• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Diazepam best way to take?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coolgirl2014

Bluelighter
About a week ago I took Diazepam 5mg and because I have never taken any sort of benzo before got a pretty good buzz.

Read somewhere that crushing it up and taking it is better? Couldn't find much info on that here. I don't mean crushing and then snorting or anything still orally. Was there any truth to this statement or is taking it whole just as effective?

If its an extended release pill, do NOT crush it. If its instant release, you can get away with it, but it won't increase the onset significantly enough to have much benefit. Stay safe.

- Hopeless Soul

I've never seen an extended release diazepam not to say they don't exist but the typical 5mg pills I get practically dissolve in my mouth before I get the chance to wash it down. Chewing and crushing every pill I've eaten HAS increased the speed of onset.

Normally the extended release valuim comes in a capsule, they also make a liquid solution too.

- Hopeless Soul

Diazepam already has 24 hour+ half-life. So I guess one dose extended release Valuim would effectively last a little more than a week?

Last edited:
This is not a capsule it's a pill. And it doesn't say xr on the prescription bottle (I have a prescription for it.) Also any info on whether taking it on a empty stomach vs eating is better or eating a certain time before you take it or a certain time after?

My experiences with diazepam (and other benzos) is if I take with a lot of food in my stomach, it takes longer for it to kick in. I would swallow it whole or as SKL said, you can crush or dissolve it in your mouth. For me, benzos increase my appetite so I usually would eat sometime after they hit me.

Thanks! Yea I did some research on google and seems most people find taking it on an empty stomach then eating sometime after is best. I noticed when I took it last time it increased my appetite as well. Which is good because I'm on a tolerance break from adderall until I get my script filled so I need the extra calories that it depleted. Thanks again everyone!

chew it up and swish it all around your mouth and then wash it down with water. i prefer to dose it on an empty stomach as well :).

any benzo i take i always sub it meaning i put it under my tongue and let is dissolve for a min or 2 then swallow always had a quicker onset than normal oral ROA

Don't snort it. Eat it, preferably on an empty stomach, as has been mentioned.

I can't imagine crushing it would make a difference, they dissolve so quickly. I like to let benzos melt in my mouth, but that's just my own problem. I doubt it would make a difference if I just gulped them down.

^To my understanding, sublingual administration means a faster onset, but less duration, if I'm not mistaken. So I suppose that's the trade off one has to take into consideration.

I do believe that if you chew it up and absorb the majority of it through your mouth, not stomach eating or not prior will not effect the onset or duration.

I vote you plug them tho

:^)

Thanks for all the advice! I ended up letting it dissolve under the tongue definitely felt stronger then just swallowing.

Oh and today I drank probably 16 oz of white grape fruit juice thirty minutes before, with nothing else in my stomach and may not be the same for everyone but damn that was strong. I know a lot of people say benzos don't give you a high but I must disagree. And this is only with 5mg Valium pill. Def a nice experience

Of course I def prefer uppers, but it's a nice way to get through the weeks when I take tolerance breaks from my Addie's.

yea i generally chew to break and stick it under my tongue for a bit then swallow.

Thanks everyone! And i feel like this is weird but normally when I take my breaks from adderall I feel so tired which I know is normal. But with the 5mg of Valium a day my energy is a lot better... But since bnzos are downers wouldn't this make me more tired? I don't understand why it's helping with the fatigue from adderall break? I'm not taking anything else not even extra caffeine

I thought you had to take them oral, because of the active metabolites it breaks into in liver?

^ I have no idea about any of that but it doesn't really matter to me because I never snort or inject anything ever. I just don't do it I'm too scared ha. Only take stuff orally. I just didn't know if there was a difference between swallowing the pill or chewing it up and swallowing or like letting it dissolve under my tongue. So far the dissolving seems to work best.

I thought you had to take them oral, because of the active metabolites it breaks into in liver?

Well no not really you don't have to go the oral route but you can all your doing is bypassing the stomach like saying you get straight to the point

All subbing does is give you a quicker onset so for example if diazepam usually takes an 30 mins via oral to work for you
Subbing can cut the time down to half give or take

It doesnt effect the bioavailability of it and from personal exp I never felt it effect the duration Although it is arguable ... Even if it did itll be prob to small to notice... Not like you can set a timer on how long it'll last

IMO next to IV subbing is all around the best route if you want almost instant relief, the only downside depending on what you have...it can taste horrendous Xanax is the least fav due to it super bitterness... Klonopin on the other hand has a nice minty flavor which is actually nice

I dont recommend it since I don't know if allergies come into play for some but If applicable I usually mix some Xanax with some food grade vegetable glycerin and a pinch of a candy of sorts I've also used a pinch of Kool aid to help mask the taste

Zero effect on anything other than the taste

Last edited:
About a week ago I took Diazepam 5mg and because I have never taken any sort of benzo before got a pretty good buzz.

Read somewhere that crushing it up and taking it is better? Couldn't find much info on that here. I don't mean crushing and then snorting or anything still orally. Was there any truth to this statement or is taking it whole just as effective?

Take any benzo sublingually, much stronger, faster

Status
Not open for further replies.