• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Share Something Positive About You Day vs. Good Things Happen Everyday

Status
Not open for further replies.
The heat of summer is mellowing out and it's not roasting out.

Work is going well..

Really good talk with my son a few days ago has me smiling still

^ Our children are my greatest joy! <3

My car repairs were approved by the insurance today.
Now it's only a bit of money, more money to be spent in something totally unnecessary. Oh well, shit happens.
I'm glad no one got hurt..

Good things... good things... this day had no good things, except if you consinder a good thing that it could have been worst.

I dunno yet. Nothing real good on my end.

Well, I found some more hydros.

And gabapentin, but I'm hesitant to use because I like my synapses.

So I guess that's a good thing.

I'm grateful bc it's one more day closer to being with my children. I've never looked forward to something so much. I've been out there for long visits but this different bc I'm staying for good. My daughter is 10 and my stepson is 13 and he needs a male influence for sure. It's so good it's getting close cause life sucks right now where I'm at. I mean like really sucks. That's all I'll say cause this is a positive thread. Being a full time father will give me a sense of worth which I need right now. When I'm down I just visualize my little girl running to my car. Then my journey will be over and I can start living. I've been thru a lot in my life and now it's time for joy!! 1700 mile drive so I better find joy, lol. I'm out

I'm grateful bc it's one more day closer to being with my children. I've never looked forward to something so much. I've been out there for long visits but this different bc I'm staying for good. My daughter is 10 and my stepson is 13 and he needs a male influence for sure. It's so good it's getting close cause life sucks right now where I'm at. I mean like really sucks. That's all I'll say cause this is a positive thread. Being a full time father will give me a sense of worth which I need right now. When I'm down I just visualize my little girl running to my car. Then my journey will be over and I can start living. I've been thru a lot in my life and now it's time for joy!! 1700 mile drive so I better find joy, lol. I'm out

Close -

Thats awesome that you are able to move to be close to your children! And at such an important time - you guys need each other it sounds like - not that a child doesn't always need their parent, but they are at such a critical age.

When is the big move actually happening? Are you all prepared? I'll bet the kids are so excited to have you physically close to them!

I try to read all of your posts because we seem to have a lot in common regarding chronic pain issues. I plan to join in on the chronic pain mega thread as soon as my quit date rolls around. I will be in an excessive amount of pain with the rebound pain that is so awful during the acute phase, and I know that there are people here (like you!) who know how it feels and can offer support and encouragement.

Congrats for making positive life-changing decisions that benefit you and your family!

- VE

Thanks VE. I'm leaving first week of Nov. I have couple of things holding me here in NC till then. I'm getting things together so when moving day comes it goes quick. I rent a loft in a house and it's been drama all year. Right now I have place to myself cause my landlady is in jail, lol. Like I said, drama. So I got her 4 dogs and my cat to care for. I'm on disability so I have time to prepare for move. I'm gonna get shit outa here with my buddy then pack car and clean up here then I'm going to a hotel for the night so I can sleep in a bed and have a hot shower. Shower here is messed up which is stupid and I sleep in a chair. I have to sleep at an angle bc of my ostomy bag. When I sleep flat it's leak city. I can still prop up in a bed though. Tv too. Our satellite is out now. Crazy, huh? I'm in withdrawal too so I'm not getting a lot done as you can imagine man. I'm headed out early next morning. I'll stop when I'm tired but I've drove this before so gotta push it at points. I'll have my little Yaris packed and my cat in there so ityl be interesting. I'm just looking forward to pulling out of this driveway for the last time. Ahh, such sweet relief that will be. And then pulling out of this shit city the next day, more relief. We do need eachother bad and I'm so very excited to end all the traveling and just be with them. They have changed me just by existing but being in their life every day will have a profound effect on me. Just in time too bc I've been falling into bad habits again lately. I put the reins on but I'm struggling big time. So this is perfect and I will not bring addictive habits out to my children. I still have a lot of making up to do with my son for being an abusive drunk with him. He remembers. It's cool though. We're gonna go snowboarding and well straighten it out. I'm excited.

It does seem we have a lot in common. We def should stay in touch. I'll PM you shortly. The only thing worst than chronic pain is acute pain bro!! Thanks for your kind words. Take care!!

My girl was saying she doesn't won't to talk to me again, and didn't answer my calls. Today I asked her to pick the phone up to tell me what realy pissed her so we solve this, and finally she texted me back and explained me what pissed her and told me that she is still angry and it's not a good idea to talk now just to avoid a fight, but she will call me when she calms to go for a drink and talk about it.

^ Yes I get that sometimes. Even if we aren't really sure of what this is all about it's best to wait for a better moment and see what's the problem and how to solve them.

Despite of few computer problems and having my car towed, this weekend was really restful. Too bad I have to wake up so early tomorrow.

8 months alcohol free today and about 1 month on a vegan diet. Feeling more positive about the future and finally forming a reconciliation with my estranged Filipina wife.

As a vegan I feel like I'm growing a new body. I feel stronger in my arms and chest and I don't feel hungry all the time like I did before (I was semi-vegetarian for several years, eating fish, chicken occasionally, eggs, butter then about 3 months back I quit the fish, then the eggs, then the butter).
The difference in results that I'm seeing between adopting a vegan diet and a mostly vegetarian diet has been a real eye opener for me. Animal products were really dragging me down in so many ways.
Once I allowed my metabolism time to adapt to the new circumstances I found to my surprise that I don't need to eat as much food. I was initially worried as a 5'10 male weighing a little under 10 stone that I was in danger of becoming a walking skeleton but soon after I made the change..a week or so later I wasn't feeling hungry all the time and my weight was stabilizing and I felt more solid.. Going to try to move to totally raw diet as soon as I can.
Feels good.. I feel like my third eye is coming to life and I have more intuition, feel more patient and tolerant. I know only good things are going to come of this. If you have been thinking about trying it I urge you to give it a go. Even if it's for entirely selfish reasons and you don't care about animals much there are so many good results from doing it. Sorry if this comes across as at all preachy, I just feel the need to share what I feel is helping me to be a better person.
Peace

Last edited:
scheduled several appointments that ive been procrastinating on and took a nap!

way to go vegan Gary! wish i had the time and discipline..

A toxic relationship has ended

I'm happy for you NSA. These relationships can take you so far and at times you simply can't manage to end them, despite how toxic they can be. You seem to be quite independent and strong when it comes to moving on/forward. Just be who you are and you'll be fine. ;)

Have been selected to real nice work trip in September!! I'm looking forward to it.

Well, my day was shit bc I'm in withdrawal. I ran out early. Being an addict and alcoholic I know what that means so I've decided to taper off the opiates. I will fill my script Friday and that's it man. I'll be in pain but I already am bc of my tolerance to them. So that's good. I also think I fell in love tonight. Long story but just with one sentence she got me. So we'll see. I feel like I'm in school again, lol. Hope everyone is well!

I'm happy for you NSA. These relationships can take you so far and at times you simply can't manage to end them, despite how toxic they can be. You seem to be quite independent and strong when it comes to moving on/forward. Just be who you are and you'll be fine. ;)

Have been selected to real nice work trip in September!! I'm looking forward to it.

Thanks Erik..

I think the woman that my heart generates in my mind got hit by a train or died in a huricane years ago.

always the same woman.. though she ages in my mind as I do..

What she is is so rare she probably does not exist..

If she is real I wonder if she has concluded I don't exist either.

^:)

I'm heading for the desert (and an obsidian flow!) with my son. I'm excited--I love finding cool rocks.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.