• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Loperamide (Imodium (OTC opiate)) high/recreational use and dangers

gwoga1

Greenlighter
Loperamide is sold as an anti-diarrheal OTC, as it doens't cross the blood brain barrier (BBB) well, but still gets absorbed well in the stomach. Since it doesn't cross the BBB well, one can't easily get high from it. However, when taken in large doses, it can very well get you high. My advice would be to take about 20, wait about two hours, redose if needed, and so on. However, I must inform you that this is dangerous. For one thing, Loperamide is known for being potentially bad for the heart. Along with that, it IS possible to overdose and die, the same way one would from say heroin.I know, as back in June of last year, I came very close from dying because of it. The reason it is easy to overdose is because it takes such a long time to kick in. Due to this, it is easy to assume that you need more. I took over 100 2 mg pills over about 10 hours. The last thing I remember was feeling nauseous. I later woke up in an ambulance. My dad had found me completely unresponsive and limp. I was making a very loud noise, which was me gasping for air. If my dad hadn't found right when he did, I wouldn't be alive today. So, it is possible to get (very) high from this, but PLEASE proceed with caution.

Last edited:
Loperamide is sold as an anti-diarrheal OTC, as it doens't cross the blood brain barrier (BBB) well, but still gets absorbed well in the stomach. Since it doesn't cross the BBB well, one can't easily get high from it. However, when taken in large doses, it can very well get you high. My advice would be to take about 20, wait about two hours, redose if needed, and so on. However, I must inform you that this is dangerous. For one thing, Loperamide is known for being potentially bad for the heart. Along with that, it IS possible to overdose and die, the same way one would from say heroin.I know, as back in June of last year, I came very close from dying because of it. The reason it is easy to overdose is because it takes such a long time to kick in. Due to this, it is easy to assume that you need more. I took over 100 2 mg pills over about 10 hours. The last thing I remember was feeling nauseous. I later woke up in an ambulance. My dad had found me completely unresponsive and limp. I was making a very loud noise, which was me gasping for air. If my dad hadn't found right when he did, I wouldn't be alive today. So, it is possible to get (very) high from this, but PLEASE proceed with caution.

Don't take Loperamide in high doses like this.

Taking this medicine is very dangerous especially as you found out it will help with withdrawals but only if you take it as prescribed on the bottle never overdo it not only does it help with the withdrawals but it will also stop you up to no end and then you end up in the emergency room getting what we call in the medical field and ask the last which is not pleasant at all if you need to get high off of something please do not use this medicine I cannot tell you what to use to get high but this medicine is not safe at all to be taking the way that you have taken it so everyone else look up what he said about almost dying and do not take it I hope you all have a good evening

Even if you take it and don't end up dead prepare to feel like your assholes is being shredded by knives the next time you go to the bathroom. As someone who was prescribed oxycontin for a short while after surgery and ignored that I wasn't going to the bathroom for a week or so, it was one of the most painful experiences of my life. Couple the with this medication being meant mainly to induce constipation and you're asking for a nightmare.

To safely get high from that stuff, minus nasty side effects like constipation, you'll need a potentiator. A drug like hydroxyzine will boost the bio, and drag the loperamide thru the BBB with it as it goes thru as the 2 bond to each other to a lessor degree. Point is you do not need 20 tablets, and if you have money enough to buy them, go get the real stuff instead. Sheesh, desperate indeed to take poop meds

Loperamide in the form of Polysorbate 80-Coated Polybutylcyanoacrylate Nanoparticles with or without pGp inhibitors.

If you need help with withdrawal look into kratom it works the same way pain killers do I take it everyday

I have tried this and kratom for withdrawals and found lope to work a little better for me.

When I used to use them I used to take over 60-200mg no problems at at, didnt have tolerance, then i switched to opium, didnt want back after that, sometimes I took 100mg awioth opium and fuck It felt good. But yeah now I take loperamide 200mg once every now and then, to empty stomach I can feel first warm feeling after 30m. But yeah better you dont take this, you dont kow ifi t toxic to youre heart or kiddneys. And the high is not really that good its dirty as hell.

