Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

please get rid of viceland

The problem I have with the station is that it appears to pander to SJW's or basically anynone who isn't a white male because hey fuck white males, they are an endangered spices, am I right?..... I love the look of the station I just hate the (subversive hate of white males, notice the ONLY white male you will see on the station is toothless and tattooed?) ugly gap toothed (obviously white privileged female) fashion correspondent, that loves everything that she has no genetic resemblance to...... For a person that loves weed as much as I do, I hate the weedequite? fuck I dont care to know how its spelled, it's just hey fuck that white man making all that money, horaay for white women owning pot farms! Seriously Vice as a whole is hemorrhaging money and will most likely be a footnote in 2 years!

^ did you contact them? what did they say? i am interested in this because i recently dumped comcast/xfinity. we were paying - takes a deep breath - $160 a month and it was just silly. we were lucky that there was another provider in our street (actually we got to choose between surewest fiber and at&t uverse fiber) so we went with surewest. it was awesome being able to tell comcast that we were cancelling. honestly, they didn't put up much of a fight - 2 grand a year walking out the door and they seemed like they could not have cared less. do i think my cancellation had any effect? no. but i know 3 other friends who have dumped cable and others who are considering it. cable has had an effective monopoly for so long i think they've become somewhat complacent in terms of service - a couple of years ago comcast was voted the worst company in america. this is worse than banks involved in the collapse and oil companies who drill and spill! alasdair
I hate oil companies too but would welcome any private company insuring a fuel supply line to my city versus the alternative, unless you like living thrid world which is what VICELAND cable PAYER's face! In case you didn't check before commenting VICELAND is indeed taking over H2. No need to fret, these third generation wannabe communist third world homosexual degenerate hippies will bankrupt their company by the end of this year! They're putting a show together espousing the virtues of incest! They are so fucking hip!

viceland does it's own thing and i love them for it

they're willing to take risks other networks are not, most of their original series are worth watching if you're into anthony burdain like adventure shows

they kind of hammer the nail on the head and show they have some self awareness when they advertise with a commercial that's just a pie chart proclaiming that they're overhyped and overproduced, but oh well i like cocky media

There was some decent show about PCP the other day. I think it's part of a series and the episode was "A Positive PCP Story" or some such name.

I still miss History Channel 2. The main one has gone off the rails. There's barely any documentaries or interesting historical stuff anymore.

The only thing worth watching is The Curse of Oak Island and even that pisses me off because the show had to invent some curse about 7 people dying or some bullshit. Oak Island is already super interesting without that curse bullshit.

want a good docc - any louis theroux... there a new one out on jimmy savile. and louis doesnt make a bad doccy . ever.

Hamilton's Pharmacopeia is basically like if the Psychedelic Drugs forum got a show.

Every television show or documentary I have ever seen on the topic of drugs (that wasn't just misinformed/disinforming anti-drug propaganda brought to you by the NIDA and sponsored by the prison lobby) has been totally redundant. Fair enough, they make an appeal for the potential medicinal uses of psychedelic drugs, or point out the racist, classist history of the War on Drugs, but if you were already interested enough in the topic of psychoactives to have read basically anything about them beforehand, then you already know everything they are going to say. In fact, we often see pro-drug/anti-drug war documentaries dangerously misrepresent facts, oversimplify, or state old school drug culture rumor/myth/hearsay as fact, which ends up becoming a detriment to the movement it is attempting to protect.

I mean, essentially it is good that there are documentaries trying to get the anti-anti-drug propaganda message out there; that psychedelics and marijuana have multitudinous therapeutic and medical applications and that recreational users are capable of using them responsibly, and that treating heroin and cocaine users and dealers like enemy insurgents in ISIS controlled territory doesn't benefit anyone who isn't a politician looking for a scapegoat, a member of the prison lobby, or the violent, antisocial head of their own drug cartel, but the arguments themselves are so rudimentary and full of holes that they often fail to actually convince anybody who either holds an opposing viewpoint or is on the fence to change their minds, and this is despite having literally all of the facts on their side. They simply lack the nuance to present them properly.

Perhaps I am digressing a bit, but I suppose what I am trying to say is that there have never been any "next level" pro-drug documentaries, at least as far as TV and mainstream availability are concerned. Hamilton's Pharmacopeia is the first televised documentary series I have seen that does, at long last, take it to that "next level," acknowledging that drugs like Salvia and Psilocybin containing mushrooms are relatively safe with proper knowledge and preparation while not glorifying the abuse of methaqualone or ignoring the very real dangers of PCP (while also not demonizing it either). I'm actually learning things I never knew about these drugs every episode I tune in on, which I assumed would never happen until I bothered to learn how G-Protein Coupling actually works or read the abstracts of the most cutting edge psychedelic research on Pubmed. It's nice.

I wish this show was around a few years ago when I actively took drugs and was therefore more intellectually invested in them, but for now it manages to evoke nostalgic mindset of a more adventurous time, while also dropping neat little nuggets of history, neurology, and biochemistry here and there.

Last edited:
^ Hamilton's Pharmacopeia.

This show is just awesome. They occasionally discuss compounds I'm not thrilled to see discussed on tv, but the small amount of info I got on in vivo studies of 5-bromo-dmt answered a question I've had about psychedelic sponge derived tryptamines for years now.

Yeah, I really liked that show, what I saw of it at least. I vaguely remember Hamilton mentioning 5-bromo-DMT, perhaps in a Vice article at some point. Probably nothing more than a bit of speculation. I missed that episode of his show though, I'll definitely have to take another look at that series soon.

I really liked the salvia episode. I tried smoking the stuff when it was still available here in Australia. It was interesting as a one-off experience but I had no further desire to use it until I saw the effect that chewing it had on Hamilton. That is hopefully something I'll get to try in the future, unfortunately the Aus government banned it a few years back so it has become quite difficult to get.

vice was ok a few years ago, they've basically blown all their ideas.

Hamilton's pharmacopia is an awesome show. Oak Island is cool too, I agree. And I don't think it's so much a curse....... I think there's something related to extraterrestrials down there. That's just my theory.