• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Day 4 quitting weed. This is real life hell right now.

My experience with withdrawls? Distraction. I've dealt with marijuana withdrawls, which were awful since I used it for it's medicinal qualities as well, many other things came back with it. Spice withdrawls are similar, but there is a clear addictive quality that makes it awful. Researching everything I was going through helped me, but might not be best for you if it would cause anxiety/panic. Essentially though, what you're going through is the reactivation of your CB receptors, they are used to the high flood of cannabinoids, so they shut down(tolerance) and when those extra cannabinoids are no longer present, they aren't doing as good of a job at processing your endocannabinoids. If you notice, many of the withdrawl effects are opposite in nature to how you feel when high, your endocannabinods are important for normal function. It will pass, and it certainly could be worse, but your CB receptors simply need time to reset, and there isn't anything detoxing will do for that. It's best if you work on keeping your focus elsewhere instead of finding something to help heal you. Time is the best medicine for what you're going through, so focus on passing it.

I don't know why I find posts about benxo and bud withdrawl so amusing.....oh ya cause I've quit a 50 a day Norco habit a couple times cold turkey

There is no such thing as weed withdrawals.....just thank God its not opiate withdrawls

Seriously

^Benzo withdrawal is a bitch dude. Much worse than opiates in almost everyone's opinions and much longer lasting. Not to mention you can have seizures or even literally die from it...

Its a bitch whenever I quit cannabis I get alotta nausea and shit. Didn't used to happen half as bad when I only smoked mids even though I smoked 2g's a day. Then again that was years ago and so maybe I'm just more dependent on it now. Good luck quitting dude once you can start eating again you'll be able to exercise and once you exercise you'll be feeling much better trust me bro.

As someone who has tried both heroin, crack, and methamphetamine on numerous occasions I can honestly say marijuana is way more addictive (for me at least, I've never dealt with bad opiate withdrawals), which I associated with the fact that there aren't any immediate negative side effects from weed; it's cheap and easy to go about your day baked as a cake with not many consequences

Also the insomnia is a bitch

I read your first post but not the whole thread, i hear ya though man, i quit smoking weed last fall and it was hell, i know most people say it's in your head, the w/d's aint real, all that, trust me it's very real though, for me it was on par or worse than w/d from real drugs, i couldnt sleep right for 2 weeks, couldnt eat for 2 weeks, i had awful anxiety to the point i felt like i was gonna pass out all the time, made trips to the hospital for it cause it waa that scary adjusting back to the real world, i couldnt even leave my house for a month besides to the ER, I hope your still clean though, give it about a month or two and you will be back to normal, i know the first 2 weeks are awful then the next 2 weeks after are pretty shitty too, just keep telling yourself you can do it and the hell your going through is only temporary, just be careful when you do smoke again though, because your tolerance is gonna be so low you will prob have a panic attack.

Oh come on weed is not addictive

Actually, it is. Cannabis works on cannabinoïd receptors. For years, scientists wondered why human beings have these receptors, until it was discovered that the body produces endocannabinoïds. Like endorphins are part of the body's mechanism of dealing with pain, these endocannaboinoïds have the purpuse of releiving stress. When you smoke cannabis a lot, the body get's used to it. You become more insensitive to your own endocannabinoïds. When you quit, you will become more sensitive to stress. Different people react differently to this. Some won't feel much. Some will get insomnia, others will more easily lose their temper...that's all dependent upon your personality and such. But there is a real physically detectable mechanism behind these effects.

Actually, it is. Cannabis works on cannabinoïd receptors. For years, scientists wondered why human beings have these receptors, until it was discovered that the body produces endocannabinoïds. Like endorphins are part of the body's mechanism of dealing with pain, these endocannaboinoïds have the purpuse of releiving stress. When you smoke cannabis a lot, the body get's used to it. You become more insensitive to your own endocannabinoïds. When you quit, you will become more sensitive to stress. Different people react differently to this. Some won't feel much. Some will get insomnia, others will more easily lose their temper...that's all dependent upon your personality and such. But there is a real physically detectable mechanism behind these effects.
Check rimonabant on google. Some pharma-giant put this drug on the market for weight loss, a few years ago. It works by supressing the endocannabinoïd system. It's a cannabinoïd antagonist. I don't know if it's still legal, but there was a bit of a scandal going on, because shortly after being released, all of a sudden, people taking the stuff started committing suïcide. This drug basically caused cannabis withdrawal symptons, like i explained, and this is what happened.
It's all on the net. Check it out for yourself if you don't believe me.

