• Bluelight
    Shrine

A memorial
    to Bluelighters
    who have passed away

Rest in Peace Foolsgold

This is only just sinking in for me, i must have been numbed into frozen shock yesterday. We exchanged many a PM about 'noids when i first got to know him, and it was always nice to know that he was only ever a PM or email away from a guaranteed warm and friendly response, no matter what he was going through himself he always spared a thought for others.

It does indeed always seem to be the friendliest people that is easiest to form some sort of emotional connection with that end up this way. He's definitely one of Bluelights' Legends. His consumption habits did worry me right from the start, and as Shambles has already said, in the end, even the almighty John Shaun was not indestructible :|

No-one is indistructable mate. Its easy to say it once someone has passed but I genuinely though FG a real gentleman and just a lovely bloke. Sometimes though I wish I could take some of my fellow BLers out with me on a twelve hour shift just to see how common it is for people to be let down by the system and the inevitable consequences of that.

i left some words in the sticky thread - but its all sinking in now and im typing with tears streaming down my face - he was such a lovely guy who had one door close and the next slam in his face I remember a year or so trying to hook up with him to help him out but the distances were just too much - wish i'd made the efort now.
A real gem who just didnt get the run of the dice and I guess overdid it once too ofte- I really miss you mate and you'ell be in my thoughts for the days to come - condolences to his family if you see these posts.
I really am saddened by th eperson I knew most on here that has died - love you brother.
B

:( Rest In Peace John buddy, hope you are finally at peace now mate. I don't know the circumstances behind what happened but wish you would of picked up the phone if this could of been avoided. Things seemed to be looking up for you. Thoughts are with you and your family dude, you will be missed.

cmon guys John wouldn't want any trouble in this thread. You say he was 38 and i say he only was 38 eight years and had given so much friendship to this community and for me he was one of the first to welcome me to these forums. Goodbye John i hope you are peaceful at last. The world is much sadder without you my wee iron pyrite nothing foolsgold about you you were a diamond

This is starting to feel real now that you're gone :( I looked an old E-mail you wrote me last year n you always cared about otbers even though the system failed you :( you cared for your neice, you cat, Charlie n your latest cat. I did keep many of your E-mails cause we tended to communicate ib text form rather than writing out long E-mails but I wish I had now.
I hope something comes out of this tragedy; animals are better treated or something. How strange that I made that that discussion the morality of killing animals a few weeks ago.
I hope you're in piece now, Foolsy. I hope you can see n know how much love people had for you <3

Xxxxxxxcc

The world is much sadder without you my wee iron pyrite nothing foolsgold about you you were a diamond

So true n a love thing to say, woofy x

Evey

I have always said you cant trust a person who dislikes cats and when i knew about f.g. and his charlie he went up even further in my estimation.. So much kindness for everyone man and beast and and would put his own problems to the back burner so he could help with others.. When i heard yesterday it took the wind out of my sails and i still am not right with this.. Hopefully he and sepher can meet up again just in case there really is an afterlife

Fuck FG MATE. I cant believe this. U really gone? We helped each other so Much. You Was at great friend. There fall at tear down from your Danish friend here.. big love to u and People Who Was close to you. <3 u Will be missed

Aw, shit, I've just seen this... Every post of his that I saw was helpful and/or polite. I never once recall reading a post and thinking he was being anything but decent. It's a damn shame that he's gone, as he was a great part of this community. :(

RIP, man.

Aw, shit, I've just seen this... Every post of his that I saw was helpful and/or polite. I never once recall reading a post and thinking he was being anything but decent. It's a damn shame that he's gone, as he was a great part of this community. :(

RIP, man.

I loved the guy, but, every post of his you saw was helpful or polite? Either you wasn't looking Treacle or we've different interpretations of helpful\polite =D

I say this with the up most respect because I know he'd take it as intended <3

He was as decent as they come though. agreed

RIP John, you have been battling your demons for so long and now you can finally rest. I wish you would have given me a chance to have helped you out more. Rest in peace now hun ♡♡♡

fuck. every time i take a little break from BL, it seems another vital, popular and beautiful member dies.

despite his problems, this is still a shock. and although i only knew him from posting in the same threads, i know his moral compass pointed in the right direction, and he was always friendly to me despite me not really being the most sociable BLer. he was a decent bloke.

RIP foolsgold.

aw man. i only knew him from his brief time in the lounge and his few forays into dissociatve threads, but somehow instantly took a liking to the dude. was definitely a troubled soul. hopefully he's found peace now.

cmon guys John wouldn't want any trouble in this thread. You say he was 38 and i say he only was 38 eight years and had given so much friendship to this community and for me he was one of the first to welcome me to these forums. Goodbye John i hope you are peaceful at last. The world is much sadder without you my wee iron pyrite nothing foolsgold about you you were a diamond

I've avoided the Shrine -- it's always difficult to reconcile the losses of so many great friends. We have lost so many dear people lately, and that hole is a lot deeper now that I've learned that JP is gone. Like so many others, he was one of the first Bluelighters I connected with, and we had spoken to each other, and discussed much. In 2014, we kind of lost touch -- he was going through so much, and was trying to escape the cycle of addiction, and valiantly avoided BL. I feel like in the end, I forsook my friend. Forgive me, buddy. It was only March of 2014 you told me you were leaving Bluelight and were determined not to follow in our mutual friend knock's footsteps. Damn it. I hope someone is taking good care of your cat. I still plan on visiting your home by the castle, and I'll be sure to play some Stone Roses when I do. Rest in peace, brother.

Jesus i never even saw this until now! I knew him by his posts and i always remembered the name being a Stone roses fan myself. Sad to hear of another BLer that passed away in the past year.

RIP Foolsgold

Jesus i never even saw this until now! I knew him by his posts and i always remembered the name being a Stone roses fan myself. Sad to hear of another BLer that passed away in the past year.

RIP Foolsgold

Same PA :/ <3

Miss his posts. Too much waste.