• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Very SERIOUS phenibut addiction. HELP!

Ok about that seizure thing I forgot to mention im a hypochondriac, last month i thought i had a brain tumor and thought i had a problem with my heart and so on. One thing I do know is Im addicted to this shit and I need off. So im finally able to get health care and so maybe I tell I go the taper route, im thinking I get gabentin and im ganna drop it like 5 grams every 2 weeks while taking gabentin, and if that dosent work then im going to a hospital and try to explain to them what im taking. I hope they dont think im lying when I ask for the medication. Also this is the same person who posted I just forgot my password

Last edited:
Oh yeah and what do I tell the docter? its not like hes going to know what the hell phenibut. If I were to get the gabapentin, which is what I plan. and how do I know how much im suppose to take. By the way that guy above me is me. I forgot my password for a minute

Compare it to GHB or baclofen, those are its closest relative outside other gabaergic drugs. It is also remarkably like alcohol and some longer acting benzodiazepines.

Gabapentin isn't all that useful for detoxing from phentibut from what I understand. You would be better off using something like diazepam or baclofen (baclofen being easier to get prescribed).

I can't get into a hospital without health insurance my family won't let me. So fuck this I'm tired of being on this I tapered down to 19 grams i was tapering 1 gram every two weeks but this is taking to long. Im going to drop down to 15 grams tomorrow and suffer the withdrawal. Wish me luck

Please let people around you know what you are doing so that if anything happens like you start siezing they will call an ambulance right away. Do you have a doctor? Going cold turkey off phentI but can be very dangerous. Please at least try and order more so you can do a proper taper.

Hey OP!

Toothpastedog is usually (I.e. Always) right, I learned that awhile ago. Please, please, please tell someone close to you in case of an emergency. The worst possible scenario, in my mind, is that you try this and have a medical emergency and no one knows why or what you are on. Medical personnel will be able to help you so much quicker and more effectively if they know what is wrong!

- VE

Hey mate, I had a bad phenibut addiction and subsequent rough cold turkey WD in which I now know that I was dangerously close to having a seizure. I would strongly recommend that you taper. Tapering will not only keep you in the clear from having a seizure but it will also make the WD much more bearable although your discipline must be able to be maintained for a long time (in WD terms). Personally I would try dropping down 100mg every day or two, whatever you feel you can do.
I know how you feel and I felt the same when I decided to quit. I felt like I was permenantly cognitively blunted but after 2-3 months everything was back in check.
With your habit you are facing a hefty battle but it is totally doable.

I agree with withcheeseplease - starting a taper will make the entire experience much more bearable and will reduce the intensity and duration of protracted withdrawal or post Acure withdrawal syndrome (PAWS), which can last an extremely long time if you quit cold turkey because of excitotoxicity. I was cut off of a ten year daily Xanax habit that resulted in years of recovery because of the exitotoxicity reaction I endured due to having to immediately stop. Had I been allowed to do a taper I would have only had to deal with PAWS for six months or so. The exitotoxicity did significant damage to my nervous system. I quit Xanax in February 2010 and I am only 80% recovered...I would not wish this on anyone.

I recently went to the docters from an od of many drugs, I spent 3 days in there and i told them everything, they couldent get me into a rehab because I don't have an id. I haven't drank or took phenibut in nearly 5 days and its like nothing has changed?

I need to stop fucking around and taper, I tried once but failed just cus i wanted to feel it but no amount has an effect on me

First off, I wish you the best of luck in your endeavor. Phenibut was the drug that turned me off of doing drugs in a recreational setting. It took just one night of compulsive redosing to scare me into throwing the entire tub away. You need help and clearly know that you need help. It's just a matter of finding the right resources. It will be very hard to taper with enough of the drug in sight to slip up. If traditional rehab is not possible, I would suggest keeping in touch with the doctor so that they may give recommendations on a tapering protocol and be there to answer questions if you have unexpected side effects. The second recommendation would be to spend a bit of time living with a friend or your family and give them the drug so that they may be the one to measure and dispense it. There will be an urge to take more if there is more in front of you. I hope these ideas can help formulate a path forward.

Cut down as much as possible. What helped a friend of mine was he diluted like 5 grams into a gallon of water so he couldn't possibly drink enough to get any more than "well" (normal).

