• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc The (LOPERAMIDE) diaries...

When I first read about people getting high on liperamide, I thought it had to be bullshit. Much to my surprise, I definitely got a great high from about 100 mg. Too much of it and you'll get the same sick feeling from too much of any opiate.

I really only take the Lope for diahhrea control but I do take higher than recommended doses. I've used it for over 20 years (not daily) fairly regularly and it's to the pout where it takes 12-14 pills in a 24 hour period to control my tummy at times. I don't feel high from it whatsoever.
I've never taken gigantic doses

Damn Skodeo, where are you man? I see your last activity was on Christmas and I wish you would have let us know how it’s going. Anyway hope all is well man. Glad you were here at least so we know you are still kicking and living.

Last edited:
Holy shit skodeo. Ur a trip!! Lol. I love this thread and what we have in common is scary. If your not working and have a place to be, then just detox c.t. off everything! Take one month using only vitamins, getting healthy physically, and pamper urself with no kratom, phen, tia b's. For me during this time, the crushing depression is what get to me. So seriously, entertain urself with internet and tv. Once the month is over, U should be at least physically normal. U just need to get ur body back in tact, so start working out. For me, depression is still gonna be bad and the motivation will be too. We can talk more when u get to that point. Thanks for the thread.

My quick run down. Typical junkie. Got clean but always wanted to be happy without any high. I did research and found phenibut. I've been using phen for 2 yrs every day anywhere from 5-10 gs a day. I loved it! It replaced any ssri! But the days I didn't have it, man was I a completely different person! I loved who I was with phen and could do things I never could do on my own thinking. I eventually relapsed on heroin for a few months. During those months I wasn't taking phen. I eventually ended up in a 4 month rehab. My first month was straight agony with depression and anxiety, insomnia and desocialized. Then I thought to try loperamide to lift my spirits. I read a lot about it before but only to help wd...not knowing the cons of taking lope. So I've been taking it for 4 months now and it replaced my phen feeling. I experimented with up to 100 pills. But now never exceed 60. I take it every other day. I am dependent on it. I tried to quit ct but found it difficult during living everyday life situations like work and meetings. I can definitely handle the physical symptoms, but the bone crushing depression is my breaking point. Idk how to overcome the depression. Idk how to explain my depression when I'm on 72 hrs without it

Damn man you've had a rough run. Many of us have. We understand. You are in mostly uncharted territory. 99.9% of doctors, as well as many replying to this thread(Haven't read replies yet) will call bullshit because "It's not psychoactive/ Doesn't cross BBB. " This may be true in normal amounts >10mg, but may not be at the case when talking 100-200mg+

I would have suggested getting on suboxone but with the seemingly insanely long half life that is a huge gamble with precipitated withdrawals I wouldn't advise. I would recommend low dose methadone, to taper or maintain. Most clinics start at 30mg/day. If possible I would try maybe 10-15mg/day or, preferably, 5-10mg 2x/day. You can always go higher, but the goal with MMT/methadone taper is to use the minimal amount to stave off withdrawals. Don't confuse being comfortable and lack of withdrawals. If an addict is comfortable they're probably a little high. The goal with maintenance therapy should be to feel sick at a level 1-2 on a 10 scale. Tbh sounds like you need longer term maintenance (rather than just a taper) with your frequent relapses. No judgement, just trying to help someone who is doing the same thing I used to.

Nobody has studied loperamide in the way you are taking it. You could be doing horrible, permanent damage to any number of systems in your body. Please stop, bud. Get on opiate replacement therapy, or do a medical supervised detox. I would even suggest abusing other well researched opiates before I'd suggest continuing this.

Last edited:
Get on opiate replacement therapy, or do a medical supervised detox.

He's explained several times why he isn't able to do that...although at this stage it's his only real option.

From the very beginning he made the mistake of bouncing from one nightmare to the next by using worse and worse substances to try to halt the withdrawl from the other ones.(lope, phenibut, tianeptine, fent analogues etc.etc.).

I remember talking to him when he first started this thread (I had a different account back then) and you could literally see each disaster looming...it was like watching a slow motion car crash...

We haven't heard from him in ages....I really hope skodeo is still with us...he's a genuinely likeable sort of guy.

Well doglover said skodeo was active on the site on Christmas. I'm hoping that means may be he's in a rehab or other facility n had a visitor maybe who let him use the web for a few min maybe n perhaps just not long enuf to write up a post maybe.

That's a lotta maybes

Maybe one month or rc benzo use? Not abuse. And try to cope with hot baths/ showers. Use nootropics during the month to help battle fatigue and eat super healthy. I'm thinking for my situation, stock up on
-clonazolam(3mgs a day to start and wean off) 1 months worth
-nootropics like noopept, adrafinil, SAM-E, ECT...2 months worth.
-soma one months worth.
-eat healthy, Netflix, internet blogs,
-thc(if that's ur thing, i personally don't partake)
-vitamins and minerals to aid the heart.

Using tieptine, kratom, and phenibut is like fighting fire with fire. But I think my recipe will work great if you have 1 month free of employment and anything important. It is also on the pricey side but I guess for me up do anything to get off lope comfortably. Its way to quick to kill.

I thought I was the ONLY one who would get the massive weakness from loperamide. I?m talking if I could normally lift and carry 40lbs no problems... if I was on loperamide I could now only lift 15lbs and within seconds my muscles would start burning and shaking. I?d literally have to drop the object and wait about 10 mins to be able to lift that 15lbs again for another 15-20 seconds. I had NEVER seen anyone ever post this about loperamide and whenever I did post about the muscle weakness nobody ever replied to it!

I took take around 400mg of loperamide over the course of 72 hours, every 72 hours. It got me off sub/heroin and actually gives me a pretty dam good feel. Just that weakness really kills it for me due to my job.

I have a question. Lope only passes through the bbb only when taken at high doses right? Well, if someone was on a high dose and decided to wean down, wouldn't they eventually reach a number of pills that doesn't pass the bbb? If I was taking 120mgs a day and after time tapered to, lets say, 15mgs......wouldn't it be the same as taking nothing? Because at that amount its not effecting the cns.

Please correct me if I'm wrong. But if anyone believes at 15 mg won't pass the bbb, it could probably change the was a lot of opiate addicts are tapering..

Skodeo, i hope you come back and continue to post your journey.

it does pass the blood brain barrier, but its kicked back out by an enzyme, p-glycoprotien i think? anyways, 99% of lopes effects are peripheral, but some can stay and cause central effects, but im more convinced that most of lopes effects come from down stream changes in ion channels and nerve impulse transmission, but i have no evidence to make a good argument for that. If you taper well, that shouldnt be a problem, as long as you take the propper time to stabilize after every drop you make. Also, even if there was a limit under which lope has no central effects, it would still cause peripheral effects which would reduce the level of withdrawal you'd feel, so you'd still avoid the chills, nausea/diharrea, severe rls, etc............to some extent. If what you said was true, you would still feel depression and anxiety, but the physical w/d would be pretty tame if experienced at all.

If you're taking 120mg/day, then dropping, say, 20mgs every week or other week, you would be adjusted to the new dose before you make another drop. so you wouldn't be in withdrawal all of a sudden unless your drop was unreasonably steep.

I thought I was the ONLY one who would get the massive weakness from loperamide. I?m talking if I could normally lift and carry 40lbs no problems... if I was on loperamide I could now only lift 15lbs and within seconds my muscles would start burning and shaking. I?d literally have to drop the object and wait about 10 mins to be able to lift that 15lbs again for another 15-20 seconds. I had NEVER seen anyone ever post this about loperamide and whenever I did post about the muscle weakness nobody ever replied to it!

I took take around 400mg of loperamide over the course of 72 hours, every 72 hours. It got me off sub/heroin and actually gives me a pretty dam good feel. Just that weakness really kills it for me due to my job.

