Writing-up Self medicated psychedelic case study

OSUresearcher

Greenlighter
Hello. My name is Jessica, and I am a first-year doctoral student in counseling psychology who is seeking a participant for a case study that I am required to do as part of a qualitative research course. The purpose of my study is to document the experience of someone who has self-medicated a formal psychological diagnosis with a psychedelic substance. If you meet the following qualifications and would be willing to be interviewed via phone or Skype, please contact me through this forum/site. In exchange for your time, I will send you a $15 Visa gift certificate/card via email or regular mail (your preference).

To qualify you must:

• have received a formal diagnosis from a mental health professional
  • have taken either psilocybin, LSD, or ayahuasca in hopes of self-treating your diagnosis (i.e., Participant should have taken the substance a limited number of times with the specific intent of targeting psychological symptoms, as opposed to someone who uses psychedelic substances on a regular basis for multiple purposes)
    • NOTE: Individuals using microdosing methods will not qualify.
  • be willing to participate in a recorded interview (approximately 45 minutes to an hour) about your experience via phone (preferable) or Skype. I am required to submit an audio file of the interview, along with transcripts.
Please note:

• I only need one participant. Unfortunately, I will not be able to include all who contact me, but instead will have to screen potential participants.
  • Your identity will remain anonymous. I will not use your name in the final paper, and will not say your name in the recording.
  • I will NOT ask any questions about how or where anything was obtained.

Thank you for taking the time to read this,

Jessica Collins, M.A.
Doctoral Student|Counseling Psychology
School of Applied Health and Educational Psychology
Oklahoma State University

Last edited by a moderator: