• Bluelight
    Shrine

A memorial
    to Bluelighters
    who have passed away

Rest in Peace Foolsgold

I'm sad beyond words. FG was a such a nice guy. Another terrible loss for EADD.

One of my distinct memories of him was from whilst I was modding EADD. As you may all remember he was always embedding videos despite being told otherwise. Needless to say action had to be taken yet he PM'd me back to apologize & explain he'd gone off on one again. I think that sums him up... he had his problems, but he was always such a gentleman.

I still have those PMs... safe to say I will not be deleting those.

I hope he is in a better place now. He will be sorely missed by us all. :(

RIP foolsgold <3

P.S. - Something to remember him by...The never-ending fractal slayer foolsgold metal circle jerk news thread

Last edited:
I'm sad beyond words. FG was a such a nice guy. Another terrible loss for EADD.

One of my distinct memories of him was from whilst I was modding EADD. As you may all remember he was always embedding videos despite being told otherwise. Needless to say action had to be taken yet he PM'd me back to apologize & explain he'd gone off on one again. I think that sums him up... he had his problems, but he was always such a gentleman.

I still have those PMs... safe to say I will not be deleting those.

I hope he is in a better place now. He will be sorely missed by us all. :(

RIP foolsgold <3

P.S. - Something to remember him by...The never-ending fractal slayer foolsgold metal circle jerk news thread

I remember talking to him about that infraction n he said he understood you had to do it because he had been told many times. Fair play to him he would not shy away from admitting to if he felt he was wrong. I don't think I've ever seen Foolsy argue with anyone to be honest he loved his music, jokes n n whacky videos.

I saw a post he'd erote me that I'd not seen until now.

Evey

FG posted so many times in TDS that he wanted to give up. Over the years learning what he faced in life, it was often hard for me to summon words that could mean anything at all. I am so sad that his truly kind and sensitive soul has gone on away from all of us. He lived with so much fear and yet he always managed to love what he loved fearlessly--his family, cats, music, his friends. When I think of his life, I also think of Sepher's life, how poverty and all that comes with it can grind a man down. I will miss his presence on Bluelight so much. I can only imagine how much his family will miss him.

FG loved his family and he loved music and he loved his cats. I always felt afraid for him--his life circumstances were grueling. He would finally get to a better house and then have to move again. He worried so much about his cat Charlie and his new little kitten. I will miss his presence here so much. He was an honorable and kind man.<3

I'm far more torn up about this than I thought I'd be. I first spoke to FG about two years ago when I moved over to EADD. When he found out I was a paramedic he pmd me several times asking for advice about seeking help and other that refer him to his GP for a DSP and mental health referal what could i really say......

Fuck it man I wish I'd done more. I feel a kind of responsibility for not being able to provide him directions to proper help.

RIP Foolsy see u on the other side bruv <3 <3

There's not much sadder news to hear, than the life of a genuinely well meaning person cut short.

As a former farm worker, he was compelled to speak out on this forum against abuse of animals in the industry he was involved in, and promote awareness of it. It was then I realised that there was quite a lot more to the man, than pasting [many] youtube video's.

RIP

Last edited:
Raas, I agree there was 2 sides to John that I noticed , he'd post his mad anti Christ heavy rock shit vids, and finish up with a avril Levine ballad ,
RIP MATE<3

Ha! Yeah he did do that. He was a much deeper bloke than many realised.....

RIP bruv <3

Music in the soul can be heard by the universe. ~Lao Tzu

Rest in Peace FG. I really enjoyed swapping songs with you on the music threads.​

I just wish that John could see all this, how much love there is for him, because I don't think he realised it :( Mods can we name the next music thread after him? something he'd like to remember him by?

Evey

I remember when I was having a break from BL around last December ish and I had contacted FUBAR to tell him my court case came to nothing and I was back at work and doing better and he mentioned I was doing ok on here. FG posted a lovely comment that was really touching. That's my last real memory of him as he wasnt on much after that and according to that newspaper article passed away just a month or two later.....

So sad......

And your right Evey it's sad when someone has to pass away before people express their deep affection for that perso. You should tell people how you feel while they're still on this earth not after they pass......but that's human nature I suppose.....don't know what you've got till it's gone.....

Wiz Khalifa - See You Again ft. Charlie Puth [Off…: http://youtu.be/RgKAFK5djSk

This is only just sinking in for me, i must have been numbed into frozen shock yesterday. We exchanged many a PM about 'noids when i first got to know him, and it was always nice to know that he was only ever a PM or email away from a guaranteed warm and friendly response, no matter what he was going through himself he always spared a thought for others.

It does indeed always seem to be the friendliest people that is easiest to form some sort of emotional connection with that end up this way. He's definitely one of Bluelights' Legends. His consumption habits did worry me right from the start, and as Shambles has already said, in the end, even the almighty John Shaun was not indestructible :|