• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Penta Fentanyl ?

MBRC

Bluelighter
Hello ! since af was banned my friend has penta fentanyl now. i cant find ANY info on this except a couple people mentioning it wasnt great. Has anyone tried this ? its been around for a few months now ? thanks

This must either be really new or just not studied, I can find little information on this. I'm very interested if anyone has info on this though, if I can find an fent anologue that's cheap I'd love to replace my heroin habit with it.

fuck, I know i'd been gone two years, but it's shocking to me that all of a sudden fentanyl analogues are now legal and easily accessible. It seems insane.

Hello ! since af was banned my friend has penta fentanyl now. i cant find ANY info on this except a couple people mentioning it wasnt great. Has anyone tried this ? its been around for a few months now ? thanks

You mean Valerylfentanyl / Pentanoylfentanyl ?
Acetylfentanyl (2 carbon side chain) and Butyrfentanyl (4 carbon side chain) are already significantly weaker than Fentanyl proper (3 carbons), so it's not surprising that the 5-carbon homologue turned out to be barely active at all.

I found this
I'm guessing the name you're looking for is Valerylfentanyl. Sometimes called Pentanoic Acid, or TCE, which are both very inaccurate names that refer to very different chemicals that are about as far from something you'd want to consume that you can get. I'm guessing the name "Penta-fentanyl" came from the misnomer Pentanoic Acid. I'm still really not sure where the name TCE came from.

As for discussing the chem, it's basically Butyrfentanyl with an added carbon.

So lets talk chemistry and neurochemistry. To make the drug legal again, they have to add the carbon (or something else) to the Acyl chain. The Acyl chain is very important for mu-receptor activity (aka the good opiate effects you're looking for). For chems to be activate mu-receptors, they need to be able to bind which means they need to be able to fit. Basically it's like you're trying to fit a puzzle piece into the receptor to match the receptor's shape. The reason Butyrfentanyl is so much weaker than regular Fentanyl is because it's a modification of Fentanyl's structure, one that fits well with the mu receptor agonist. In this case by replacement of the N-propionyl group by another acyl group (by the normal analog nomenclature, regular Fentanyl would be called Propionyl-Fentanyl). This means Butyrfentanyl doesn't fit well with the mu-receptor. Some people still buy it I'm sure, but from what I read, it's basically a waste of your money.

Now take a step forward, and they've added a carbon to the Acyl chain on Butyrfentanyl, so this will make the fit even *worse* than Butyrfentanyl, which is already weak enough. So my guess is that this analog will be very weak, and require a significantly higher dose to get the usual opioid activity. Although the required increase in dose to achieve the positive effects also means that there will be an increase in negative side effects.

Now that's not to say I'm right. I don't have a degree in chemistry nor neurochemistry, and I don't think even those who do would say with certainty without research if the effects are more/less/equal, but that's my educated guess.
from chemsrus

Edit: later on the guy who bought a few grams of it says, that it's bunk

Last edited:
newish and researchable

I saw this discussion today as I was researching it myself. It is used in coronary bypass heart surgeries, as my mother just had one this morning. It must be quite strong as my mother's been on multiple pain meds due to her heart over the years and even Darvocet didn't knock her out like this did.

To
kleinerkiffer: it is PentaFentanyl by the way not whatever you assumed it was. Just because you haven't heard of it doesn't make someone else wrong, you should think of that before you talk down to someone next time and then proceed to lecture them as if you had a degree. Like you said you are no chemist and I can only assume where your info came from and what your background is which gives you no legs to stand on.

To
kleinerkiffer: it is PentaFentanyl by the way not whatever you assumed it was. Just because you haven't heard of it doesn't make someone else wrong, you should think of that before you talk down to someone next time and then proceed to lecture them as if you had a degree. Like you said you are no chemist and I can only assume where your info came from and what your background is which gives you no legs to stand on.

1. I didn't lecture anyone, I just posted a quote
2. Could you give a link to a source saying that PentaFentanyl is used in coronary bypass heart surgery ?
IUPAC name: N-(1-phenethylpiperidin-4-yl)-N-phenylpentanamide (what's sold as PentaFentanyl)
IUPAC name: N-(1-phenethylpiperidin-4-yl)-N-phenylpentanamide (what's sold as Valeryl-Fentanyl)
Formal name:N-phenyl-N-[1-(2-phenylethyl)-4-piperidinyl]-pentanamide (cayman chem, Valeryl fentanyl)
They are all the same....

To

Easy there Killer. If you are going to speak to a moderator publicly about a slight mistake, you had better be polite. I don't care if your new. Read the rules and PM him to talk. If you cannot PM, ask him to PM you. Understand ? You will not be warned again.

Recently I've been doing this powder that's looks like crushed diamonds. My friends that have had proper CW say this stuff isn't it. It makes the more shot out people who do it get swollen ankles/legs. I seem to be able to do it w/o those ill side effects. I feel there's no possible way it's really H, because I can sniff a big line or do a quite small (by my standards) shot and get high like I'm not even on my 120 mg Methadone dose. But after being tested I came up positive for Morphine and Codiene, but I don't understand how this is possible, this shit feels nothing like the Heroin I'm used to. I can't even cap the rig before I'm out.

I don't think you can get a false positive for opiates from this because fentanyls are not opiates but opioids with a very different structure. Drug tests don't test by finding drugs that act the same but ones that look the same or nearly the same. It would have to be an antibody test that pretty much uses mu-opioid receptors...

To

Could you provide a link? Because I'm legitimate curious.
The only Google hits I'm getting are for "Pentylfentanyl" / "Pentanoylfentanyl" / "Valerylfentanyl".

Are you sure you're not confusing it with "Pentazocine", another synthetic opioid (that is apparently indeed used in cardiovascular surgery)?
Is "Pentafentanyl" the actual name of the compound, or a brand name (maybe for a combination product containing both Fentanyl and something starting with Penta- ?)