having a wonderful day!!!

^ I know the feeling closeau. Only 'God' knows where and how I would be if I have continued.
Sleeping is my only seriuos issue. It's very difficult to have a good night of sleep or 6 hours straight.
And Seroquel is indeed too strong, too heavy. It does make you sleep but it lasts like all day long.
It gives one these lethargic feelings I dislike so much.

That's why I'm so happy when I can sleep without any meds at all. It's like a blessing.

I wish I could sleep without my Meds. 3 in particular help me. I'll be s crazy insomniac . Maybe one day God will see fit for me to sleep naturally . We'll see. Good post

^^^It's interesting you guys are talking about sleep issues. I'm having a very hard time getting sleep. I'm lucky if I get an hour or two a night. Usually from about 4:30-6am I doze off for a bit. But I'm in bed by 10-11pm.

Lack of sleep is a major reason I got addicted to opiates. I could finally sleep at night! I am so glad to be off the drugs but man, I need some real sleep soon! Have a good one guys.

^ I suppose I can say the same about benzos. When I first started using benzos it was prescribed by a doctor, I was not well at school and often quite sleepy during the day. At that time, there were studies saying that you could go on and on with benzos as long as you were supervised and changing them to another one every 8-9 months. Some of doctors from that time never see their patients 30 years ahead. At some point, I realized that only few meds prescribed by psychiatrist would be feasible. They don't make you feel good, on the contrary but it works and you don't have to worry about addiction.

This very similar situation also happens when you have chronic pain and/or are submitted to extensive surgeries. They prescribe all sort of hard core painkillers when you are the hospital and accompany your case for few months. It's seems that it's not his or her problem to follow up with what they have prescribed. They don't check if you had a history. They make several surgeries a day and their patients stay with them for a limited amount of time, after all they are surgeons so as long as the post surgery is treated accordingly, your problems are someone else's problem. It's not their problem if you got addicted to it. And that is a big issue for me because I know that I will need this sort of surgery for the rest of my life.

Well, it's Sunday and a beautiful day outside.

^^^It's interesting you guys are talking about sleep issues. I'm having a very hard time getting sleep. I'm lucky if I get an hour or two a night. Usually from about 4:30-6am I doze off for a bit. But I'm in bed by 10-11pm.

Lack of sleep is a major reason I got addicted to opiates. I could finally sleep at night! I am so glad to be off the drugs but man, I need some real sleep soon! Have a good one guys.
Have a chat with your doctor dude. I'm on 30mg Mirtazapine a day, not because I'm depressed but because I'm also a proper insomniac. My mum took amitryptaline for similar reasons. I could always fall asleep fine, but would reawaken a couple hours later and that would be that. On the mirtazapine I sleep like a baby. A cup of Valerian tea also helps me get a nice dozey feeling before bed.. :)

I have used Mirtazapine 45 mg. The only medication that works for me is Seroquel, as little as possible bc it might cause you sleepiness during the day.

^^^ mirtazapine also worked wonders for me but I don't have a doctor at the moment. I will as soon as I get health insurance. Diphenhydramine was working for me for a time but now it isn't.

I think I'm overly stressed about the new job. I have been on some type of opiate at basically every job for the past decade. I felt perfectly comfortable sober at this place during my two interviews so I'll be ok. I'll get sorted out!

^^^ mirtazapine also worked wonders for me but I don't have a doctor at the moment. I will as soon as I get health insurance. Diphenhydramine was working for me for a time but now it isn't.

I think I'm overly stressed about the new job. I have been on some type of opiate at basically every job for the past decade. I felt perfectly comfortable sober at this place during my two interviews so I'll be ok. I'll get sorted out!
You are sorted out, I think it's epic! Maybe try doxylamine (unisom). It's similar to diphenhydramine, but better imo for sleep.

My dog is finally well and happy. He was sick for almost one week - getting old faster and faster..:\

I looking for a new place also and am pretty excited about the move and new chapter.

I have some good music comming up and am looking forward to that.

That's great NSA! Feels great, eh? I got approved for my apartment (with a co-signer of course lol). My life has changed drastically for the better since I put down the skag and took control of my life.

I also dropped down to .25mg of sub 4 days ago. I felt a bit off the past two days but I feel fine today. I listened to all of your advice and stuck with my taper.

I don't post all that much but I read many posts and take heed when advice is given. Thanks ???

Status
Not open for further replies.