Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

LSD - Microdosing, I think I'll stick with coffee

Wutang_Forever

Bluelighter
Dose: 1/6th stamp of B+ grade LSD

Setting: AM agriculture classes

1/6th Dose was eaten at 9AM instead of morning coffee.

10AM: I arrive at class, noticing a few of the typical physical side effects: increased salivation, better energy
10:30AM: Light mental effects now noted, feeling antsy and altered thought pattern. Can't focus at all.
11AM: My lab partner tries to talk to me about our poster, the interaction is difficult and feels forced.
11:15AM: Walking to next class, it's snowing like crazy. Things are close to normal, but slightly off. Not in a good way.
11:30AM: Restlessness gets to me. I couldn't handle sitting around 100 other students, I bike home in the cold.
NOON: I make an omelette and eat away my weird buzz.

Conclusion: Microdosing does NOT replace caffeine, I'm thinking there's a dosage issue in there too. Maybe I should go with 1/8 a square next time.
Is this typical of micro-dosing? Can someone share the effects of what i should be shooting for? Thanks!

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_lsd
substancecode_lysergamides
explevel_experienced
exptype_neutral
roacode_sublingual

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you normally drink coffee? It's not exactly a controlled experiment if you skip coffee the same day you microdose, because then you might confuse caffeine withdrawal for the effects of the LSD microdose. I would suggest taking the microdose with coffee next time, unless you are specifically looking for a caffeine substitute, in which case you should stay off caffeine for at least a week before attempting the microdose.

It does sound like your dose was a little bit too big.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure microdosing is supposed to as close to sub-perceptual as possible. I tried this with shrooms a couple times...too big a dose and the brain starts to notice that it's not operating normally (yet it's not a big enough dose for it to realize it's the shrooms). Things just felt eery. Much more successful with a smaller dose.
Also, don't expect it to feel precisely like coffee. They operate on different networks in the brain, so while it may energize you, it won't replicate caffeine.

I've expiremented with microdosing especially on days where I only got a couple hours of sleep. My doses were 1/8th tab claimed to be 110+ug per tab. I found that the effects weren't perceptible except for that wakefulness and feeling happy and smiling all day long. I didn't really have a need for coffee and sometimes skipped my coffee at work other times had coffee. I didn't notice any caffeine withdrawal either but that's just me (weekends I can skip my coffee feel the withdrawal take a 1/2 or full tab of LSD and the withdrawal symptoms disappear). Anyways, my experience with microdosing has been positive and for me I can use it as a caffeine substitute especially when my sleeping habits are poor some nights (been like that since I was kid).

i think long term expsoure of highly potent 5hta2 agonists isnt good for your brain chemistry,also tolerance will develop fast

Not to hi-jack, but truly to answer OP to get a sense of what I was aiming for in my micro-dose experiment . . .

Age at time of trip: mid forties
Sex: male
Weight: 100kg

I am in the middle of a microdose of 1p-lsd and am loving every minute of it.
Before a TR, a bit about me: Dropped hundreds of times in the nineties, mostly white blotter, some red or blue hieroglyph, some Phish tour stuff. Had an excellent source for a decade, always perfect. Got used to taking 4-5 tabs for a trippy day, and 1-2 for a normality dose.

I stopped doing it for 3 years, then found a tab on Commercial Drive in Van in 1999. The dealer said it was Swirling Rose from GD stock. Took a half hit and hid under my blanket for a few hours because of being overwhelmed by visual overlays of lace and geo-patterns! Could only hope to come down. In retrospect, that was what I was going for, but was just shocked by the result from such a small dose.

Fast forward to today, and I am carefully eating 1/4 tab of 100mcg 1p-lsd from Canadian vendor.

8:30am ; Eat breakfast of 1 egg, two pieces dry toast and coffee with milk.

9:37am ; Eat 1/8 tab of the 1P-lsd. Taste only paper, feels clean of chems.

9:50am ; Start to feel energetic, forehead heat, metallic taste/feel.

11:30am ; No visuals, open or closed, minor body tired/excitement/load feeling.

12:30pm ; Eat second 1/8 tab. Still feeling just a bit brighter, colours and edges sharper.

12:50pm ; Feel more traditional body come up. Long stare at wood grain reveals the slightest undulation.

1:30pm ; I suppose this is my peak, feels fine and dandy. Had three bowel movements today already, trying to remember if acid did that to me back in the day. I think 1p has a more clinical feel, not so emotional. No secrets to reveal at this level, but man can I mix music and edit! Just focused and fun energy.

4:30pm ; Finished mixing, which was unusually fun, even for music mixing! Had a dab of Gorilla Glue shatter and got smacked back with solid forehead heat, body rush, and endless creeping smile. Face hurts a bit from smiling now, a good thing!

5:00pm ; Soaking in a warm bath, writing last entry. Will have no trouble sleeping later. All in all 25mcg was fun, easy, and more body than anything. Maybe 5omcg next time, but that is not micro by any measure.

10:00pm ; This is maybe why I should have done the whole 25 at once, instead of staggering. Despite no real visuals or confusion, I am still feeling it in the body, but very slight. At 8:00pm I had gone for a walk, and it was more magical and sparkly than usual, but again, just a hint.

In retrospect, I have learned that if I want a micro, I will take approx 12.5 mcg, or 1/8 tab. If I want a bit more interesting day, and have nothing major pressing, I will opt for 25 mcg, or 1/4 tab. This also makes me realize why some folks refer to tabs as “doubles;” because 1/2 each would be a fine time for two.

This has made me wonder at how I could ever have taken a whole 100 mcg in my youth, let alone the 500 or more I sometimes ate! Maybe it is true about threshold doses; of one possibly being not distracted enough from the reality of the body feelings by the amazing visuals that come with full doses.

I will have to try a full tab in a couple weeks to really know. I mean, the cid I was getting was great back in the 90s, but now I know, or at least think I know, what the real dosage is on a tab (printed on each). These commercial laid RC sheets could have hotspots, but probably way less likely than whatever happens by on the street (not to knock).

For that reason, I like 1p as the “RC” that some refer to it as. Now must try ald52 and compare.
BTW, I found this dose of 1p to be very similar in feel and effect to 4 HBWR seeds, crushed and chewed.
Reminds me that I thought they would be a good micro sub. Must re-explore...

Last edited: