• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc The (LOPERAMIDE) diaries...

Well im guessing everyone is quitting/going through the withdrawls of lope. No one posts anymore. Im occasionally taking lope. Never more then 60mgs and never in consecutive days. Ive been migitating with kratom. i had a blurry week with clonazepam and it effected my sleep for the past week, still dealing with the lingers. Has anyone tried poppy seed tea? I am hesitant on trying it, for its hard to get and can be expensive. Feel like I rather stick with kratom. Hope op and others share where there at. Im not sure if they started changing the quantity sales in the midwest.

The opiate epidemic is way more complex then the heroin epidemic in the 60s and cocaine epidemic in the 80/90s.

I have loads of lope as I usually always buy a pack of the chemists own brand which are the same as the expensive ones but a lot cheaper but I got my pure codeine dispersable prescription only tabs and a bottle of linctus mmm as for the immodium prob will only use your them in an emergency or I have to intake sorbital or something or I think of a new creative experiment let me know if you have any ideas:D

I guess its time to find another megathread. Well guys, add me as a friend here and feel free to msg me. I will occasionally check.

I've got an idea since there are so so many people struggling with loperamide addiction AND lots and lots of people looking to hop on the loperamide train to ride out withdrawals from other opioids, I wanted to start a thread that was all about the possible negative health effects, possible complications, and signs and symptoms of these complications that come with high dose loperamide use. A place that would lay out all of the currently known health problems sustained high dose use of loperamide causes, and then an in depth description of what the health effects are, what they do, how loperamide causes them, and then symptoms of these health effects along with advice for seeking medical help/treatment.

Obviously I'd make it a point to stress *NOT ACTUAL MEDICAL ADVICE, SEE EMERGENCY PROFESSIONALS IF YOU ARE SICK* and that I'm not a doctor. Also, I'm going to make it a point to make the thread in such a way that people reading it wouldn't see the advice given in the thread as a substitute for real medical help and advice, because I know that if I can avoid seeing a doctor, I'm going to avoid seeing them, despite it being a real stupid idea on my part. '

Would anyone be interested in this? And if so, I need some guidance on it:
1) Would a thread like this violate any of the points in the BLUA or specific Forum rules? Im pretty sure with the proper disclaimers it would be fine, but just checking before I put in the effort.
2) Where would be the best place for this? I think Other Drugs is A-OK, but maybe not....
3) Adding Citations and references for the info, is there a specific way to reference them? I just want to make sure I dont break any rules sourcing my info and somehow sourcing something else, probably not a huge problem but I'm checking anyways.

I feel like putting this on BL would be helpful, as everyone could add to it and make it as comprehensive as one could hope to make it.

I keep running into posts where I read people who are switching to loperamide from X, Y, or Z opioid and is going to "just use it as long as it takes to taper and be out of withdrawal", but then I see posts months later where they are still tapering, or still taking the maintenance dose, or (worse) raising the dose, and are justifying it with A, B, and C reasons and maintaining that it wont become a problem, or that they wont experience the complications that others have. Its gotten to the point that I can see a post of someone stating " I took X mg of Loperamide for my {insert opioid here} withdrawal and it completely stopped withdrawal! I've been on X mg for Y days but I'm going to taper off soon" and more or less predict the way their story will play out. Not always but frequently I'm seeing them getting stuck on loperamide or they oscillate between their DOC and loperamide. Just like me and my friends.

Maybe having a comprehensive list of complications and how to catch them will help people 1) not use high dose loperamide, 2) treat loperamide with more respect in terms of its abuse potential, and 3) help high dose users recognize when they are endangering their health,and will hopefully recognize these dangers IN TIME before permanent damage happens.

thoughts?

I've got an idea since there are so so many people struggling with loperamide addiction AND lots and lots of people looking to hop on the loperamide train to ride out withdrawals from other opioids, I wanted to start a thread that was all about the possible negative health effects, possible complications, and signs and symptoms of these complications that come with high dose loperamide use. A place that would lay out all of the currently known health problems sustained high dose use of loperamide causes, and then an in depth description of what the health effects are, what they do, how loperamide causes them, and then symptoms of these health effects along with advice for seeking medical help/treatment.

