• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA Recovery (Stories & Support - 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was doing EXCELLENT, almost no signs, no temblors, sleeping fine, nothing wrong, and them, boom, I drink a couple of drinks with vodka and juice, and I'm back to the worst times.

My myoclonus are getting triggered by alcohol, and not by MDMA, it seems, because I have consumed twice during the year (1 pill, low dose) without ANY issues. Anyone heard something like that?

I don't have depression, depersonalization, not even brain zaps. Only trouble sleeping, and involuntary movements.

It seems to get better when I take 5HPT + EGC. Now I'm back in Clonazepan to be able to sleep :|

I'm in the same boat.

No depersonalization or trouble concentrating or brain zaps or floaters. But I have trouble sleeping sometimes and I get twitches/myoclonus. My legs will just twitch on their own when I'm sitting or laying down. Drinking makes it worse for me too.

It's been 6 months since I've touched MDMA. Probably never will again. I really hope the twitching goes away some day. At least I guess I'm glad I don't have depersonalization or HPPD or libido loss. I just wish this damn twitching would stop.

I'm in the same boat.

No depersonalization or trouble concentrating or brain zaps or floaters. But I have trouble sleeping sometimes and I get twitches/myoclonus. My legs will just twitch on their own when I'm sitting or laying down. Drinking makes it worse for me too.

It's been 6 months since I've touched MDMA. Probably never will again. I really hope the twitching goes away some day. At least I guess I'm glad I don't have depersonalization or HPPD or libido loss. I just wish this damn twitching would stop.

Don't worry! Really, it's all in our head! :)
The more we worry, the more prone we are to get those: strees, problems, overthinking, everything aggravates my issue. The more I ignore it and not think about it, the less I get them. Hang in there! and if you DO get it, and they are really annoying for your daily life, get Clonazepan/Klonopin in drops and takeone or two drop (not more, you do not want to go to sleep, just calm yourself). That seems to help in my worst times.

Why is it a bad thing? I think ts a good thing. It shows that people are actually coming out the other end of this and are geting on with their lives

I think it will be back to life in the summer, specially when people takes lots of drugs during their holidays in Ibiza and the festival starts. It's sad, but it's been like this since I joined

I think it will be back to life in the summer, specially when people takes lots of drugs during their holidays in Ibiza and the festival starts. It's sad, but it's been like this since I joined[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately so........

I'm 4 months in and still struggling a fair bit - going through some pretty big swings.

I try to stay off here as much as possible on the advice of others, but find myself lurking a lot... If any old-time LTC'ers are about and want to share success stories - even if they've already done so in previous threads, it really helps the likes of me keep on going - so please do pop in and share.

This is my first post after three month of trying to cope with the after effects. 0,5g untested MDMA crystals and a lot of alcohol and just getting better from a stomachflu if that's important?. At this time i'm off work half time, thank god for a good health care system! I see some progress with the panic disorder and starting to learn to deal with it. I'm trying to accept the DP/DR but it's hard. It seams nobody understands the way i feel and how could they? Sometimes it feel so fucking lonely and the feeling of mentally numbness really makes me feel totally broken at times.

I'm trying to focus on the things i can control like exercise, food, meditation and overall trying to live stress free and by fixed routines but it breaks me that i don't se more progress. I also try to take care of myself with self compassion and i think that's totally needed to overcome all this. I have also informed close friends and family that means revealing some stuff to the family but i think that's totally necessary to get good support when it feels hard.

If somebody got some advice how to better cope with this i'm all ears. This really tests my patience day after day tryin' to just accept. I know that many tell us to keep of this thread but at this time i need all the comfort i can get.

Take care all strong people out there and look after yourself. I know how tough this is.

Got my first exam for uni tomorrow and my anxiety has ramped up considerably.

On the one hand it's getting me down because I can barely keep still and I can't think straight. But in all honesty I think it's good because at least I have an actual reason to be anxious rather than just freaking out for no reason whatsoever like I was on the offset.

For any of the wiser BLers out there, is this a good sign?