Update to the thread. I've had no Internet for a week so I've not been active. I had friends come around and I smoked some weed. I fell back into smoking of a night time until my half ounce was gone. Gave some to friends to take home.

The weed has gone now, and I'm back to "quitting". All is good this time around. Not had any problems really except not being able to sleep. I fill that void with blogging and programming.

I've opted to smoke of a weekend. I do like weed. What I don't want to go back to is daily use. My head feels so clear it's unreal. When I started smoking weed it really helped me to hyperfocus. I remember learning about Markov Chains and being baffled. I smoked some weed and it became easy to understand. Shit just clicked into place. But after prolonged used I sort of became more stupid. I'd forget what I learn very quickly. It affected my work.

There's definitely a middle ground. I think I've found it. Or maybe this is denial. Either way it's a step in the positive direction.

Many thanks to all that offered genuine advice and support. It is much appreciated!

Interesting that this time around you haven't had any real problems. Whenever I've had a big cold turkey break and gone through the associated hell, if I smoke again but quit soon after I also notice a reduction in the severity of withdrawal symptoms. I definitely still feel them though, especially lack of interest in life, no energy and increased anxiety. I hope you can manage weekend-only smoking, really best of luck! I've tried time and time again but always the Monday and usually Tuesday and maybe even Wednesday back at work are bad enough (generally not terrible, but don't allow me to enjoy life very much or function anywhere near my best) to prove that it just won't work for me.

Also you mentioned serotonin in your initial post. I'm convinced it plays a role. When I was on SSRIs I didn't notice any negative effects from smoking and the day(s) after smoking I felt totally fine and back to normal, which is what I've observed in people who are generally happy and relaxed with or without ganja.

Update to the thread. I've had no Internet for a week so I've not been active. I had friends come around and I smoked some weed. I fell back into smoking of a night time until my half ounce was gone. Gave some to friends to take home.

The weed has gone now, and I'm back to "quitting". All is good this time around. Not had any problems really except not being able to sleep. I fill that void with blogging and programming.

I've opted to smoke of a weekend. I do like weed. What I don't want to go back to is daily use. My head feels so clear it's unreal. When I started smoking weed it really helped me to hyperfocus. I remember learning about Markov Chains and being baffled. I smoked some weed and it became easy to understand. Shit just clicked into place. But after prolonged used I sort of became more stupid. I'd forget what I learn very quickly. It affected my work.

There's definitely a middle ground. I think I've found it. Or maybe this is denial. Either way it's a step in the positive direction.

Many thanks to all that offered genuine advice and support. It is much appreciated!

The real willpower is being able to restrict yourself to only smoking at weekends! It can be done.
As far as addiction goes, everyone is different, so the naysayers are completely wrong. I've known people able to give up cigarettes with few problems, yet others continue to smoke even after watching their mother die at a fairly young age of lung cancer (And proclaiming that he was going to give up; 12 years later he continues to smoke up to 40 a day). To me, the reason why some people develop a daily habit whereas others can happily smoke occasionally is due to psychological reasons and of course it can lead to physical dependency.

From the age of 16 to 29 I was a daily smoker, clearing around an ounce a week. I never smoked prior to work, but the first thing I did on returning home was roll a joint and then smoke fairly regularly until bedtime. At weekends I'd pretty much smoke from getting up to going to bed. Many times I told myself I would cut down, but every time I carried on. I think I would still be a daily smoker had I not suffered a serious illness. The severity of the illness landed me in the ICU on diamorphine (heroin basically) for a week, followed by a six month recovery from major surgery with oramorph as a painkiller alongside slow release morphine. Obviously I didn't notice any withdrawals from Cannabis at the time! The weird thing is that I suffered no opioid withdrawals with my doctor telling me one day that it was time to stop the morphine. Within two weeks I was totally clean.

