Votes: 1 25.0%
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ⭐️⭐️

• ⭐️

• Total voters
It's been getting a bit boring I think :\ The last couple eps were dull except for scenes with Shohreh Aghdashloo and Bobbie.

It's been getting a bit boring I think :\ The last couple eps were dull except for scenes with Shohreh Aghdashloo and Bobbie.

Yeah. I hope it's just building story progression.. I'm still enjoying it immensley, it's the only show on at the moment that i'm watching as all the others have finished.

I still can't get past Holden's (Steven Straight) awful acting, everyone else is fantastic but god whenever he tries to show emotion it makes me cringe.

I still can't get past Holden's (Steven Straight) awful acting, everyone else is fantastic but god whenever he tries to show emotion it makes me cringe.

I totally agree - all very faux tensed jaw deep pained expressions. I get the feeling he got lost on the way to the O.C.

I don't understand the Research ship and what happened on Venus. Hahahaha

Too bad it was the finale :(

I didn't even realise until someone told me.

lol i didn't know either but could tell just from the intensity of the episode that it was the end. either way i enjoyed the plot-building episodes too, didn't even realize until the episode before last when there was an outdoor shot that the series was filmed at pinewood studios downtown here. now i gotta keep my eyes peeled for any extra i might know

i believe the technical term is discombobulated :p

it was good to see Terry Chen join the cast. enjoyed his performance in Continuum, a previous sci-fi (and SyFy) series set in Vancouver, which did a good job in tackling the concept of time travel. worth a watch if you can handle the occasional episodic "cop drama"-ish plot. martian marine's CO also had a role in Continuum.

Continuum was ok, though I did find Rachel Nichols a bit grating at times.

The protomolecule took it apart, but how and why we won't know for a while. It already disregarded few laws of physics before (moving Eros out of the way of Nauvoo) or making it go stealth just like that.
Also that Mars vessel that rushed in before them probably ended the same way.

Just watched the first 3 eps. Great stuff! Good fun and some nice adrenaline/action sequences.

For those unaware SyFy has chosen not to renew the show for a new season. It also appears Netflix is not interested in picking it up. Fan's have been petitioning Amazon but I think sets are already been sold off to Star Trek Discovery.

I'm so depressed about this, especially after this weeks episode. This has been to date one of the best Sci-Fi shows in years.. I hope some miracle happens but it looks like it will finish up at the end of this season.

Awwww man! I think we knew this might happen, as viewing figures did not reflect the unusually high quality of the show. I had thought syfy might keep it going though so they can at least showcase having some high quality output, but it seems not :(

Some hope..

https://www.engadget.com/2018/05/21/amazon-in-talks-to-revive-the-expanse/

Amazon is in talks to resurrect 'The Expanse'

Just because Syfy dropped The Expanse doesn't mean the cult sci-fi hit has met its end. Sources talking to Deadline, Variety and Hollywood Reporter have all claimed that Amazon is in discussions to resurrect The Expanse for a fourth season. Neither Amazon nor show producer Alcon are commenting on the rumor, but Deadline heard there's "interest" in the move. The tricky part would be negotiating a deal -- it's more complex than you might think.

Amazon has the on-demand streaming rights to The Expanse in North America. However, its arch-nemesis Netflix offers the show beyond North America and New Zealand. It would either have to find a way to take greater control of distribution, limit new seasons to just a few countries or accept that it would support a competitor.

I heavily agree with this part:

"Moreover, genre shows like this tend to thrive more on streaming than on live broadcasts (Syfy's arrangement revolved heavily around live audiences). If Amazon picks up The Expanse, the series might have a considerably better home than it did on conventional TV."

Last edited:
^ That would be great news, although that issue with Netflix could be a deal-breaker for them. It does need to move networks though, as I don't think SyFy is the best vehicle for shows of high quality - I don't think people take them seriously. I was hoping an international broadcaster with deep pockets like the BBC would pick it up; they need more serious sci-fi on their menu imo.

DdOazJuVwAALfQe.jpg

https://www.cnet.com/news/jeff-bezos-amazon-rescues-the-expanse-from-cancellation/

Amazon rescues The Expanse from cancellation

"CEO Jeff Bezos announces that The Expanse will come back for a fourth season on Amazon Prime."

Get ready for more adventure, drama and sex in space. Thanks to Amazon, the highly-praised sci-fi series The Expanse will return the TV.

Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos made a surprise announcement that his company will air the next season of the hit show, during the International Space Development Conference in Los Angeles on Friday night, according to the Hollywood Reporter.

"I was talking to the cast half an hour ago, before the break for dinner started," Bezos said on stage at the conference. "I was telling them that we are working hard at Amazon to save The Expanse but it wasn't a done deal yet. During dinner, ten minutes ago, I just got word that The Expanse is saved."

rescue Firefly next plz. and stargate universe, and dark matter.