Obviously I'd make it a point to stress *NOT ACTUAL MEDICAL ADVICE, SEE EMERGENCY PROFESSIONALS IF YOU ARE SICK* and that I'm not a doctor. Also, I'm going to make it a point to make the thread in such a way that people reading it wouldn't see the advice given in the thread as a substitute for real medical help and advice, because I know that if I can avoid seeing a doctor, I'm going to avoid seeing them, despite it being a real stupid idea on my part. '

Would anyone be interested in this? And if so, I need some guidance on it:
1) Would a thread like this violate any of the points in the BLUA or specific Forum rules? Im pretty sure with the proper disclaimers it would be fine, but just checking before I put in the effort.
2) Where would be the best place for this? I think Other Drugs is A-OK, but maybe not....
3) Adding Citations and references for the info, is there a specific way to reference them? I just want to make sure I dont break any rules sourcing my info and somehow sourcing something else, probably not a huge problem but I'm checking anyways.

I feel like putting this on BL would be helpful, as everyone could add to it and make it as comprehensive as one could hope to make it.

I keep running into posts where I read people who are switching to loperamide from X, Y, or Z opioid and is going to "just use it as long as it takes to taper and be out of withdrawal", but then I see posts months later where they are still tapering, or still taking the maintenance dose, or (worse) raising the dose, and are justifying it with A, B, and C reasons and maintaining that it wont become a problem, or that they wont experience the complications that others have. Its gotten to the point that I can see a post of someone stating " I took X mg of Loperamide for my {insert opioid here} withdrawal and it completely stopped withdrawal! I've been on X mg for Y days but I'm going to taper off soon" and more or less predict the way their story will play out. Not always but frequently I'm seeing them getting stuck on loperamide or they oscillate between their DOC and loperamide. Just like me and my friends.

Maybe having a comprehensive list of complications and how to catch them will help people 1) not use high dose loperamide, 2) treat loperamide with more respect in terms of its abuse potential, and 3) help high dose users recognize when they are endangering their health,and will hopefully recognize these dangers IN TIME before permanent damage happens.

thoughts?

Id say start a thread in OTHER DRUGS. Now you got me curious. When u start the thread, let me get a link

Hey guys I'm off loperamide going on a month now. Using kratom but the urge is still there. Glad I did it though

Hey guys I'm off loperamide going on a month now. Using kratom but the urge is still there. Glad I did it though

Nice job! I'm surprised u feel the urge to use lope. Ever since i did kratom replacement, i felt it was a better feeling then lope. How much kratom are you taking a day? What difference do u notice in the switch?

I know what you mean when the lope goes down well and you get a good rush but I've always preferred codeine to lope but lope as well as dhc are great tools to enhance my codeine high as well as an emergency in case I ran out of codeine and dhc etc

I don't have the incredibly potent muscle weakness as before. I couldn't even shave sometimes. I think I'm craving bc I would get legitimately high from lope and you c t match 400mg + with normal kratom. It will subside though

Hey everyone. Ik this is an old thread but i wanted to share my story about this nasty shit called loperamide. It started a few years ago. 2014 maybe. Went on for a couple years. Ik thats fkn crazy. Anyway it started as a way to come off a bad h habit and it worked awesome. Thought id found the miracle drug. Not too long after i started maybe a few weeks into it i was taking 72 every other day. And be fucken comatose the whole 2 days. Well one morning my gf at the time turned over to wake me up for work and i was blue! She called 911. They came. Give me a shot of narcan but it didnt bring me all the way out of it. Just enough not to die. The next day i was still out of it so they gave me another shot of narcan. I was conscious for that one. Let me tell ya it was a mfkr. Stayed in for a coupla more days and went home. Of course ima full blown fkn addict so i thought hey ill just ease back into it and be fine. Well that went on for a while. Upwards of 300mgs a fkn day. Smfh. Anyway i was good until the last bit of it. I started having tje heart palpitations and dizziness. Loss of strength in arms and legs. At times could barely walk. My legs would just fkn give out. Ik i had to do somethen this shit was killing me. So i luckily found a sub doc and got on them and it was thw best thing i ever did. For anyone out there that's doing what i have done please think about it and change it up! This shit is some serious stuff and it'll kill you! I think a heroin habit is better than that shit. Only thing thay makes it nice is the not having to cop everyday. You can get the shit at any store anywhere. I just wantes to share my experience in hopes it will help someone else. Don't fuck with it you think you got a good thing goin at first till its too late. It's baaaaaaad shit boys! STAY AWAY PPL!

