• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Dxm trip

Doglovergirl

Greenlighter
I am planning to get high on delsym Dextromethorphan . My dad sleeps kinda late and usually around 12-2 am. I definitely don't want to get caught . What time should I take dxm? I know it takes awhile to kick in. When it does kick in,will I feel first plateau after an hour or so and then second plateau after another hour ? How does that work ? Btw I am taking 400 mg. also , how long will the second plateau last? I know I will feel something for a day or two, but will the second plateau end after 8 hours and then I will feel first plateau for the rest of the duration ? My dad will wake up around 10-11 am. Will I be safe to take this without getting caught ?

Don't start getting anxious before your first "trip". Use the search engine and look up DXM. You should probably do some research first. Saying 400mg isn't good enough. Here is an example. How old are you?( for experience sake). Have you "tripped before"? What are you expecting? Are there any other drugs involved? What will you do, if things do not go right? Do you have a sitter, friend to hang with? See my point. I tripped on DXM probably 100 times. There are a few things you need to know, before you up and dose 400mg. It can be enlightening, scary, dull, crazy. I suggest you read the DXM faq. DXM is no joke. If you understand that much, great. It is not a classical psychedelic. Mixing different things will give you different results. Tripping with some friends, listening to a Dead album might be perfect. Spazzing out to EMT's and police, because you don't understand what's going on is quite different. Go read DXM information on here and check out the Erowid DXM vault while you're at it. If you want me to treat you like you know some shit and can handle yourself, remember set and setting, I don't recommend mixing other drugs this first time. Start low, like 100mg-200mg and watch a movie. Be in a mentally happy place. Don't drink any ALCOHOL. You should be able to handle that. I seriously advise reading the faq and any other threads on here. Most importantly, make sure the product is DXM ONLY. After searching and understanding what you want to do, post in Basic Drug Discussion. You will get a lot of help there. Psychedelic Drugs also has threads. Everyone is different. My good time could suck for you. This is called being subjective. Just because candyflipper123 can drink 24 ounces and have a wonderful time, doesn't mean anything. Nobody knows what meds you take or how they will effect you. DXM is pretty tame at lower dosages, but you have to be prepared none the less. Have fun.

Last edited:
Yes, do your homework, go to all the forums & learn all you can. This has a few functions, including if you get a non-typical reaction, you have studied what it should be, such as if it's adulterated etc. Also, knowing the most about a new experience allows a better set & setting with makes any difficult moments less so, as well as getting down the dosing etc.
Be careful. Go to the MAPS site & spend a couple hours watching Zendo videos, http://www.zendoproject.org/
and reading up. http://www.maps.org/resources Good luck.
TripSit ; https://chat.tripsit.me/

Don't start getting anxious before your first "trip". Use the search engine and look up DXM. You should probably do some research first. Saying 400mg isn't good enough. Here is an example. How old are you?( for experience sake). Have you "tripped before"? What are you expecting? Are there any other drugs involved? What will you do, if things do not go right? Do you have a sitter, friend to hang with? See my point. I tripped on DXM probably 100 times. There are a few things you need to know, before you up and dose 400mg. It can be enlightening, scary, dull, crazy. I suggest you read the DXM faq. DXM is no joke. If you understand that much, great. It is not a classical psychedelic. Mixing different things will give you different results. Tripping with some friends, listening to a Dead album might be perfect. Spazzing out to EMT's and police, because you don't understand what's going on is quite different. Go read DXM information on here and check out the Erowid DXM vault while you're at it. If you want me to treat you like you know some shit and can handle yourself, remember set and setting, I don't recommend mixing other drugs this first time. Start low, like 100mg-200mg and watch a movie. Be in a mentally happy place. Don't drink any ALCOHOL. You should be able to handle that. I seriously advise reading the faq and any other threads on here. Most importantly, make sure the product is DXM ONLY. After searching and understanding what you want to do, post in Basic Drug Discussion. You will get a lot of help there. Psychedelic Drugs also has threads. Everyone is different. My good time could suck for you. This is called being subjective. Just because candyflipper123 can drink 24 ounces and have a wonderful time, doesn't mean anything. Nobody knows what meds you take or how they will effect you. DXM is pretty tame at lower dosages, but you have to be prepared none the less. Have fun.

The first time you do DXM will typically be the strongest time you will have in your DXM experiences. Like Speed King says, do your HW. DXM isn't a drug to take lightly, especially if it is your first drug. Nothing is more scary than being in the 3th/4th plateau on accident without realizing and thinking you are dead or dying while staring at a small light in the dark.

400mg on your first experience can feel a lot more than 2nd plateau due to no tolerance, and you're not sure what your metabolism of DXM is like yet.

This thread is pretty much over, but I am going to put my 2 cents in. Every time I dose on DXM (Particularly Delsym) The trip gets more intense every time. 1500 mg really never did and never does have me seriously tripping. When I take 1800+ is when I start to really zone out and my whole body feels like stone. Don't do this if you are going to be potentially checked on in the next 16 hours, unless you are dosing 400 mg. I am 110 pounds and I do not get any results, so you should be fine. Depends on your tolerance. Good luck!

-Cashin :)

DO NOT use Delsym when robotripping that is the shittiest nastiest shit. Get robitussin with no guafcine because it has DXM HBR not DXM polystyrex

DXM Polystyrex lasts way longer than DXM Hbr., so that's something to take into consideration.

It depends my friend would take 480 mg throw up all over my bathroom all night and look trashed under the covers slurring eyes all retarded it wouldnt take inspector gadet to find out hes high. I took 240 to 480 mg everyday for 4 years but I had tolerence and chemicals for side effects and practiced my walking and speach daily.

Imo delsym is a lot on the body when consuming that much. Always felt nasty the next day. Theres much better drugs to trip on then DXM. Mushrooms lsd (if u can find it), 2c, nitrous oxide. Lots of fun ones