This is my first post after three month of trying to cope with the after effects. 0,5g untested MDMA crystals and a lot of alcohol and just getting better from a stomachflu if that's important?. At this time i'm off work half time, thank god for a good health care system! I see some progress with the panic disorder and starting to learn to deal with it. I'm trying to accept the DP/DR but it's hard. It seams nobody understands the way i feel and how could they? Sometimes it feel so fucking lonely and the feeling of mentally numbness really makes me feel totally broken at times.

I'm trying to focus on the things i can control like exercise, food, meditation and overall trying to live stress free and by fixed routines but it breaks me that i don't se more progress. I also try to take care of myself with self compassion and i think that's totally needed to overcome all this. I have also informed close friends and family that means revealing some stuff to the family but i think that's totally necessary to get good support when it feels hard.

If somebody got some advice how to better cope with this i'm all ears. This really tests my patience day after day tryin' to just accept. I know that many tell us to keep of this thread but at this time i need all the comfort i can get.

Take care all strong people out there and look after yourself. I know how tough this is.
Do you have blurry vision? If not I would say you will eventually come good. If you do I think you in a category where life will always be challenging. Good luck.

Hey all, I logged my situation about a month ago didn't get too many replies so I thought I would come here and say something instead of lurk. I'm almost on 3 months. I took 1 red supreme in February had the normal hangover for a day was fine but then took a bunch of supplements the day after due to trying to lose weight for summer this included SARMS a fat burner and prework out(the gnarliest shit you can get pretty much for stimulants)and some other natural weightloss supplements then 3 days later I started having pressure in my head then became my longterm come down. I have gnarly pressure in my forehead, brain zaps, brain fog (focusing in and out), and random anxiety attacks. I got a MRI and everything was normal the neurologist doesn't think my supps triggered it just the e but what I think happened was my brain wasn't recovered and I threw in all those stimulants, over stimulating the brain. Whats weird is I feel like its getting worse or I'm just having a bad week. Theres been times where I almost feel normal but the last week has been crap. Sometimes feels like a sand bags ontop of my head. For the people later down the road have you gone through rough patches out of no where? Or has your recovery been pretty consistant? Thanks for any replies towards my situation.

I'm 4 months in, definitely had rough patches along the way. I've been speaking to many users on here and it definitely varies how long it takes to overcome an LTC but rest assured its not unusual to have setbacks. I'm sure you've heard of Stephen Fry. He treats his bipolar like the weather, sometimes the weather is bad and it rains, but there will be a brighter day. The same analogy can definitely apply to the recovery process I feel. Sometimes you feel great and think you are better than the symptoms return and trick you into thinking you're back where you started. Just remind yourself its just the drugs and you will continue to get better with time. All the best mate!

I'm 4 months in, definitely had rough patches along the way. I've been speaking to many users on here and it definitely varies how long it takes to overcome an LTC but rest assured its not unusual to have setbacks. I'm sure you've heard of Stephen Fry. He treats his bipolar like the weather, sometimes the weather is bad and it rains, but there will be a brighter day. The same analogy can definitely apply to the recovery process I feel. Sometimes you feel great and think you are better than the symptoms return and trick you into thinking you're back where you started. Just remind yourself its just the drugs and you will continue to get better with time. All the best mate!

Thanks for the reply bro I appreciate it I was reading some of your earlier comments and have gone through the same thing. What you said about the set backs is what I figured. Iv just had more anxiety this week than usual but its probably from the pressure in my head seeming worse making me worry more although I do just get random anxiety every now and then with out worrying hopefully after this month I wont get it any more not that the anxiety happens all the time it just sucks to deal with. Do you have any pressure in the head iv also noticed while I'm laying down in bed watching tv I almost feel normal and when I wake up and hop in the shower I feel almost normal until I walk out the door then I start to notice more symptoms just curious if anyone else has felt this. Hit me up some time pills and kills if you want to chat I try not to log in to much to not see some bull shit posts but we are around the same time length just curious to see how our progression comes along.