How long did you take the loperamide to get off other opioids? Did you taper the loperamide?

it does pass the blood brain barrier, but its kicked back out by an enzyme, p-glycoprotien i think? anyways, 99% of lopes effects are peripheral, but some can stay and cause central effects, but im more convinced that most of lopes effects come from down stream changes in ion channels and nerve impulse transmission, but i have no evidence to make a good argument for that. If you taper well, that shouldnt be a problem, as long as you take the propper time to stabilize after every drop you make. Also, even if there was a limit under which lope has no central effects, it would still cause peripheral effects which would reduce the level of withdrawal you'd feel, so you'd still avoid the chills, nausea/diharrea, severe rls, etc............to some extent. If what you said was true, you would still feel depression and anxiety, but the physical w/d would be pretty tame if experienced at all.If you're taking 120mg/day, then dropping, say, 20mgs every week or other week, you would be adjusted to the new dose before you make another drop. so you wouldn't be in withdrawal all of a sudden unless your drop was unreasonably steep.

I've been taking 120mgs. The past 4 days I been on 80mgs. I take it around evening time. I definitely need comfort meds. I was going to get tia, but its super expensive. I also have a short history with it.
The first time i got Tia, i got both sodium and sulfate. I used sodium for about 2 months taking around 100-200mgs a day and it eventually didn't do anything anymore. I then got heroin like withdrawals, so i used the sulfate(with just awarded off wd symptoms). A few months later, I ordered a gram. I took 500mgs at once with no tolerance to any drugs.....and overdosed, cardiac arrest. Narcan saved me. So all in all I don't want it.

I relate to OP a lot with drug substitution. I am currently taking phenibut(2.5g/day) and lope(80mgs/day). I have no access to a doctor. Kratom is always a hit or miss, but i believe to be my only option for 4 weeks after I'm off lope. My next stop will be to 40mgs a day tomorrow. Then when im stocked on comforts, I'm leaving it completely. As for phenibut, I've been on if for 2 months, it isn't helping me like it did in the past. So I plan on using 2 weeks worth of short acting benzos to help, i have experience with phenibut.

yeah I would avoid using Tianeptine at all for any sort of detox plan. I remember before I did lope I was doing tianeptine. I used to use lope for when the tia ran out, but eventually (and by eventually, i mean 2 months of daily use) I was doing like 5-10g every day of tianeptine. When I ran out I remember taking 400 2mg pills of lope and a whole bottle of cough syrup and still kicked and tossed and turned and sweat my dick off; it wasnt anywhere near enough. Besides, when I did have enough Tianeptine I had to wake up twice a night to dose and I had to encapsulate enough to make it through work every day, and when I didnt bring enough the day was totally fucked. I mean, that stuff has already been said so many times here but I'll add my experience.

And I was on phenibut too, I think ~3-4g a day. I forgot about it since the tianeptine w/d was so bad and neglected to mention it when I checked into the hospital. I ended up in the BSU because I gave them my experience in terms of my mental state which was as bad as ever. All they gave me was narcoleptics and APAP for the first few days. Haldol, after seroquel gave me severe side effects. I eventually got ativan and valium, but not before I went into a full delusional psychosis from the phenibut w/d. It was bad dude, that was the scariest. I thought I was being experimented on by the nurses, that they were gonna kill me, and that all the clothes and blankets in the ward were made of human skin. I thought it was 100% real so they saw I clearly lost the plot and sedated me. It took awhile to get over those phenibut symptoms, roughly 8 days.

The moral of the story is to always always always taper. and do it slow. And never neglect to tell the doctors everything you take when you get medical help;

yeah I would avoid using Tianeptine at all for any sort of detox plan. I remember before I did lope I was doing tianeptine. I used to use lope for when the tia ran out, but eventually (and by eventually, i mean 2 months of daily use) I was doing like 5-10g every day of tianeptine. When I ran out I remember taking 400 2mg pills of lope and a whole bottle of cough syrup and still kicked and tossed and turned and sweat my dick off; it wasnt anywhere near enough. Besides, when I did have enough Tianeptine I had to wake up twice a night to dose and I had to encapsulate enough to make it through work every day, and when I didnt bring enough the day was totally fucked. I mean, that stuff has already been said so many times here but I'll add my experience.