Otherwise gabapentin and baclofen would help. Your family will not hate you If you come to them asking for help

Wow I forgot I made this post. I was so gone from reality. I can't believe that was 3 years of that. Anyway I thought I should post again to say that I finally got clean off that shit and everything else I was taking. I've been clean for around 9 months now.

That's so awesome chipah! I'm glad you got away from your addiction and you're doing so well. 9 months is amazing.

If you don't mind me asking how'd you finally get away from it? Was it a taper, rehab, cold turkey?

Wow I forgot I made this post. I was so gone from reality. I can't believe that was 3 years of that. Anyway I thought I should post again to say that I finally got clean off that shit and everything else I was taking. I've been clean for around 9 months now.

Great job! How did you end up doing it?

I'm so glad for you! And thanks for the update; it's really inspiring to hear about peoples' victories.

Like others, I'm curious how you moved on. If you have time and the inclination, we'd love to hear how you did it.

Thank you everyone. And I tried the taper a million times but I realized I couldn't do it. I was drinking heavy, 10 to 20 beers a day if I could, on top of god knows how much phenibut. I got to a point I wasn't even measuring it. My hands were shaking way to bad to even measure so I just dumped a shit load into a cup at once and downed it. It was disgusting. I've taken at most 80 grams in a day. I got so bad to a point I had become a zombie. I truly went insane. I remember fighting it trying to quit for so long. One day I had already drank and took phenibut and I decided to go out and buy a bag of dope. I was given the bag of dope and a xanax bar on top of it. I was wondering the streets and on my way home I collapsed in the middle of the road at 5 in the morning. I was lucky an ambulance happened to be driving by and picked me up, if they didn't see me I would have died. They narcanned me twice. I woke up in the hospital and thought I'm either going to get sober or in going to die that was it. So while in the hospital they sent me home because I didn't have health insurance but they gave me a script of light benzos and told me good luck. So I kicked that shit on my couch. It was probably the lowest point I've ever been in my life lol. Hallucinations, uncontrollable shaking, pain all over my body. But after that my family had connections to get me into a rehab. The first 3 months were rough, but as time goes on it gets a lot better. I have a sponsor I've been going through the 12 steps. I can honestly say that threw that hole ordeal I've never felt better in my life. Thank god I made it and I'm off of drugs. Id say to anyone struggling with addiction that its 100% possible, its not easy but its worth it. Life is so much better being clean. But you have to want it and fight for it like your life depends on it because it does.

I guess to summarize I got clean because I was fed up with the way I was living. I knew there had to be a better way of life cause that just wasn't it lol. I got sober because there's people who love me and the way I was going I was going to die. And I can't do that to them. But most importantly I did it for myself.

And how are you feeling these days, chipah?

As it happens, like you, I recently passed the 9-month mark since finally (after years of trying and a story not too different from yours) getting off heroin. I'm actually finding this phase in the recovery process to be quite difficult...it's not new any more. But maybe that's just my own recovery-related ebb and flow. I hope you're doing well. Your thread is very inspiring.

Compare it to GHB or baclofen, those are its closest relative outside other gabaergic drugs. It is also remarkably like alcohol and some longer acting benzodiazepines.

Gabapentin isn't all that useful for detoxing from phentibut from what I understand. You would be better off using something like diazepam or baclofen (baclofen being easier to get prescribed).
Hey OP!

Toothpastedog is usually (I.e. Always) right, I learned that awhile ago. Please, please, please tell someone close to you in case of an emergency. The worst possible scenario, in my mind, is that you try this and have a medical emergency and no one knows why or what you are on. Medical personnel will be able to help you so much quicker and more effectively if they know what is wrong!

- VE

I understand this thread is pretty old, but for anyone surfing the web looking for advice on jumping off phenibut I believe it is important to point out that this information actually is incorrect. Gabapentin is a lifesaver in regards to phenibut withdrawal and
can save you from the worst of the withdrawal. Just be aware of the potential risk of withdrawal from gabapentin as well. It is a fairly benign drug but there is risk of seizures discontinuing and other symptoms if not slowly tapered just like with all gaba related drugs.