• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

please get rid of viceland

Dtresearch17

Bluelighter
The only reason I had TV was to watch history 2 and other educational TV . now we have "gaycation, and balls deep in my ass . like seriously who the fuck would watch the same 2 hours of gay people walking around saying the same thing. I have no problem with gay people but I don't need my favorite shows replaced with gaycation...seriously this company is done if they don't bring H2 back.

call me crazy but does your tv have some kind of special button that allows you to change the channel or switch it off?

problem solved.

alasdair

Regardless of being able to channel switch, this new channel is motherfucking BS. I was super pissed when they started having commercials about it in February, and they said how "Your favorite H2 programs will be on History". Well so far History has stayed History. They have too many reality type shows. I didn't even mind H2's more outlandish shows like "Ancient Aliens" (which started out not so zany), "Monster Quest", and "Hangar 1". They had a lot of repeats of cool shows about the Presidents, or different wars, or Benjamin Franklin, the mafia, drugs, etc. Plus informative shows like "The States" or "How the States Got Their Shapes".

Plus other ones I liked and found interesting, shows like "Brad Meltzer's Decoded" and "Lost History with Brad Meltzer", "The United Stuff of America", "America's Secret Slang", "American Book of Secrets". A lot of those shows had really cool anecdotes that helped get a different view of how some historical things occurred. Had those other ones like, "101 Gadgets that Changed the World" or "101 Weapons...." or "101 Fast Foods...."

If it wasn't one of those shows then it was stuff like "Modern Marvels", "The Universe", "Life After People".

There's others I'm forgetting. They show some of those on History now, but they've always showed some on History now and then. History 2, H2, used to be comprised almost solely of these shows and it was a channel I could almost always put on as either background or something to get interested in for a bit.

Stupid Viceland

Ya that's what I'm saying obviously I can just change the channel but that doesn't solve the problem of there being no more h2

so what you actually meant to write was "bring back h2"?

alasdair

Ya bring back h2 and get rid of viceland are the same thing dude I'm unsure what the point of clarifying that is. Gaycation, balls deep and fat guy eats food is not a channel

Ya bring back h2 and get rid of viceland are the same thing dude...
i disagree. to me, your problem is not with viceland per se but that they got rid of a channel you liked to accommodate it. it's possible for h2 to return without viceland going away - they're not mutually exclusive.

it looks like you're not the only one complaining: Consumer complaints and reviews about history channel but if you look at the post by 'stvo711' you'll see that h2 is "...still on in over 60 other markets".

alasdair

I quite enjoyed the stoned kids episode. Maybe try watching that one.

who's your tv provider, dtresearch17? have you contacted them? what did they say?

i wonder if consumers have any power at all when it comes to this kind of thing.

alasdair

Direct TV I haven't contacted them. I'm just gonna get some kind of other TV service I mostly just use the internet these days anyway

take this at face value - if you really wanted to try to do something about this (as opposed to just having a moan on the internet), why post a rant on bluelight about it rather than contacting your vendor, telling them how you feel and asking them to do something about it?

alasdair

Perhaps he was so frustrated he needed to vent somewhere first. Then be proactive about it once he'd let off some steam.

i prefer to not assume, hence my questions.

thanks for the perspective, though.

alasdair

You make a perfectly valid point in your questions, I suppose i was just trying to understand him myself...

I have Xfinity and they took away H2 and replaced with Viceland.

Regular History channel ends normal programming at 4am and picks up at 7am. History 2 (H2) used to have normal programming until 5am and then picked up again at 7am.

If you only have regular cable there isn't many options late at night like that. I would sometimes catch whatever was on from 4am-5am. Now I'm history-less at from 4am-5am.

^ did you contact them? what did they say?

i am interested in this because i recently dumped comcast/xfinity. we were paying - takes a deep breath - $160 a month and it was just silly. we were lucky that there was another provider in our street (actually we got to choose between surewest fiber and at&t uverse fiber) so we went with surewest. it was awesome being able to tell comcast that we were cancelling. honestly, they didn't put up much of a fight - 2 grand a year walking out the door and they seemed like they could not have cared less.

do i think my cancellation had any effect? no. but i know 3 other friends who have dumped cable and others who are considering it. cable has had an effective monopoly for so long i think they've become somewhat complacent in terms of service - a couple of years ago comcast was voted the worst company in america. this is worse than banks involved in the collapse and oil companies who drill and spill!

alasdair

I actually really enjoy Viceland I had been looking forward to it ever since I heard them talking about it on their site. Although it sucks they got rid of H2 there are some really good shows like Noisy and Thats F*ckin delicious.

Plus right now they got a show on about Quentin Tarantino.

I'd much rather watch Viceland than all the boring ass corporate controlled fake news station with old people who dont understand the younger generations. But hey, if you hate Vice, there's always Fox and CNN. Turn the fucking channel.