I still think it very odd that I found it so hard to kick the cannabis habit, yet I was able to stop opiates with hardly any tapering! Even now I receive prescription tramadol which I take intermittently for chronic pain following the surgery and I am able to take it for a week without feeling the need to keep on taking it.

Everyone is different and I have seen others struggle with cannabis addiction. Nowadays I find myself able to vape weed on an occasional basis with no temptation to increase my intake.

To The MagicCoder: you can use occasionally, but watch out for the danger signs such as starting to use during the week. If that happens then quit again.

Final point: I didn't use cannabis at all for 8 years; my first use after that time was indeed like trying it for the first time. Resetting tolerance is something that is good practice both for you mind/body and wallet!

The nausea is the worst part for me followed by a TOTAL loss of motivation and the fact that I usually start drinking and doing pills real heavy whenever I don't have some dope to smoke. Really fucks with my head your not the only one dude been smoking multiple times a day for almost 10 years...+

Guys I will never sleep again even sleeping pills won't put me out gonna try melatonin and stuff but god damn I thought opi wd wad bad shit is nothing compared to weed like I have 0 cravings but I wish I could sleep fuck my life man gonna get Al the supplements the magic coder posted even that clay stuff and see if I can help the process along I just feel like smoking so long and everyday has permanent effects I'm not sure but I'm over a week In and still no sleep ugh fml

you have obviously never experienced opiate withdrawl. not even from codeine i suspect.

I know people that have been token daily for over 20 years & I've seen them stop & go on vacation w/o any weed for a month w/o any hitch, then there are others like you that have a hard time quitting.

Everyone is wired differently........there are others that don't like weed at all & find it more dangerous than opiates, go figure, but its real. Weed can be psychologically damaging for dome people (I know people don't like to hear this)

I know I'm gonna get some shit for saying this, but it is only weed. It's addictive properties are known to be mental, rather than physical. If I stop smoking at home it's hard, as weed is always available. If I'm away with work or on holiday it won't even enter my mind. And I smoke a heavy amount daily. I'm not saying you don't feel shit, im just saying that it's probably a psychological thing. You also say you feel nauseated, but mention you've hardly eaten in days.
I just can't believe weed has physically caused your symptoms, I've known hundreds of daily smokers who have stopped with no issues other than slight insomnia and lack of appetite for a few days.

I know I'm gonna get some shit for saying this, but it is only weed. It's addictive properties are known to be mental, rather than physical. If I stop smoking at home it's hard, as weed is always available. If I'm away with work or on holiday it won't even enter my mind. And I smoke a heavy amount daily. I'm not saying you don't feel shit, im just saying that it's probably a psychological thing. You also say you feel nauseated, but mention you've hardly eaten in days.
I just can't believe weed has physically caused your symptoms, I've known hundreds of daily smokers who have stopped with no issues other than slight insomnia and lack of appetite for a few days.
These symptoms are also physicical. Your body is used to be fed with cannabinoïds daily, so your own cannabinoïd production is lowered. Maybe the amount of cannabinoïd receptors as well. The mental phenomena are a physical reaction to that. In an earlier post in this very thread i explained that many people on rimonabant, a drug that blocks endocannabinoïd activity, became depressed and started committing suïcide. They basically went through a drug induced cannabis withdrawal. Some people are more sensitive to it than others, but that argument is true for opiates as well. There are people who say that quitting heroïn is not that hard.

As someone who cold turkeyed off of 120mg of daily methadone after a year of use, this thread is hard to read. Get some melatonin, and go to the gym everyday. Jerk off alot..You're gonna make it.

As someone who cold turkeyed off of 120mg of daily methadone after a year of use, this thread is hard to read. Get some melatonin, and go to the gym everyday. Jerk off alot..You're gonna make it.
Cannabis addiction is too often ridiculised. I don't find these kind of comments very helpfull. Addiction to nicotine may be less severe than addiction to opiates as well, but millions of people die yearly because of it nevertheless. Cannabis addiction is a serious problem and many people suffer from it. It needs to be taken seriously.

By the way, i say this as someone who realy loves cannabis. It's just wise not to overdo it.

Addiction is relative my man. May not be hard for you to quit something but for someone else it may ruin their life.