(This post is written in the 3'rd person,
So it isn't necessarily about the individual posting it) Hi guys. I am new to this site and wanted to share a story to, hopefully, prevent anyone from hurting themselves. This stuff can be dangerous, no bullshit! People may think I'm trolling or whatever, but I'm only here to inform and pass along a story of one of my buddies. SWIM discovered lope a few years ago, and found it helpful to get rid of wd's, but also found that enough of it could make him feel fairly good if not taken too frequently. Eventually, he went on Sub's for his love of opiates and didn't have to mess with it anymore. He'd been off subs for about a year, and got squirly about 1.5-2 months ago. He messed around with lope again for about 2 weeks or so, starting off with about 100mgs (with no tolerance), and went up from there. Like anything else, he had the mentality that if a little feels good, a lot will feel excellent. So, one night, he bought a bottle of 200 with the intention of taking 100 pills twice over the course of a week or so. However, with his addict mentality, he ended up downing them all (yes, he realized how dumb it was at the time, but is in that "fuck it. Watever is going to happen is going to happen," place. Add this to extreme depression, and you've got a volatile combination. Now, there are those people out there who will say that it doesn't cross the BBB, and doesn't do anything but cure diarrhea, but they've obviously never tried it at a high enough dose (don't knock it until you've tried it) because by the end of the night, he was slurring his words very noticeably and having trouble keeping his eyes open. He'd been here before with real dope, so he thought nothing of it and went to sleep. When he woke up, he thought he was still dreaming,
because he didn't know where he was and was confused as hell. Turns out he was in the back of an ambulance heading to the er. When he asked what was going on, the paramedics told him he had od'd. Impossible he said, because he hadn't taken anything. Took a few minutes to realize that it must have been the lope, because they told him it had taken 2 shots of naloxone to bring him back. Fortunately, his girlfriend had found him when she did, be cause the high dose had triggered a full blown NSTEMI heart attack. All the narcotics tests had come back negative, since they don't test for lope, so at least he didn't have to explain another drug related hospitalization to his family. He spent another 4 days in the hospital under observation, because they couldn't figure out what had caused the heart attack in the first place. They ended up deciding that it was triggered by a seizure since he is also epileptic. He is home now and back to 100%. Fortunately, his gf had found him right after it had happened and there was no brain damage (he had stopped breathing almost entirely for a little while). So, the main point of this post is to warn everyone that otc does not mean safe. SWIM's story will be posted in any other lope related threads, not to double post the same story but to warn people. He realizes that this was a downright idiotic move on his part, but as he said, depression+ addiction + not giving a damn = recipe for disaster. Therefore, he would like to skip all the criticism, because he knew it was dangerous but just didn't care. So, the moral of this story is BE CAREFUL with this stuff. just because it isn't regulated by the DEA doesn't mean is not dangerous. He would almost recommend sticking to real dope that you are familiar with and know the right amount to take (this is not 100% safe by any means, but not necessarily 100% more dangerous either). If you are going to take the plunge, start small and give yourself a few days in between each use. Lope had a pretty long half - life (19 hours), so you may end up taking more than intended if taken too close together. THIS POST IS NOT WRITTEN BY A TROLL TRYING TO START AN ARGUMENT. JUST SOMEONE TRYING TO POSSIBLY SAVE LIVES! Also, please don't take this post down for appearing in more than 1 thread. I want to reach as many people as possible and tell SWIM's story to warn them. So, to everyone else in the same boat as him, stay up and BE SAFE!

Hi guys, I'm new to the site and I just wrote The above post before reading the rules. I didn't realize we weren't supposed to say SWIM, so I'm editing and reposting my story. I'm sorry, and I don't mean to make 2 almost identical posts right next to each other. I just want to get this out there because I almost died from it just over a month ago. Please feel free to delete my first post, but I'm begging you to leave this one up. It may save a life!