Thanks for the reply bro I appreciate it I was reading some of your earlier comments and have gone through the same thing. What you said about the set backs is what I figured. Iv just had more anxiety this week than usual but its probably from the pressure in my head seeming worse making me worry more although I do just get random anxiety every now and then with out worrying hopefully after this month I wont get it any more not that the anxiety happens all the time it just sucks to deal with. Do you have any pressure in the head iv also noticed while I'm laying down in bed watching tv I almost feel normal and when I wake up and hop in the shower I feel almost normal until I walk out the door then I start to notice more symptoms just curious if anyone else has felt this. Hit me up some time pills and kills if you want to chat I try not to log in to much to not see some bull shit posts but we are around the same time length just curious to see how our progression comes along.
Why are you worrying about pressure in the head? First of all it is harmless, second it is actually a good sign that there is some type of rearrangement going on and in most cases it is for the better and lastly it is just a symptom of anxiety which manifests as increased awareness of internal processes which are normally not perceived.
Ignore it is all i can say...

Why are you worrying about pressure in the head? First of all it is harmless, second it is actually a good sign that there is some type of rearrangement going on and in most cases it is for the better and lastly it is just a symptom of anxiety which manifests as increased awareness of internal processes which are normally not perceived.
Ignore it is all i can say...

Not so much worried about the pressure as it is mostly just an annoyance. Just trying to see if people have the same symptoms to determine how long the comedown will last or to debate if I have the same thing as most people. I contracted this longterm come down in a different way by taking a lot of stimulants right after my roll which puts my mind at ease a little when I read that some people have the same symptoms and got better. But thank you for the advice. Hope everything is ok with you Mike. If your just here giving reassurance its much appreciated and god bless you.

If you guys want extensive information about recovery . You guys should go to surviving antidepressants. org. The reason I'm talking about an antidepressants website because mdma is a turbo ssri. They act similar but mdma is violently potent. So all the symptoms are the same and the recoveries are the same. You guys should check it out.

No mdma is not a turbo ssri. It works in a completely different fashion. Ssris are created and thoroughly tested to help treat depression, anxiety and oter mental disorders and they do help people even with LTCs. The webpage you mentioned is a biased website where very talkative people discuss their withdrawal symptoms after several years of various psych meds usage. The thing is that reoccuring symptoms of their illnesses after stoping their meds also fall under the category of withdrawal. Having said that not everyone gets withdrawals and not everyone's withdrawals are pronounced to a degree of debilitating discomfort.

Hey guys - 1 thing I'm keen to learn more about - Eye Floaters.

Does anyone understand the mechanism as to how an MDMA overdose / LTC / stress can cause these? I've got an understanding of what they are, I just don't know how they get there. I've got a dark floater patch in my left eye that has become apparent over the past couple of months.

For those who have recovered - did these fade with time, and were they one of the first or last symptoms to go?

Eye floaters were a huge problem for me during my recovery (maybe the only physical problem), but they faded with time. A year after they appeared I believe.

I'm 4 months in and still struggling a fair bit - going through some pretty big swings.

I try to stay off here as much as possible on the advice of others, but find myself lurking a lot... If any old-time LTC'ers are about and want to share success stories - even if they've already done so in previous threads, it really helps the likes of me keep on going - so please do pop in and share.

Keep your head up. You'll be feeling normal soon! :)

Wanted to update people here. I posted quite extensively in the previous thread. My experience started with a bad LSD trip followed the next day by up to a half gram of pure crystal mdma mixed with lots and lots and lots of alcohol and no water. Was up for 4 days straight, then couldn't sleep more than a couple hours a night for months on end.

It was awful, absolutely awful. Still don't know if it was caused by the MDMA or just psychological from the trip.

The good part? I ended up coming completely back to normal.

For me it happened a little more than 5 months in. I quit my job, and everything came back.

Sexual functioning, sleep, etc. All became normal again. Went on a big road trip, met a lot of amazing people. I can even smoke weed again without getting any anxiety.

It was a scary time. For me, I do think a lot of my problems were psychological. The mind is extremely powerful and can play tricks on you.

Don't give up, my best advice would be try to rest and relax and remove as much stress from your life as possible. I know that's easier said than done. I was in a position where I'm living with my parents and was able to quit my job and be supported. That's what really helped I think.

Is this thread still alive ?
I'm in my second month. First few weeks were bad, didn't go to school, couldn't concentrate on anything, felt super numb. Then I started to get better, the fog started to clear. I was just getting headaches. Then went back to being foggy and unclear. This is where i am at now. Some days are good some aren't.

Status
Not open for further replies.