Hey everyone. Ik this is an old thread but i wanted to share my story about this nasty shit called loperamide. It started a few years ago. 2014 maybe. Went on for a couple years. Ik thats fkn crazy. Anyway it started as a way to come off a bad h habit and it worked awesome. Thought id found the miracle drug. Not too long after i started maybe a few weeks into it i was taking 72 every other day. And be fucken comatose the whole 2 days. Well one morning my gf at the time turned over to wake me up for work and i was blue! She called 911. They came. Give me a shot of narcan but it didnt bring me all the way out of it. Just enough not to die. The next day i was still out of it so they gave me another shot of narcan. I was conscious for that one. Let me tell ya it was a mfkr. Stayed in for a coupla more days and went home. Of course ima full blown fkn addict so i thought hey ill just ease back into it and be fine. Well that went on for a while. Upwards of 300mgs a fkn day. Smfh. Anyway i was good until the last bit of it. I started having tje heart palpitations and dizziness. Loss of strength in arms and legs. At times could barely walk. My legs would just fkn give out. Ik i had to do somethen this shit was killing me. So i luckily found a sub doc and got on them and it was thw best thing i ever did. For anyone out there that's doing what i have done please think about it and change it up! This shit is some serious stuff and it'll kill you! I think a heroin habit is better than that shit. Only thing thay makes it nice is the not having to cop everyday. You can get the shit at any store anywhere. I just wantes to share my experience in hopes it will help someone else. Don't fuck with it you think you got a good thing goin at first till its too late. It's baaaaaaad shit boys! STAY AWAY PPL!
I'm glad u found a way put. I do take loperamide very rarely now. I took it last when crashing off of phentermine. Lope was the only thing I can think of to help my crash.

Well regulations on lope are in place. I feel if there were easier access to meds like suboxone, it wouldn't drive people to use lope. In fact, better access to suboxone can help chronic pain patients cut off from there regular opiate pain script.
Restrictions to any opiates, cut offs for pain management, banning kratom, and expensive alternatives that are hard to get to(subs, methadone) keep the epidemic growing. All I know is, when I'm in miserable wd, ok do ANYTHING to alleviate wd.

Hope OP replies back soon.

I'm glad u found a way put. I do take loperamide very rarely now. I took it last when crashing off of phentermine. Lope was the only thing I can think of to help my crash.

Well regulations on lope are in place. I feel if there were easier access to meds like suboxone, it wouldn't drive people to use lope. In fact, better access to suboxone can help chronic pain patients cut off from there regular opiate pain script.
Restrictions to any opiates, cut offs for pain management, banning kratom, and expensive alternatives that are hard to get to(subs, methadone) keep the epidemic growing. All I know is, when I'm in miserable wd, ok do ANYTHING to alleviate wd.

Hope OP replies back soon.

I think we long as you don't exceed the recommended daily dose and don't take it every day then it shouldn't be anymore harmful than H.

So the <chain pharmacy store> in my neighborhood town was selling 30pcs/bottle. Nothing higher, and the rest of the lope I seen were in blister packets in small quantity. Thank god im not dependent on that! Hows it going for everyone else??
Where you at and lope dosing?
Did you completely stop?
Are the packaging in your town/state putting a limit on selling lope?
And switch overs? Comon guys were suppost to stick together through times like this! OP kinda abandon us, hope hes doing well and respond soon. Please check in guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
They are starting to phase out higher count bottles. Used to get 200ct bottles from a big box retailer for basically nothing. Now they’re only bottles less than 50ct where ever I go. This is US btw. In fact, I haven’t seen anything over the smaller size boxes, way under 50ct.

Just wanted to point out that large ct bottles are not gonna continue being available in the US. I would say damn you DEA, but in this case it isn’t necessarily a bad thing imho. It can be a god send for opioid withdrawal, but those super high doses are quite dangerous, especially daily over a period of time.

Have you thought about kratom for your opioid fix? Such a better idea than loperamide in almost all cases.