Hi guys. I am new to this site and wanted to share a story to, hopefully, prevent anyone from hurting themselves. Loperamide/Immodium can be dangerous, no bullshit! People may think I'm trolling or whatever, but I'm only here to inform. I discovered lope a few years ago, and found it helpful to get rid of wd's, but also found that enough of it could make me feel fairly good if not taken too frequently. Eventually, i went on Sub's for my love of opiates and didn't have to mess with it anymore. I'd been off subs for about a year, and got squirly about 1.5-2 months ago. I messed around with lope again for about 2 weeks or so, starting off with about 100mgs (with no tolerance), and went up from there. Like anything else, i had the mentality that if a little feels good, a lot will feel excellent. So, one night, i bought a bottle of 200 with the intention of taking 100 pills twice over the course of the next week or so. However, with my addict mentality, i ended up downing them all (yes, i realized how dumb it was at the time, but was in that "fuck it. Watever is going to happen is going to happen," place. Add this to extreme depression, and you've got a volatile combination. Now, there are those people out there who will say that it doesn't cross the BBB, and doesn't do anything but cure diarrhea, but they've obviously never tried it at a high enough dose (don't knock it until you've tried it) because by the end of the night, i was slurring my words very noticeably and having trouble keeping my eyes open. I'd been here before with real dope, so he thought nothing of it and went to sleep. When i woke up, i thought i was still dreaming,
because i didn't know where i was and was confused as hell. Turns out i was in the back of an ambulance heading to the er. When i asked what was going on, the paramedics told me I'd od'd. Impossible i said, because i hadn't taken anything. Took a few minutes to realize that it must have been the lope, because they told me it had taken 2 shots of naloxone to bring me back. Fortunately, my girlfriend had found me when she did, be cause the high dose had triggered a full blown NSTEMI heart attack. All the narcotics tests had come back negative, since they don't test for lope, so at least i didn't have to explain another drug related hospitalization to my family. I spent another 4 days in the hospital under observation, because they couldn't figure out what had caused the heart attack in the first place. They ended up deciding that it was triggered by a seizure since I'm also epileptic. I am home now and back to 100%. Fortunately, my gf had found me right after it had happened and there was no brain damage (i had stopped breathing almost entirely for a little while). So, the main point of this post is to warn everyone that otc does not mean safe. My story will be posted in any other lope related threads, not to double post the same story but to warn people. I realize that this was a downright idiotic move on my part, but as i said, depression+ addiction + not giving a damn = recipe for disaster. Therefore, i would like to skip all the criticism, because i knew it was dangerous but just didn't care. So, the moral of this story is BE CAREFUL with this stuff. just because it isn't regulated by the DEA doesn't mean it's not dangerous. I would almost recommend sticking to real dope that you are familiar with and know the right amount to take (this is not 100% safe by any means, but obviously, it's not necessarily 100% more dangerous either). If you are going to take the plunge, start small and give yourself a few days in between each use. Lope had a pretty long half - life (19 hours), so you may end up taking more than intended if taken too close together. I'M NOT A TROLL MAKING SHIT UP AND TRYING TO START AN ARGUMENT. JUST SOMEONE TRYING TO POSSIBLY SAVE LIVES! Also, please don't take this post down for appearing in more than 1 thread. I want to reach as many people as possible and tell my story to warn them. So, to drug lovers everywhere, stay up and STAY SAFE!

Howw much youre friend took when he OD'd? I've taken 200mg over 10 times and never felt being`even close to overdose. But one time I took gabapentin 3g and loperamide 130mg I really scared that my breathing wouldstop, gapapentin boosted it a alot, it felt really great. This was one my favorite opioid once because of the long duration, but I'm better with poppy if I'm going to take opioids again.

When it happened, I ate a bottle of 200 pills, so I had ingested 400mg. On top of that, I think I had done it only two days earlier, so because the long Half-Life I would have still had some left in my system from that. And, remember what I had said. I had absolutely zero tolerance because I had been off of everything for quite a while. Stupid as hell, I know, but I have a tendency to take things to the most extreme level possible from time to time.