And I was on phenibut too, I think ~3-4g a day. I forgot about it since the tianeptine w/d was so bad and neglected to mention it when I checked into the hospital. I ended up in the BSU because I gave them my experience in terms of my mental state which was as bad as ever. All they gave me was narcoleptics and APAP for the first few days. Haldol, after seroquel gave me severe side effects. I eventually got ativan and valium, but not before I went into a full delusional psychosis from the phenibut w/d. It was bad dude, that was the scariest. I thought I was being experimented on by the nurses, that they were gonna kill me, and that all the clothes and blankets in the ward were made of human skin. I thought it was 100% real so they saw I clearly lost the plot and sedated me. It took awhile to get over those phenibut symptoms, roughly 8 days.

The moral of the story is to always always always taper. and do it slow. And never neglect to tell the doctors everything you take when you get medical help;

Yea bro. Sorry u had to go through that, sounds like living in a horror movie! Pheni wd will definitely make you delusional like that. How long were u on that much phen a day?
Tuesday night i took 30mgs of lope, I don't nessecarly feel any difference cuz it leave my body super slow! Wed night I skipped a dose. I wasn't feeling any symptom, I'm still feeling alright. Its the 36-48 he mark when I feel like life is not worth living anymore and get crippling depression and panic attack through anxious days. I have about 20gs of kratom. I will get more. Gonna use it for about a week and just try to get on supplements and nootropics.
I will never commit suicide, but wd definitely brings me to that breaking point to "why is living even an option".
Lobster, are you currently tapering off anything?

yeah im actually still tapering off the Loperamide I was doing. I maxed out at 400-450mg daily and now im hovering around 100mg/ daily. Tolerance ballooned up super fast and before I knew it those crazy doses were normal doses. Its crazy i know.

I was using phenibut at that level for about 3 months. BUT I honestly think I was probably taking wayy more than 3-4g daily, since I didn't have a scale and always eyeballed doses by using a tablespoon. I always believed I was too smart for this but then......here I am; rookie mistakes.

It sounds like you're doing relatively well on your taper, but evening out your doses might help with those really deep lows that come with that dosing schedule. like take the same thing you take now but spread it out in smaller doses more frequently. Or don't do that, because I'm in no position to give advice about this haha

when all the stores run out of loperamide I go into the "WTF am I doing" pity party mindset where everything is terrible and everythings super fucked up. I find that its really important to keep telling myself that its the withdrawal talking, and that feeding into those thoughts aren't going to help me do anything. It doesn't work, but its a good excersize to do with your mind.

yeah im actually still tapering off the Loperamide I was doing. I maxed out at 400-450mg daily and now im hovering around 100mg/ daily. Tolerance ballooned up super fast and before I knew it those crazy doses were normal doses. Its crazy i know.

I was using phenibut at that level for about 3 months. BUT I honestly think I was probably taking wayy more than 3-4g daily, since I didn't have a scale and always eyeballed doses by using a tablespoon. I always believed I was too smart for this but then......here I am; rookie mistakes.

It sounds like you're doing relatively well on your taper, but evening out your doses might help with those really deep lows that come with that dosing schedule. like take the same thing you take now but spread it out in smaller doses more frequently. Or don't do that, because I'm in no position to give advice about this haha

when all the stores run out of loperamide I go into the "WTF am I doing" pity party mindset where everything is terrible and everythings super fucked up. I find that its really important to keep telling myself that its the withdrawal talking, and that feeding into those thoughts aren't going to help me do anything. It doesn't work, but its a good excersize to do with your mind.

Lope will be behind counters soon.. Kratom is about to be criminalized, and it just pushes the opiate addicts to find something new. Not everyone can get suboxone or methadone.
Yea doses of phen were not exact. I hope you get off lope soon bro. I found out about the heart thing after i got dependent. How long have u been megadosing lope? Do u feel any symptoms when dropping?

i've been going slllloooooowwwly down, so I've been comfy........as long as supply is consistent. which is starting to look like its going to get worse soon so i may be spending a lot more time feeling like garbage. but if it happens I guess we'll have to suck it up unfortunately. when supply dries up things get cold and sweaty really quick.

I sure would love to hear from Skodeo about where he's at. I hope he's doing alright. this thread has been cathartic for me on a near daily basis for awhile. we are not alone

Last edited: